• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Any furs who have interests in fantasy/spiritual stuff?

InfinityZ

The Nighthowler
As the title suggests, i've been looking for people who have that kind of interests. Not only on RP, but like in general, as well as having characters with that kind of theme too. Would be nice to have someone to discuss about character/world making around that theme. Sci-fi stuff would also be interesting too btw.

RogueNoodle

toe bean enthusiast
I'm not sure if this is what you're after, but my main sona is a little cat witch who lives in the forest. I don't consider her to live in a high fantasy setting or anything. I think she's more like a Ghibli/Disney-esque character that brews silly potions and talks to the forest animals. She'd be a bit panicky in an intense D&D/LoTR style setting!

Toby_Morpheus

Hello, Proto
I like sci-fi and fantasy
I also have a vast background in religious study, both modern and historical

D

Deleted member 134556

My sona is sci-fi based, and I enjoy futuristic concepts, mostly cyberpunk. I incorporate it into some art I get. I'm into high tech armor, machines, energy based weapons instead of conventional ones that fire bullets. This includes energy swords and shields, much like in some video games.

In real life I enjoy mythology too, specifically Norse and sometimes Celtic. I've been studying it past few months. It's a culture and spirituality to some people like modern peaceful Pagan groups such as Wiccans and Asatruers, which I have been learning about myself frequently out of curiosity, so I wouldn't call it "fantasy" so much as a spirituality out of respect for them. However, the creations Norse and other mythologies inspired like Lord of the Rings is a series I enjoy, along with creatures like dwarves, elves, and giants, both in books and movies you see all the time.

I enjoy video games with magic and enchantment too, and mythical creatures from all origins, which was one reason I made my sona a dragon. I do play D&D with my siblings from time to time. They know I'm a furry so they don't mind the anthro characters I make haha. I got my sister to make an cat ranger. We have lots of fun.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sam Akuchin Wamm

i'm a guy who has a bunch of supposedly mystical devices and I've played nothing but Skyrim for the past 5 years.

Skittles

Queen of FaF. Empress of Fløøf.
Hello~ Two of my characters are pretty much embedded into fantasy worlds and hey, I love fantasy as an aesthetic :3

Jackpot Raccuki

Fucking Racon
I love fantasy and spiritual stuff.
Fantasy in general including magic, medieval fantasy and even sci fi are good, I love not being grounded in reality.
As for spiritual, well my own fursona is a demon, more specifically meant to be based around the Deadly sin Greed it self.

Generally speaking most of my lore/worlds are fantasy themed anyway. Excluding “coz furry”

JuniperW

Birb Fanatic
Most, if not all of the fictional worlds I come up with are fantasy-themed. Religion plays a pretty big role in my main one (hell, the character in my avatar is a priestess).

Jaredthefox92

Banned
Banned
While IRL I'm religious, I would say I dabble into fantasy a lot as well. Mostly because my characters never really touch around mono-theism so everyone who's magical or whatnot isn't really "unholy" so much as it's a means to an ends for other types of abilities. For instance I have Aurelia who's a witch, and even though in lore she did witchcraft her witchcraft is more or less just an extension of her own psychic powers that she was born with, (which is a genetic thing in my lore.) Magic is 'weird' in my story, it can do silly things or be completely broken, but as far as dark rituals it's normally irreligious.

I would say my way of magic is akin to Warhammer Fantasy or DOTA magic, there's various lores and not all of them are "evil", but you can become evil and powerful if you study them. There's even magic that conveniently turns Aurelia into a giant (because for roleplays), but as far as magic being able to summon demons? Ehhh, the demons are kinda-sort of anti-villains and freedom fighters in my story. Plus, the main demon, Arnzarel was once a mortal shaman so it's more of a Pandora's Box situation where the various idiotic deities in my story act like a bunch of Greek gods and are all assholes to mortals, meaning Arnzy sort of has a point why he hates them. A lot of my work in general is morally grey so even magic can be used for noble purposes.

Last edited:

Mambi

Fun loving kitty cat
As the title suggests, i've been looking for people who have that kind of interests. Not only on RP, but like in general, as well as having characters with that kind of theme too. Would be nice to have someone to discuss about character/world making around that theme. Sci-fi stuff would also be interesting too btw.

