• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

any good rp spots?

funyanshi

stupid cat
its been so long since ive roleplayed somewhere. i mostly stick with ppl i know now, and doing private little things 1/1 bc its easy. i used to play a lot on gaia but i feel like a grandpa on there now lol. i used houseeroes / fictiondepot for a minute but i didnt click with a lot of the people there,,,

specifically i think id like a chill rp space that has an 18+ user base but it doesnt have to be purely nsfw ykno,, i just dont feel comfortable rping with minors (sfw of course but even then its weird). and the other biggest thing for me when looking for rps is how lgbt friendly the site and users are. really hard to find decent rp partners or sites in general that dont treat lgbt rp topics as a fetish qq especially regarding trans characters. finding somebody willing to play against a trans oc is hard, but then when you do find someone you also have to consider if theyre actually okay with rping with ur oc or if theyre gona be weird about it yknow.

sooo tldr, any queer friendly / inclusive 18+ rp sites you guys know of?

Monosuki the Aurian

Kyu the Braixen
Hmm.......I could be wrong on this, so do correct me if I make error, but there might be some places on Discord, certain servers that are LGBTQ+ friendly. That's to the last of my knowledge.

I know of this because it was spoken about before, though I've never really seen them as to verify such things, due to the....rather abundantly clear issue with my own age.

In conclusion, some sites and groups on Discord could be a possibility, if tried carefully. Do tread lightly though. As I said before, I have no knowledge if they are 100% ideal.

funyanshi

stupid cat
Hmm.......I could be wrong on this, so do correct me if I make error, but there might be some places on Discord, certain servers that are LGBTQ+ friendly. That's to the last of my knowledge.

I know of this because it was spoken about before, though I've never really seen them as to verify such things, due to the....rather abundantly clear issue with my own age.

In conclusion, some sites and groups on Discord could be a possibility, if tried carefully. Do tread lightly though. As I said before, I have no knowledge if they are 100% ideal.
Hey thanks for the suggestion ^^ i forgot rp discords were a thing tbh. Probably gona have to go about any public medium with a bit of caution,,, good suggestion tho! (Dw about ur age too much, its not so much of 'its an issue' as it is just a safety thing for the most part. Both safer for the younger audience and the older audience to keep a respectable distance, ykno?)

EmpressCiela

The Empress has Returned
really hard to find decent rp partners or sites in general that dont treat lgbt rp topics as a fetish qq especially regarding trans characters. finding somebody willing to play against a trans oc is hard, but then when you do find someone you also have to consider if theyre actually okay with rping with ur oc or if theyre gona be weird about it yknow.
I feel this. I feel this and it hurts. Part of why I was out of RP for years and only got back into it weeks ago.

Discord is for sure the place to go nowadays, it seems. Problem is, there doesn't seem to be a list of rp servers out there. Or at least, I haven't found one yet. I can say for certain that I think that it's an easier platform to RP with than forums or websites, having been a member since around the time it launched and being very familiar with how the platform works (funny story, Discord launched the day after I turned 16) so I'd personally recommend maybe focusing your efforts on finding some LGBTQ+ friendly and skilled RP servers. They're out there, just gotta do some digging.

funyanshi

stupid cat
I feel this. I feel this and it hurts. Part of why I was out of RP for years and only got back into it weeks ago.

Discord is for sure the place to go nowadays, it seems. Problem is, there doesn't seem to be a list of rp servers out there. Or at least, I haven't found one yet. I can say for certain that I think that it's an easier platform to RP with than forums or websites, having been a member since around the time it launched and being very familiar with how the platform works (funny story, Discord launched the day after I turned 16) so I'd personally recommend maybe focusing your efforts on finding some LGBTQ+ friendly and skilled RP servers. They're out there, just gotta do some digging.
:""") yeah... i was really shy about playing my trans ocs or sharing trans headcanons for canon characters before, but the past few years ive been trying to stabd firm about it being okay and perfectly fine to explore those topics in rp! Unfortunately tho theres a whooole lotta headache (and heartache) when trying to put urself / ur characters out there. Q_Q between the fetishizing or phobia.. its very disheartening.

Im not sure about chat platforms for rp but yeah, seems like a good avenue to look into! :0 a list would be nice but i can see why there wouldnt be one (maybe for privacy sake / invite only??). Good luck looking too.

Bllst

Yeah, finding LGBTQ+-inclusive spaces can be tricky, though I guess I've had good luck with everyone I've RP'd with either being explicitly pro-trans or trans themselves, and I haven't had to deal with any fetishizing. It's definitely out there,

Seconding what's been said before, Discord is my choice of platform for RPs. I might find people elsewhere, but Discord is such a cleaner, easier-to-use system. For one long-ish running RP, I made a server for it, with different channels for different "places" and 'verses, but even just DMs are lovely.

Monosuki the Aurian

Kyu the Braixen
Hey thanks for the suggestion ^^ i forgot rp discords were a thing tbh. Probably gona have to go about any public medium with a bit of caution,,, good suggestion tho! (Dw about ur age too much, its not so much of 'its an issue' as it is just a safety thing for the most part. Both safer for the younger audience and the older audience to keep a respectable distance, ykno?)
Indeed I can respect that! And I hope it works out well for you at some point!