• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Any furs that own/ride on a Peloton?

Do you?

• No, but I ride/used to ride one regularly.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

VeeStars

uh I can explain?
(Sorry if this is the wrong section, I didn't know whether to put it here or on the general discussion ^^)

The title is pretty explanatory. Do you own/ride on a Peloton (the stationary bike) regularly? If not, do you ride on any other stationary bike?

As for me, my parents bought a Peloton for pretty cheap off of a friend earlier into the quarantine (around 8ish weeks ago?) and around 4-5 weeks ago I started riding it. It is a great way to use the seemingly infinite free time I have because of this virus. I feel fitter and fitter. Does anyone else ride stationary bikes, or even do some other form of exercise? Let me know! ^^

TyraWadman

The Silent Observer
I personally don't own one but after using one, my main issue is finding a device that fits my needs/height. I feel I'm better off with a real bike. It just sucks that all directions from my house is just hills. DX
Now, until I get moved and settled, my workout is lifting boxes, furniture and playing just dance for a few minutes on the switch. UuU

Benji Digipawz

My family owns one and they use it regularly for their health. I don't use it. I remember using an elliptical bike at my relatives house and using one in high school during Gym class. For me it was better than running on a treadmill.

VeeStars

uh I can explain?
My family owns one and they use it regularly for their health. I don't use it. I remember using an elliptical bike at my relatives house and using one in high school during Gym class. For me it was better than running on a treadmill.
Running, IMO, is THE WORST exercise. It SUCKS. I HATE IT. Maybe it's just because I am fat, but I always get side cramps and can't breathe enough and just get generally sore. On a bike, I can go much longer and at higher intensities.

Benji Digipawz

Running, IMO, is THE WORST exercise. It SUCKS. I HATE IT. Maybe it's just because I am fat, but I always get side cramps and can't breathe enough and just get generally sore. On a bike, I can go much longer and at higher intensities.
It is, I can't stand running dude, I like when my body is in one place sitting while my legs are moving. Plus most of the energy is put on your legs and you don't have to take breaks that often because your legs use less energy than your upper body. That's why I like riding my bicycle or an elliptical as opposed to running a mile.

VeeStars

uh I can explain?
It is, I can't stand running dude, I like when my body is in one place sitting while my legs are moving. Plus most of the energy is put on your legs and you don't have to take breaks that often because your legs use less energy than your upper body. That's why I like riding my bicycle or an elliptical as opposed to running a mile.
Running a mile feels like torture and I feel drained for like 15 minutes afterward. I can ride for like an hour (almost 6 times longer) and actually feel good afterward!!!

Simo

Professional Watermelon Farmer
Nope, but it sounds like it's working out really well for ya, @VeeStars! I'm not quite sure what a Peleton does differently; does it have software/video imagery or a VR interface to make you think your're out in nature and stuff?

I like to go bike riding, but I get bored of exercise if there's not fun scenery; luckily, there's lots of good places here, though before I moved back, it was hard to find places to go biking in the city, where it was peaceful/safe, so I can see many reasons such a contraption might be handy.

Can you race other Pelton users? Maybe you can have a virtual race : )

VeeStars

uh I can explain?
Nope, but it sounds like it's working out really well for ya, @VeeStars! I'm not quite sure what a Peleton does differently; does it have software/video imagery or a VR interface to make you think your're out in nature and stuff?

I like to go bike riding, but I get bored of exercise if there's not fun scenery; luckily, there's lots of good places here, though before I moved back, it was hard to find places to go biking in the city, where it was peaceful/safe, so I can see many reasons such a contraption might be handy.

Can you race other Pelton users, and such? Maybe you can have a virtual race : )
Not sure what riding in VR would be like, probably sweaty and nauseating. No, there isn't any VR. I am pretty sure you can ride with friends. There is scenery but it is more like watch a video while you ride. Not quite the point though, the point is that you have a spin class in your home. Riding out in nature is pretty rad, and it is why I used to mountain bike.

PercyD

Lover of Beasty Baes
My mom has one of these up at her storage. Along with my treadmill.

I wish our current house had space. We'd be able to stay fit during quarantine. Unforunately we don't vAv.

We do have 3 acres of land, though. I just try to walk my dog around on our property. Even the neighborhood is getting a little dicey for us.

Simo

Not sure what riding in VR would be like, probably sweaty and nauseating. No, there isn't any VR. I am pretty sure you can ride with friends. There is scenery but it is more like watch a video while you ride. Not quite the point though, the point is that you have a spin class in your home. Riding out in nature is pretty rad, and it is why I used to mountain bike.

Ah, I see! Huh, maybe I can invent a virtual stationary bike experience: compelling visuals, sound effects...maybe even the scent of the forest after a rain...I could be rich!!!

Also, I agree: riding out in nature is the best, and I hope you're able to get back to it soon...sounds like you'll be in great shape when you do.

VeeStars

uh I can explain?
Ah, I see! Huh, maybe I can invent a virtual stationary bike experience: compelling visuals, sound effects...maybe even the scent of the forest after a rain...I could be rich!!!

Also, I agree: riding out in nature is the best, and I hope you're able to get back to it soon...sounds like you'll be in great shape when you do.
But that isn't the point.... but okay.

Riding out in nature is made better when speeding down a hill making hairpin turns holding on for dear life ;3

Simo

But that isn't the point.... but okay.

Riding out in nature is made better when speeding down a hill making hairpin turns holding on for dear life ;3

Do not worry. You'll be holding on for dear life when my Simo-matic-mountain-bike-simulator comes out; I'll put you down as a test subject. :p

Stray_the_Kitsune

The Rocker Kitsune
<3 Outdoor bike riding, but I do have a Nautilus upright bike. Had to get one of those Schwinn super wide seats since my lower half is broad and heavier.

Would love to try a real Peloton, though. They have tons more features and device support. Notice any changes in your physique lately, VeeStars?