• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Any Furs Wanna Cameo?

GamingGal

EDIT: Round 2!!

Hey guys!

So, I'm planning on starting a running story series thing and it's gonna need some furs to populate it. Of course, I could create them and give them personalities and everything, but I wanted to first see if anyone wanted to see their fur come to life! I'll try my best to interpret your fursona the way you would and I'll try to give them a part that would fit them. I might not use everyone. Since I'm sure you're interested to know what the story is going to be, please read my little description below:

-----
Aaria, my fursona, has decided to attend university (I know, so cliche, bear with me). She chooses Wyldes University, a university that is becoming known for it's research into a new science: Morphology (crap name I just picked). She has her first day on campus, meets her dorm roommate, checks out the campus, attends classes, yada yada. Her main interest, though, is Morphology. On campus there are two very large, fenced, security tight areas known as The Wyldes and The Deep. These are places furries can go to become feral. By injecting a serum created by researchers, a furry will morph into their feral form for a period of time. They are only allowed in the two designated areas, and they must wear collars/tags/something that sets them apart from the normal creatures that inhabit these areas. While there, a furry can do whatever. Hunt, sleep, play, whatever. All seems well and good until, one day, a mutilated body is found on campus. Nothing like this has ever happened on campus and it immediately sets everyone on edge. The news quickly covers the story, but soon updates stop coming. Eventually the incident fades away. Aaria eventually finds out that someone on campus had done this, someone who was channeling their feral side while outside of the zones. Furry attacking furry seeking blood. Not only this, but it soon becomes evident that the serums are having a lasting affect.....
-----

So, yep, short explanation.

If interested, please post below and give a brief description of your sona and their attitude/likes/dislikes/stuff. Some will have more major/continual roles than others. If there is a role you don't want your sona to have, lemme know. Of course, if I use your sona you will be credited when the story they appear in is posted.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

FeralArrow

WITNESS ME
Ooh me! Me first me first me first!

Hehee.

Visual ref

She's basically me, but a bit less harsh. So:

Attitude: loves to laugh, enjoys explaining things to people/getting people interested in new things, shy but fun, has a hard time feeling like a part of a group

Likes: all games, moments of expression, kindness, cool colors, dark themes, alt rock and 80s pop (Depeche Mode omg), literature, learning, museums

Dislikes: ignorance, conservatives (for the most part), parsley, arguing, physics classes, overcooked food, forced small talk

Relevant facts: Isn't ever bothered by the sight of gore, would probably turn feral to do some sort of soul-searching/meditating, is an omnivore and is generally extremely open-minded.

Last edited:

shiy0

A.K.A the greeting wolf
that sounds actually pretty interesting but there would be this one thing that he can indeed morph into his feral form already as long as he wants and... i wouldn't like him to become the source of the serum and be used as an experiment and stuff. although... this could interact with his past. .-.

other then that my bios is in the fursona faction of the forum and the link to the ref is right at the top of that.

Last edited:

RedSavage

Rattlesnake Flavored
Sure. On two conditions.

1. My character is not attending college. Maybe she works as a driver, delivers the foods or the school supplies, or idk. Or maybe she just works ground keeping. Maintenance. She's highly literate, well spoken, and seems to know a lot about the school, but just leave it ambiguous on whether or not she attended at one point.

2. Just simplify her species to hellhound. Unless of course your little world allows for hybrids, then sheep-yote will do. Ref Sheet: http://www.furaffinity.net/view/14037111/

Personality: Blunt. Doesn't like gossip. Actively avoids talking behind people's backs, even if she doesn't like them (or TRIES her best not to anyways). Generally caring and patient, willing to give advice, but becomes quickly frustrated and flustered when people make excuses or try to talk their way out of efforts to resolve things. And a bit of a foul mouth at times. Hard working. Enjoys physical labor. Enjoys reading and writing.

Rest is up to you~

Astrium

King of the Noodles
I'll definitely volunteer my fursona once I actually get it made.

