• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Any Good Free Animation Programs?

Miles Marsalis

The Last DJ.
I'm curious about this or any easy-to-use purchasable programs for amatuers.

Flash and Movie Maker are the only programs I'm familiar with.

Pomorek

Antelope-Addicted Hyena
I probably mentioned this before, but Blender3D has gained rather impressive 2D animation capabilities in the last few years. And the devs keep adding to it. If this continues, it could emerge as one of the more powerful animation suites out there, able to use either 3D, 2D, or mixed approach equally well.

And it's free.

Miles Marsalis

The Last DJ.
Just to be clear, you have pay for Flash. I was working on the assumption everyone knows that.

Thanks for the suggestions so far.

AzureKiteUsagi

Sorrow has left me here.
Just to be clear, you have pay for Flash. I was working on the assumption everyone knows that.

Thanks for the suggestions so far.

I used to have Flash CS3 on my old desktop for years. Loved animating with it.
When my desktop crashed and I couldn't transfer my files anywhere, all I had was a hard drive
and eventually a new laptop and no way to transfer any of my files. :(

friskydingo

Opentoonz would be my recommendation. It's going to be intimidating when you first open it up but it's worth learning. It's free and it's mostly if not exactly the same as the program studio ghibli uses, so you know it can do everything you need for 2d animation.

Hound-of-chulainn

Seconding Krita for 2D animations. I mostly do a lot of pixel animations, but it's still 2D so aseprite and pyxel edit are pretty good for anyone doing that kind of animation. :)