• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Any Military furs??

You in the military?

• Yes, I'm in the Coast Guard.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Azure

100% organic vegan hubbas
Read the book, it's hard to define.

Basically, a highly trained commando group inserted into US mainland would wreak havoc, more disruption than the largest army.

For instance, SpetsNatz had automatic rocket launchers, easily conealable, that could be activated remotely on the outskirts of an airfield (regardless if military or civilian) and reacted to the sound of a plane taking off. And promptly could shoot them down easily. Such an action forces a lockdown of the location until the launcher is found. And even then, there is no telling how many launchers are there.

Now imagine tens of such groups. And milions of such tactics.

America isn't secure, and will never be, unless you become an oppressive fascist state with control chips implanted into people's skulls. Same goes for Europe.
And you think we haven't such tactics at our disposal as well? I was simply speaking of army against army, not some random rocket launcher attack. There is no such thing as true security, but if you could sneak command teams in, why waste time, just sneak in nuclear bombs and end the bloody thing, right? I truly don't think that a few little rockets are going to stop a military machine as large as ours. And then theres the whole thing of ya know, DRIVING UP TO A MILITARY BASE. Our air bases aren't exactly in the most, accessible places, just try looking them up on Google Earth, you'll see what I mean. Even our civilian airfields are pretty secure, note the lack of hijackings, and airport security breaches. It's pretty difficult to run around in America with a ROCKET LAUNCHER, this isn't GTA ya know.

Last edited:

Mikael Grizzly

Creepy Stalker
And you think we haven't such tactics at our disposal as well? I was simply speaking of army against army, not some random rocket launcher attack. There is no such thing as true security, but if you could sneak command teams in, why waste time, just sneak in nuclear bombs and end the bloody thing, right? I truly don't think that a few little rockets are going to stop a military machine as large as ours. And then theres the whole thing of ya know, DRIVING UP TO A MILITARY BASE. Our air bases aren't exactly in the most, accessible places, just try looking them up on Google Earth, you'll see what I mean. Even our civilian airfields are pretty secure, note the lack of hijackings, and airport security breaches. It's pretty difficult to run around in America with a ROCKET LAUNCHER, this isn't GTA ya know.

Ugh. Not *random*. A *series* of *coordinated* strikes.

And I'm talking highly trained commandos, not a bunch of rag-tag terrorists which is what you are considering.

Not to mention that the bigger the machine, the more faulty parts can be found inside.

Seriously, read the book.

wolfmagik

Media Slave
Alright, just voted and read all of this so far. I'm in the Air Force, this 5th of September will be my 2-year mark.

United States Air Force.

Good man.

I'm joining the Air Force this November, but the career choice is still up in the air a bit. Either something Intelligence related, EOD, or Air Traffic Controller. All good civilian careers when you get back to the world.

If you enjoy computers, be a 3C. I'm a 3C031. Plenty of opportunities once you go civilian. We're talking all kinds of certifications paid for. I've almost got my Cisco certification, I already have Network+, A+, and Security+.

If ever you get back and read this, do relate your experience, as I am bound for such a place in November or December. Tips would be nice!

Tips: Air Force Basic is almost 100% mind games. For example, your TI is really NOT a ridiculously huge asshole. Its only his job to put you under stress, and being an asshole is the easiest way to do that. Expect a lot of conflicting orders, time limits, and other high-pressure situations. Just keep your cool, and you'll do fine. Also, ask your recruiter what the current PT standards are for graduating BMT, and MAKE SURE YOU CAN DO THEM BEFORE YOU GO. TRUST me on this. While you're there, there will be lots of unhealthy crap in the chow hall, but you will be forbidden from eating most of it. Eat healthy while you're there. If its close to graduation time, and your TI or someone else says its perfectly fine to eat whatever you want, even the extra-good stuff that you've been forbidden from for the past weeks, DON'T EAT IT. Most of my flight in BMT fell for that, and right after everyone was finished stuffing themselves, we had a 'surprise PT session' that lasted until everyone that ate the stuff puked. If you find something you don't like, don't complain. It won't change anything. Remember, basic training is only for a few short weeks, just do what they say and you'll be fine. For the first week or two, one of the senior BMT flights will be doing Entry Controller duty for you. Sometimes these guys are nice. Sometimes they are assholes. If they are assholes, waking people up in the night for no good reason, let your TI know. ...that's all I can remember right now. Above all, KEEP YOUR COOL. Its all designed to see how you work under pressure.