Gnarl

The Arcane Sage
Gnarl is available for this one. In most of the stories he has been in he is usually the Janitor that everyone goes to and trusts. He can and will always keep a secret.
He is old and wise, before becoming a janitor he was a college professor but hated the politics on campus. He is a published author but used another name so no one knows that the popular adventure books were written by him. He is quiet by not shy. His favorite quote is "It is better to be silent and thought a fool, than to speak up and remove all doubt".

Name: Gnarl Mc
Definitely a gray muzzle, but mostly white. wears bifocals but they are out of date so his sight is a little fuzzy.
likes: almost everything, writing gaming, AD&D, reading, skydiving, fishing, adventuring, travel, work, most favorite thing- helping students on campus to learn and make it through.
Dislikes: People who obsess with what others think.

Ris'hary

Cool idea :)

Sure, you can use mine, only two pics I have of Ris'hary:
My attempt to draw him - http://www.furaffinity.net/view/16370705/
GypsyWolf's (Much better) attempt - http://www.furaffinity.net/view/16427422/

Personality: A bit of a showoff, trickster/prankster (But mostly harmless), likes to get into small trouble just for the fun and thrill of getting out it (He is the kind of guy that would pickpocket you or steal your watch and give you it back with a stupid quote - "I'm in a good mood, you get a free gift" *hands you your watch*. Skilled in activities involving deft hands - Lockpicking, card magic etc'.
Feel free to modify to your needs but thats the general charcter, enjoy.

DrDingo

Moved to phoenix.corvidae.org with the others
Say, this is a university, right? With people lecturing and giving talks about morphy science?
I might be able to weigh in.

http://www.furaffinity.net/full/15653014/
He's male, and a dingo. Can be mature and respectable, or eccentric, or whatever. He's flexible.
I haven't mapped out his personality, so by all means, you can ..morph him to suit the narrative. XD

GamingGal

Thanks so much and keep em coming you guys! I plan on making a short list in the first post of what roles I plan to have sonas in, and you guys can ask for them to be changed if you'd like :3

GamingGal

Come on you guys, toss me more sonas! I've started and will be posting a link to the first part in a bit, but I need you guys to populate my world <3

shiy0

A.K.A the greeting wolf
ladies aaaaand gentleman! see this as a one time opportunity to reach fame and glory! ever wanted to see your sona in a story but never had the ideas to make one? or do you may just need some more background for it? this is your chance to shine! join now and become a leeegeeeeend!

* i had a schooltrip bout commercials and advertisment...please don't ask XD*

DrDingo

So hey, I just read the little chunk of story you wrote.
Seems like an alright start but mate, so many of your sentences are really long! Oh yeah, and don't take this the wrong way or anything, but the dialogue sounds a lot like it was written by just one person. Kinda generic, like the lines were fashioned to fit with one another. Don't be one of those furries who ends up making all the characters carbon copies of each other.

Also- Keep the dialogue realistic. Here's an example of a weird bit-
“You pissed off, too?”
“Hell yeah I am,” she replied, a growl rumbling in her throat. “I mean, come on. We’ve already paid all the stupid fees and I’m pretty sure one of them was for shuttle service to and from campus. The least they could do is be on time.”

See, nobody would actually say that. Not unless they were sat there for a while, meticulously planning their speech. If a stranger went up to you and asked you if you were annoyed, a normal person would be caught off guard and say "Huh, sorry?". They wouldn't dive right in with a "Hell yeah"!

Do keep going with this story. I only had some niggles with it, is all.

GamingGal

So hey, I just read the little chunk of story you wrote.
Seems like an alright start but mate, so many of your sentences are really long! Oh yeah, and don't take this the wrong way or anything, but the dialogue sounds a lot like it was written by just one person. Kinda generic, like the lines were fashioned to fit with one another. Don't be one of those furries who ends up making all the characters carbon copies of each other.

Also- Keep the dialogue realistic.

