• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Any good furry games around?

Taralack

Hit 'em right between the eyes
I hear Sola to Robo is good, haven't played it myself though.

Rekel

A Professional Expert
Dust isn't a furry game unless you're referring to anthropomorphic animals exclusively, in which case Star Fox and Crash Bandicoot would also be considered furry games.

The only reason I get anal about labeling a game "furry" is because the creator of Dust has specifically said his game wasn't influenced by anything furry.

But uh... If you're looking for an exclusively furry flash-game, someone linked me to something on E621... It has a plot and everything, though that may not be the kind of thing you're looking for. :v

NightsOfStars

Twinkle and Shine
There's an Anthro Maker on Doll Divine.

Technically, any Sonic game can be considered "furry" since the whole franchise is based off of an anthro hedgehog

Also, SLY COOPER. Nuff said.

Harbinger

The Last of Us.
Dust isn't a furry game unless you're referring to anthropomorphic animals exclusively, in which case Star Fox and Crash Bandicoot would also be considered furry games.

The only reason I get anal about labeling a game "furry" is because the creator of Dust has specifically said his game wasn't influenced by anything furry.

I can never understand that whole its furry-its not furry stuff, furry is what we call anthropomorphic characters, there was no starting point of something being released under the furry genre, we just called it furry. I just think of anything with two legged anthropomorphic characters furry :/

GarthTheWereWolf

Captious Lycanthrope of Forum Legend
Blood of the werewolf was pretty decent if you like precision platformers. V: I got my copy for free when the creator advertised it on FaF forums giving out free steam game key for it, but no one had noticed the thread or taken interest into it. I'd say that since the actual creators came to a furry forum when it was released trying to get attention for the game~ you could say furries are definitely it's target audience.

TrishaCat

The Cat in the FAF
There is one furry game that is far above the rest. Its sits on its throne eyeballing those before it, mocking their pathetic attempts at reaching its level. It hid itself from the world and only allowed a select few worthy of having knowledge of it know it existed. It spent around a decade working hard to make it to the top, and once it sat there it knew that it was all worth it. That no furry game would ever dare to come close to its power, to its prestige...It was a work of art, a masterpiece in gaming. Few have had the pleasure of playing it, but those who did found themselves diving into a world like no other.

That game is Solatorobo: Red the Hunter.
7vW9Njj.jpg

Made by a team of top tier artists and developers known as CyberConnect2, Solatorobo boasts of having a seemingly neverending amount of lore, so much so that 3 250+ page artbooks were made for it, each giving insight into the game's world even farther than it itself did, and it had a large amount of worldbuilding. With such great amounts of worldbuilding, its easy for one to immerse themselves in the world, and by doing so in turn easier to care about the characters, most of whom are lovable and detailed, each with their own strengths as well as flaws. The game took the standard action RPG combat and turned it on its head. "No!" it cried when asked if it wanted to be like other JRPGs. The combat consists of lifting objects and enemies up and throwing them, which, while simple, manages to avoid being boring and set the game's gameplay apart from every other game on the market. And while having all that, what could complete the game but an amazing story? Taking a similar route to the anime known as Gurren Lagann, the game tricks the player into thinking they're getting into something fairly simple, where its basically just a "Beat all the leaders to get to the big baddie". It makes the player think they know what they're getting themselves into, only to shock them when in the second half it drops the ball and the story truly unfolds and rears its lovely head. Few stories in gaming are as great as this game's, and as someone who's played it, I strongly recommend you give it a try.

And if that didn't draw you in:
For Pete's sake, its furries piloting giant robots. Does that not tickle your fancy?! Does that not peak your interest?! Go! Play the game and find out for yourself what you've missed out on by not playing it!

Last edited:

Harbinger

The Last of Us.
Yall muva fukka's need Bloody Roar..

shina02.jpg

Although im gonna check out those that were mentioned out.

S

Sar

Claim anything that has some kind of anthro talking animal counts as a catering to the Furry fandom. Point it out to your friends too. Its hidden illuminati subliminal propaganda we use to entice people into our whim.

Alexxx-Returns

The Sergal that Didn't Vore
So on the topic of good games with anthro characters... I'm going to suggest a pretty old one (I first played it as an OEM when I was 5 or 6) called Jazz Jackrabbit (2). It's an awesome PC platformer with your choice of two adorable but badass bunny protagonists to play as, with really neat gameplay, character options, and if I may say so, the music is INCREDIBLE. And it's also got some pretty fun multiplayer options, and I can't remember where I got it as an adult, but there's also a program floating about to edit the level tilesets/enemies, and create your own levels/tilesets in a similar way to Pokemon RSE map editing.

I'd say the game's only shortcoming is that it simply doesn't go on for long enough.

Did I mention how amazing the music is?

TrishaCat

The Cat in the FAF
Another great game with anthro animals in it is Freedom Planet, which is sort of what you get if you take the speed of a Sonic game with the combat focus of a Megaman X game.
http://i.imgur.com/EJPdVuH.jpg

Claim anything that has some kind of anthro talking animal counts as a catering to the Furry fandom. Point it out to your friends too. Its hidden illuminati subliminal propaganda we use to entice people into our whim.
To be fair some games ARE made with furries in mind.

Solatorobo being one of them.
http://i.imgur.com/aRna4ai.png

Hakar Kerarmor

PRAISE THE EMPEROR
I hear Five Nights at Freddy's has a few cute animal characters in it.

KyryK

Well...you tried
Banned
While i've not played it myself (yet) and therefore can't say if it's any good or not you might want to check out Overgrowth and it's predecessor Lugaru. It's an action game with platform elements about anthro rabbits, wolves, cats and other assorted beasties knocking the shit out of each other with swords and such. It's still in development but they have an early access thing for people that pre-order the game.

[yt]6fFVX3GkBBg[/yt]

Harbinger

The Last of Us.
Whats that game that was recently announced where it was like a fantasy setting and rumored to be able to play as anything? There were skeletons, animals, viking types, and giant women in tree's and giant skeletons underwater. I know thats definitely not furry just wondering if anyone know's.

I hear Five Nights at Freddy's has a few cute animal characters in it.

Never heard of it...

Rekel

A Professional Expert
I can never understand that whole its furry-its not furry stuff, furry is what we call anthropomorphic characters, there was no starting point of something being released under the furry genre, we just called it furry. I just think of anything with two legged anthropomorphic characters furry :/

Well... I was wrong to state a preference like it was a fact -- sorry. But I draw those lines because as far as I'm concerned, something furry is something part of the furry-fandom, and I'm sure most of the guys that design this stuff don't even know such a fandom exists. Then again, furries like anthro animals -- and what does Sly Cooper have? Anthro animals!

So... What did we learn today? That I should probably be quiet because there's more than one way to look at it. :U

chesse20

corruption of champions, troubles in tainted space, second life, furcadia, some wow rip off with the word "green" in its name, toontown rewritten

KyryK

Well...you tried
Banned

NightsOfStars

Twinkle and Shine
There's also Ratchet and Clank. That game has a whole series that just gets wilder and wilder down the line.

Cekuba

Video Game or Board/Card Game?

I mean, video games go way back, as mention here, could really be so many from original Sonic to more recent versions - and of course all the things listed above, just depends on what you mean and the platform - none would really be "furry" specifically, just anthro characters made by corporate giants :p

I don't know if there are any board games...

Card games: I believe there is a Furry Card Against Humanity (most likely 19+)? Also, Furoticon (if you're over 19) I believe they want to go to a web-based game as well; maybe like Hearthstone? Not sure! Both would be considered "Furry" games XD