• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Any Discworld fans?

JZLobo

So, I found a used-but-good-condition hardback copy of Wintersmith at a bookstore today, but I have to sit on it until I can find a copy of Free Wee Men. I guess next paycheck I'm putting in an order at thriftbooks dot com.

Favorite book in the series? Mine is probably Guards! Guards!. I'm so looking forward to the City Watch series when it finally comes out on BBC. It's been a long, long time coming.

VampGal

Guards! Guards! and Reaper Man. I had the full audio books of those when I was ten.
Also the Johnny Maxwell series is great.

JZLobo

Nice, I kind of wish I had known about these books as a kid. I'm kind of sad I only found out how brilliant these books were just a couple years before Terry's passing.

Z

Zoalitte

I'm also a fan ! And i think it's better to read them adult or teenage instead of kid because a kid can't understand all the meanings. (and i think my favourite book is Reapper man too !)

JZLobo

The best forms of entertainment reveal new aspects every time you experience them. While there's definitely jokes you won't get until you're an adult, I imagine there's still something to enjoy about the books when you're young.

JZLobo

Let me guess, Angua is the furry fandom favorite?
You would think, but I don't see much fanart of her on here. At least, not as much as one would expect.

larigot

You would think, but I don't see much fanart of her on here. At least, not as much as one would expect.
Discworld just needs more love.

If anyone want to lend one:
20190420_002451.jpg

JZLobo

Discworld just needs more love.
Absolutely. I'm hoping it'll start getting it when BBC finally stops dragging their feet on the City Watch TV series.

JZLobo

Oh! I didn't know about that one, hopefully it comes out soon. The other live action ones were pretty good.
It's been in development limbo for about a decade, but there's been rumblings of a renewed interest at the BBC. I recently filled out a couple official surveys on the subject. My guess is they're waiting to see how Good Omens performs.

MacroNikita

Representing the Biggest in the Fandom
A friend of mine tried to get me into the "first" one, don't even remember what it's called but he told me it was what I needed to read first in the massive series. Never got into it, then again I had a lot going on in life and didn't get a good chance. That friend was a total Terry Pratchett-aholic.

I loved what I’ve read so far! It’s kind of daunting but my favorites have Death, Luggage, or the witches! I was completely unaware they were making a series D: but I’m still waiting for the latest Red Dwarf.

JZLobo

So I just finished reading "Interesting Times," and...

Attachments

• interesting times.jpg
    interesting times.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 54

Cosmonaughty

Finally comfortable in my fur!
Carpe jugulum and reaper man were my 2 favourites! But the lore books and reference material were insanely good! I love the world building in these stories! Specially death, such a good character study! Must admit I get a little... 'Thanos like' about that character sometimes! XD

JZLobo

Carpe jugulum and reaper man were my 2 favourites! But the lore books and reference material were insanely good! I love the world building in these stories! Specially death, such a good character study! Must admit I get a little... 'Thanos like' about that character sometimes! XD
I'm just about to start reading "Carpe Jugulum"!

Cyanomega

Terry pratchett is one of my favorite author's and Granny weathewax and Sam Vimes are two of my favorite characters in literature.

I'm such a stupid fanboy of his and I really morn his loss like any loser fanboy could be.

Xitheon

I may be mad but I'm perfectly good at it.
I loved The Amazing Maurice and his Educated Rodents. It is not strictly speaking a Discworld novel, but it is set in the Discworld and there is even a cameo from Death.

It is about a clan of rats who ate magical potions from the waste tip outside of the Unseen University and gained the ability to speak and think like humans. It's very dark and genuinely terrifying, but witty and wise.

D

Domjoe414

I loved The Amazing Maurice and his Educated Rodents. It is not strictly speaking a Discworld novel, but it is set in the Discworld and there is even a cameo from Death.

It is about a clan of rats who ate magical potions from the waste tip outside of the Unseen University and gained the ability to speak and think like humans. It's very dark and genuinely terrifying, but witty and wise.
I loved that book! It was lots of fun. I haven't read many of his other books though, except the Tiffany Aching series

JZLobo

I loved that book! It was lots of fun. I haven't read many of his other books though, except the Tiffany Aching series
So far I've only read the first of the Tiffany Aching books. But I read it not long after my grandfather's death, by sheer coincidence. And it was a cathartic experience for me. THAT MOMENT at the climax almost brought me to tears.

JZLobo

LOL!! Is that an actual quote???
I just started to work my way through Going Postal. Please tell me I have this to look forward to.
Sorry to disappoint. But Making Money is even funnier than Going Postal, IMO.