Always...IRL I'm Wiccan and I guess it comes across in my sona as well, and always enjoyed fantasy and sci-fi. In my sona's lore, Mambi's portal abilities are a gift from unicorn magick a long time ago. And I enjoy chatting about spirituality anytime 'cause I look at various beliefs as a hobby, not really to see what they believe, but to understand why someone believes whatever they do...much more interesting to me. <giggle>

TemetNosce88

So long, good luck, goodbye.
I haven't done anything with it furry-wise, but I do enjoy fantasy settings quite a bit if they're done well. Things like Morrowind especially, I love the originality in that game.

I've been starting to incorporate some spirituality and magic into my unicorn character Hayley. I haven't quite defined how that works yet, but it's not magic in the traditional sense but more of a mental or spiritual energy or force. The plan is for it to use a lot of the things I enjoy or have learned about psychology (especially Jungian) and my own mish-mash spirituality which tends towards the new-agey a little bit.

fernshiine

HECK YEAH!

I'm actually writing a fantasy story on Wattpad involving cats. More specifically, these two protagonists. The amulet is cursed and ties them together. If one dies so does the other. There's a lot more to it. I drew them cuz why not?
Untitled_Artwork (8).png

Untitled_Artwork (7).png

Alys_0_0

Tea thief <3 She/Her <3 POTATO QUEEN
I'm obsessed with magic. I don't know if it's real or not but I'm willing to rule out that it doesn't exist somewhere hidden or just that it's really weak. All my fursonas have some kind of magic and they all live in the woods. Kinda fantasy-ish setting. I always like to add a little emotion to my sonas for them to overcome during rp. Magic is just awesome!

RogueNoodle

toe bean enthusiast
Always...IRL I'm Wiccan and I guess it comes across in my sona as well, and always enjoyed fantasy and sci-fi. In my sona's lore, Mambi's portal abilities are a gift from unicorn magick a long time ago. And I enjoy chatting about spirituality anytime 'cause I look at various beliefs as a hobby, not really to see what they believe, but to understand why someone believes whatever they do...much more interesting to me. <giggle>
This is also how I am. I'm a practicing Druid IRL and I think my main sona and other OCs really reflect that. I don't practice Magick like other Druids. Heck, I don't even practice divination! But my sona reflects the idea of putting good out into the universe and showing love and respect for the world around us.

MaelstromEyre

Slippery When Wet
My fursona exists in a "fantasy" type world, with many different races, potential for magic, etc. The time period is closest to medieval, with some advancements thanks to the availability of magic, and there are also inventors who use non-magical methods to create improvements for everyday life.

Kinare

RAWR
Hay.

Spirituality is very important to me and my species. I myself struggle with finding balance in life, and the spirit cat species' purpose is protecting the balance of life. High fantasy as well, everything about their world (give or take some basics) I decided I was going to make up so people can't yell at me and say "this no work that way, y u do dis", so I can create freely what makes sense for my story.

I grew up in a strict religious household, but that's not what has kept me believing in something greater than us being out there. I've had some experiences that have shaped me and I love the topic, so if you ever feel like discussing it I'd love more peeps to talk spirituality with. I like sharing experiences and discussing overall viewpoints, not debating and trying to convert each other. Open minds for non-believers, not someone who is just gonna go "lul that's not real".

Jaredthefox92

Banned
Banned
Hay.

Spirituality is very important to me and my species. I myself struggle with finding balance in life, and the spirit cat species' purpose is protecting the balance of life. High fantasy as well, everything about their world (give or take some basics) I decided I was going to make up so people can't yell at me and say "this no work that way, y u do dis", so I can create freely what makes sense for my story.

I grew up in a strict religious household, but that's not what has kept me believing in something greater than us being out there. I've had some experiences that have shaped me and I love the topic, so if you ever feel like discussing it I'd love more peeps to talk spirituality with. I like sharing experiences and discussing overall viewpoints, not debating and trying to convert each other. Open minds for non-believers, not someone who is just gonna go "lul that's not real".

I'm a religious guy who has demon characters, BUT they're actually all from this one shaman guy who had a pantheon of jerkass deities, and said jerkass deities trolled him over and turned him into a lizard like blue demon. Then they constantly yank his tail off and use it to turn it into his demon spawn kids. Sort of funny really, meaning he reproduced asexually like fungus in reality.