Do keep going with this story. I only had some niggles with it, is all.

Haha, yeeeaaaaahhhh……I do tend to write rather long sentences :3 I like to be as descriptive as possible so my readers can see what I'm seeing and all that jazz, and I have a love affair with commas and semicolons >.< As for the dialogue, you're not the first to tell me it sounds as if it's all coming from one person. It's definitely something I need to work on a bit more. After some consideration, I think I'm going to leave it the way it is and try to track my (hopeful) progress as I continue the story. Who knows, I might improve. Did the dialogue stay weird throughout the entire story, or did it get progressively better? The part you quoted was the beginning of them talking and I admit it was weird at first cause I was voicing a character that doesn't belong to me and cause I hate dialogue. I like to think I maybe got a slight feel for it as I continued? *shrugs* Thanks for the feedback, though! Really, it means a lot. The fact that you're willing to read more means it wasn't too awful, yeah?

shiy0

A.K.A the greeting wolf
might improve? improvement is out of question this just happens somehow (or atleast there are moments where it feels like that). you just need to work on those dialogues a lil but you know this already on your own so yeah i'm looking forward to it and await great success.

Last edited:

DrDingo

Haha, yeeeaaaaahhhh……I do tend to write rather long sentences :3 I like to be as descriptive as possible so my readers can see what I'm seeing and all that jazz, and I have a love affair with commas and semicolons >.< As for the dialogue, you're not the first to tell me it sounds as if it's all coming from one person. It's definitely something I need to work on a bit more. After some consideration, I think I'm going to leave it the way it is and try to track my (hopeful) progress as I continue the story. Who knows, I might improve. Did the dialogue stay weird throughout the entire story, or did it get progressively better? The part you quoted was the beginning of them talking and I admit it was weird at first cause I was voicing a character that doesn't belong to me and cause I hate dialogue. I like to think I maybe got a slight feel for it as I continued? *shrugs* Thanks for the feedback, though! Really, it means a lot. The fact that you're willing to read more means it wasn't too awful, yeah?
I'll be honest with you here.
Red's speech was alright, because you were writing the dialogue of someone with a different mood and social status.
The conversation, though? You can tell it was written by a furry. It's a first greeting after so much waiting, and they already both seem really timid and unengaged. Like they just don't really care.
And their replies are FAR too long to be realistic.

Alright, I'll give another example-
“Well, in that case, be sure to hire me when you get ready to make the best damn video games. I’ll happily write whatever so long as you pay me.”

This thing right here is exactly what nobody would ever say ever. Not trying to be mean, but it'd be more like:
"Hah. Maybe you'll hire me someday!"
The rest just so isn't needed. XD

GamingGal

Fixed the speech (hopefully) and had to re-upload it cause FA was being a dick. Yay! Now to work on the second part :3

Just a suggestion ( and it has nothing to do with the actual story) , could you possibly make the rest of the chapters readable without downloading them? I hate to complain about things like this but its just so my h more convenient.

Uh critique on the story..pretty good so far , nothing I can think of that hasn't been mentioned...

GamingGal

Got the second part up! Please comment and critique as you see fit.

And please tell me if I'm uploading it right >.<

Ris'hary

Read both parts and enjoyed them, well done! Happy to see that Ris'hary made it in.

About the story - It's a good beginning, makes me curious enough to want to read more.

About the writing - Some minor nitpicky things jump out, such as:

Aaria and the other characters are described in third person, which means the story is told by a narrator. This is obviously fine, but I find it strange that the narrator himself calls the shuttle stupid. Or maybe it just feels like that because Aaria calls it stupid a few sentences later.
Also, please do not align the text to the center in FA, it makes it hard to read.

About Ris'hary - I can't imagine him saying “Abracadabra! Alakazam! Magic words!”. he likes to be more sophisticated with his magic. But like I said before, I gave you the general idea of the character, you can do whatever you want with him, I don't mind :)

Last edited: