• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Any MGTOW furries?

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Frugando

MGTOW: Men Going their Own Way (self-based ideology based on 'going your own way'. Generally when gathered together, give advice/ warnings, express what they beleive to be unfair to men in society, as well give criticism towards others)

Just curious if they/ you exist in this fandom or ever came across a self proclaimed MGTOW?

If so, what are your thoughts about them in general or them existing in the fandom?

Keeping my personal beliefs to myself, I personaly have seen them here in the fandom. Very few, and very quiet.

I don’t get what people’s obsession with randomly coming out of nowhere, and making their first and only posts on a furry forum out of all things about their political beliefs, and then fading into oblivion...
Strange, isn’t it?

F

Frugando

I don’t get what people’s obsession with randomly coming out of nowhere, and making their first and only posts on a furry forum out of all things about their political beliefs, and then fading into oblivion...
Strange, isn’t it?

Where did I state "my political beleifs" I'm literally just asking for your opinion and experience???

Where did I state "my political beleifs" I'm literally just asking for your opinion and experience???
It’s just, this isn’t the best place to ask these sort of things, a lot of folks here will just try and pick an arguement as soon as they see stuff like this, as for your question, no I have not seen or had any experiences with this group your talking about

F

Frugando

are you really using your first post to hawk incel ideology?

How am I "hawking" "incel ideology" Incels are a whole nother area.

Wasn;t expecting you all to be so hostile and accusory by asking a simple question.

F

Frugando

It’s just, this isn’t the best place to ask these sort of things, a lot of folks here will just try and pick an arguement as soon as they see stuff like this, as for your question, no I have not seen or had any experiences with this group your talking about

okay.

Dancy

chillin.
your op implies it.
you could be potentially keeping your personal beliefs to yourself because you know you'll get flak for being an incel, you claim to have had some form of contact with them, and you act like you're familiar with them.
maybe you're not an incel, but you can understand our suspicion.
Incels are a whole nother area.
academically, they're grouped by motivation and philosophy alongside the men's rights advocates and MGTOW, both of which you tagged. so they're not that dissimilar.
Wasn;t expecting you all to be so hostile and accusory by asking a simple question.
you asked for our thoughts about them in general.
i'm giving you mine.
i'm a woman.
i'm a feminist because i like to have rights.
how do you think i feel about them?

F

Frugando

your op implies it.
you could be potentially keeping your personal beliefs to yourself because you know you'll get flak for being an incel, you claim to have had some form of contact with them, and you act like you're familiar with them.
maybe you're not an incel, but you can understand our suspicion.

academically, they're grouped by motivation and philosophy alongside the men's rights advocates and MGTOW, both of which you tagged. so they're not that dissimilar.

you asked for our thoughts about them in general.
i'm giving you mine.
i'm a woman.
i'm a feminist because i like to have rights.
how do you think i feel about them?

No, it does not. You're just throwing around accusations when all I genuinly want to know if this is a thing in the fandom.

Or I'm (was) keeping my beliefs to myself because they aren't relevant to the questions I asked, but seems I can't do that can I? I don't even identify as male.

I have had contact with them and I am familiar with them, how is that in itself "suspicious"? I don't avoid everyone I disagree with or dislike, and be curious to who they are, I have, you know, converstaions and arguments, and you learn from that, and from my experience they act and are very different from most incels, expecially the ones on youtube :)

You could of answered my questions in the first place, but instead were motivated to throw accusations.

Okay? I just want to know because it is and could be a potential growing issue or concern. kind of sad you dissmiss it so easily because of your presumptions. I shoulnd't have to defend myself.

quoting_mungo

are you really using your first post to hawk incel ideology?
I would be very careful about conflating MGTOW and incels (or ROK, or WHtM, or MRAs, or any other group that gets lumped in there). While there is overlap between some of the groups, and people who consider themselves part of more than one of them, there are a lot of underlying differences that you have to willfully ignore in order to reach the conclusion that they (on a whole-group level) are ideologically aligned on more than a highly superficial level.

I mean, I assume you wouldn't be particularly happy if people accused you of hawking TERF/SWERF ideology for calling yourself feminist? And those are at least people who all use the same term ("feminist") to refer to themselves, while you won't find a ROK member call himself an MRA or vice versa (unless he's actually part of both groups, though that's pretty unlikely).

Last edited:

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
Strange, isn’t it?

I suspect there is a concerted effort at the moment to contaminate us furries with far right political ideas.
Many of us furries are young men who aren't completely sure of our place in society and are maybe a little bit naive, so these people view us as potential recruits to their weird causes. :\

Regarding the idea of 'MGTOW', the whole idea of women being so poisonous that men would be better off disengaging from any relationships with them at all is obviously pathetic. It's built around this horrible idea that, if men can't control women, that it's not worth interacting with them.
For anybody attracted to MGTOW, just take a moment to stop and consider that the mother who risked her life to bring you into this world, such is her love for you, is a woman.

ItsBrou

Pit Beau
This thread:

Gross men who don't work on themselves enough to be appealing to the other sex

VS

Gross metropolitan women who drive them crazy

FITE

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Dancy

chillin.
I would be very careful about conflating MGTOW and incels (or ROK, or WHtM, or MRAs, or any other group that gets lumped in there). While there is overlap between some of the groups, and people who consider themselves part of more than one of them, there are a lot of underlying differences that you have to willfully ignore in order to reach the conclusion that they (on a whole-group level) are ideologically aligned on more than a highly superficial level.

I mean, I assume you wouldn't be particularly happy if people accused you of hawking TERF/SWERF ideology for calling yourself feminist? And those are at least people who all use the same term ("feminist") to refer to themselves, while you won't find a ROK member call himself an MRA or vice versa (unless he's actually part of both groups, though that's pretty unlikely).
i'm sorry for the late reply here; i wasn't in the headspace to answer this last night.
mgtow, mra, whm, and rok (which i really thought was a blog) have some variances in their philosophies, but the unifying factor at the core of their ideologies is that women are the perceived cause of their lack of a relationship and social status. these groups shift responsibility for their own circumstance from themselves to women in order to justify what is, at best, soft sexism and, at worst, unambiguous misogyny. all of these aggressively sexist movements buy into concept of women being a restrictive and repressive force in their lives and actively slander women with false stereotypes. furthermore, like you said, it isn't unreasonable to suppose these groups share some overlap in membership and goals since they occupy some ideological common ground.

i'd add too that terfs and swerfs only represent a small segment of feminism. feminism isn't writ large a discriminatory movement trying to hinder the rights of a particular group or blaming that group for all their ills. feminism is overwhelming a positive, progressive movement dedicated to achieving equality for women.

TrishaCat

The Cat in the FAF
I always thought of MGTOW people as being people who dislike women and gave up trying to be with them. Correct me if I'm wrong OP or if there's more to it but it always seemed somewhat sexist ideologically to me.

I don't really like the ideology and people who say they're that make me very concerned. I've not run into any in this fandom but I imagine they're out there

quoting_mungo

the unifying factor at the core of their ideologies is that women are the perceived cause of their lack of a relationship and social status. these groups shift responsibility for their own circumstance from themselves to women in order to justify what is, at best, soft sexism and, at worst, unambiguous misogyny. all of these aggressively sexist movements buy into concept of women being a restrictive and repressive force in their lives and actively slander women with false stereotypes
You come off as having learned about MRA ideology from, well, people who don't like MRAs. While there are areas where they are pretty much obligated to say "feminists got this wrong" (because feminists were the direct cause of the current situation), their focus is gendered issues that negatively impact men for the reason that they are men. While I doubt any group working for any cause gets things 100% right 100% of the time, most of the issues I see brought up by MRA groups are entirely reasonable if you look at the policy/practices/statistics they're founded in.
If anything they're probably the closest to being the odd man out of the groups named.

For the other groups mentioned, well... ROK I certainly have no love for, though last I checked their brand of sexism was less "women are at fault" and more "traditional gender roles and alpha male behavior ftw"; they're pick-up artists longing for some imagined glory days where men had their pick of women and women didn't sleep around. MGTOW in my admittedly limited understanding (I have little own exposure, but have discussed the group with others who've read more of their discourse) run the gamut from "it's not worth the bother to chase after relationships" to "fuck women, they're all bitches", with the common thread of focusing on the self first. And that's why you'll see some, but very far from all, members of these groups being members of more than one. (MRM and ROK being a highly unlikely combination, as ROK has a pretty low opinion of MRAs, but people sometimes do deeply illogical things, so I'm not entirely discounting the possibility.)

i'd add too that terfs and swerfs only represent a small segment of feminism. feminism isn't writ large a discriminatory movement trying to hinder the rights of a particular group or blaming that group for all their ills. feminism is overwhelming a positive, progressive movement dedicated to achieving equality for women.
Even by the most generous interpretation possible, I don't think it's fair to paint feminism as exceedingly positive while painting men's rights in shades of black. This post is a couple years old by now, but contains a few sourced examples of feminists, feminism-informed policy, and women's activists being actively detrimental to men as a group, as well as my own observations of inappropriate behavior in the name of feminism. Given that some of the examples are national policy/law, I'm not sure how much larger you need the scale to be. I'm happy for you that your experiences with feminism have been so positive, but unfortunately that's not going to be the case for everyone.

That aside, the point is more that if you wouldn't like to be lumped in with TERFs/SWERFs or other blatantly gross portions of feminism, lumping together the male-dominated groups under discussion and assuming the worst of them is pretty shitty. It doesn't matter if the shitty feminists are a small segment in that context - it's still not ideology decent people would be very pleased to be accused of trying to spread.

F

Frugando

I always thought of MGTOW people as being people who dislike women and gave up trying to be with them. Correct me if I'm wrong OP or if there's more to it but it always seemed somewhat sexist ideologically to me.

I don't really like the ideology and people who say they're that make me very concerned. I've not run into any in this fandom but I imagine they're out there

I like to think there's 3 different 'sides' to 'MGTOW', so to say and from what I've encountered. We'll split it into two groups first: The ones who gather as a community, and the ones who are by themselves or rarely ever interact with other proclaimed MGTOW, they just follow the philosophy. The grouped ones seem to make up the majority, and yes, a lot of them are rather bitter.
And then, they split again. Some will claim MGTOW is a movement, and others will claim it's more about individuality and just passing along advice and information.

Overall, it's supposed to be about self ownership, not needing others or relationships to define you, 'going your own way'.

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
I think 'self ownership' is a much too positive spin on this.

If a community held a philosophy that sexual relationships are facile and that we can reach enlightenment through abstinence from the pleasures of the flesh, then fair enough.

But such a community would be open to women too.

Slytherin Umbreon

Black Lives Matter

churio

Oh my god this a thread? Are we serious here? I thought furries were often times introverted people who often had social problems trying to come out of their shells. I guess not. I guess it's a place to re-enforce that idea and keep ourselves locked out from the outside world. MGTOW and MRA ideology is fucking toxic. They can claim to care about all these issues but at the end of the day all they ever do is sit on reddit and get into circle jerks about how much they hate women. The difference between MGTOW and incels is that MGTOW are men who had abusive relationships with women (guess who the abuser is) and when the woman reject them they get into online circle jerks. Incels on the other hand are just out-right virgins with rage. There's your difference. Either way I thought online communities were meant to connect people. But it seems a number of individuals happen to disagree. I recommend said people get the hell out.

Rabbtit

princess
Oh my god this a thread? Are we serious here? I thought furries were often times introverted people who often had social problems trying to come out of their shells. I guess not. I guess it's a place to re-enforce that idea and keep ourselves locked out from the outside world. MGTOW and MRA ideology is fucking toxic. They can claim to care about all these issues but at the end of the day all they ever do is sit on reddit and get into circle jerks about how much they hate women. The difference between MGTOW and incels is that MGTOW are men who had abusive relationships with women (guess who the abuser is) and when the woman reject them they get into online circle jerks. Incels on the other hand are just out-right virgins with rage. There's your difference. Either way I thought online communities were meant to connect people. But it seems a number of individuals happen to disagree. I recommend said people get the hell out.

you're my hero

Ramjet

Seizing the memes of production
Yes we're out there, real mgtow's don't go out of there way to advertise or flaunt it though...
See it no differently as a women who chooses to stay independent and avoid relationships.

For the haters, lets play devils advocate...
If all mgtow's were a bunch of misogynist women hating dirtbags, wouldn't you like the fact that these toxic people go out of their way to stay away from women?‾\_(ツ)_/‾

Be like bitching to you plumber after he/she unclogged your sink...

Last edited:

churio

Yes we're out there, real mgtow's don't go out of there way to advertise or flaunt it though...
See it no differently as a women who chooses to stay independent and avoid relationships.

For the haters, lets play devils advocate...
If all mgtow's were a bunch of misogynist women hating dirtbags, wouldn't you like the fact that these toxic people go out of their way to stay away from women?‾\_(ツ)_/‾

Be like bitching to you plumber after he unclogged your sink...
That's not helping your case at all. That's like saying "if the KKK are racist then why do they not hang around any black people". The fact you're avoiding being in contact with the opposite sex suggests you have something very wrong with you. You are avoiding around 50% of the population for no good reason. There's being single and then there is being out-right anti-social.

Status
Not open for further replies.