HAHAHA, those are just awesome.

"I will not tell new recruits that claymore mines are filled with 'yummy candy'." XD

Azure

Ugh. Not *random*. A *series* of *coordinated* strikes.

And I'm talking highly trained commandos, not a bunch of rag-tag terrorists which is what you are considering.

Not to mention that the bigger the machine, the more faulty parts can be found inside.

Seriously, read the book.
I apologize, what I was trying to express was that Armchair Warfighters writing speculative books do not a sound tactic make.
If you enjoy computers, be a 3C. I'm a 3C031. Plenty of opportunities once you go civilian. We're talking all kinds of certifications paid for. I've almost got my Cisco certification, I already have Network+, A+, and Security+.

Tips: Air Force Basic is almost 100% mind games. For example, your TI is really NOT a ridiculously huge asshole. Its only his job to put you under stress, and being an asshole is the easiest way to do that. Expect a lot of conflicting orders, time limits, and other high-pressure situations. Just keep your cool, and you'll do fine. Also, ask your recruiter what the current PT standards are for graduating BMT, and MAKE SURE YOU CAN DO THEM BEFORE YOU GO. TRUST me on this. While you're there, there will be lots of unhealthy crap in the chow hall, but you will be forbidden from eating most of it. Eat healthy while you're there. If its close to graduation time, and your TI or someone else says its perfectly fine to eat whatever you want, even the extra-good stuff that you've been forbidden from for the past weeks, DON'T EAT IT. Most of my flight in BMT fell for that, and right after everyone was finished stuffing themselves, we had a 'surprise PT session' that lasted until everyone that ate the stuff puked. If you find something you don't like, don't complain. It won't change anything. Remember, basic training is only for a few short weeks, just do what they say and you'll be fine. For the first week or two, one of the senior BMT flights will be doing Entry Controller duty for you. Sometimes these guys are nice. Sometimes they are assholes. If they are assholes, waking people up in the night for no good reason, let your TI know. ...that's all I can remember right now. Above all, KEEP YOUR COOL. Its all designed to see how you work under pressure.
Thanks for the tips, I've heard as much from my buddy in the army. I'm VERY well aware of the physical aspects, which is what I've been working on for some time now. I'm not a very fast runner, due to my build, which at almost six foot, I'm probably less than half leg. My torso is ridiculous, but were almost there in the weight class. It's just too bad that the whole thing has to wait for almost six months to happen, I'm ready to go NOW. I get the nice bonus of my college education, which puts me in at E-3. Do you know what this may entail?

Tansunn

↓My current mood↓
@AzurePhoenix - I came into the military as E-3, too. In my case, all it did was make me feel guilty about being a higher rank than some of the lower-rank soldiers who actually had some kind of understanding about what was going on. With the way the army currently is, there really isn't much difference from E-1 to E-4 aside from how much you get paid. Can't say if it'd be any different in the air force, though...

From my experience, wolfmagik was pretty much spot-on with regards to basic training. I honestly don't know what else to add to what he said.

Azure

Here's a clue, Captain Clueless. And here's a second one.
Heres me still not caring :3. Also, the Spetsnatz sucked anyway. Show me the day that they can run around in broad daylight with sophisticated rocket launcher assemblies, infiltrate private land that is TODAY guarded rather heavily, and not get popped by the police, immigration, or some random shitty security guard. It sounds outdated, and it probably is. Also, the first guy, didn't even work with Russian intelligence, and was a tanker before, so says the article. Not very convincing.

@AzurePhoenix - I came into the military as E-3, too. In my case, all it did was make me feel guilty about being a higher rank than some of the lower-rank soldiers who actually had some kind of understanding about what was going on. With the way the army currently is, there really isn't much difference from E-1 to E-4 aside from how much you get paid. Can't say if it'd be any different in the air force, though...

From my experience, wolfmagik was pretty much spot-on with regards to basic training. I honestly don't know what else to add to what he said.

Cool, right on, although my family does have a rather deep military background, so I do have some idea of whats going on. I just simply wondered if they broke it off in your ass a little harder, is all.

Last edited:

wolfmagik

Media Slave
I don't care about you either.

...then why are you posting? I hate internet arguments, they're pointless and have the power to completely derail threads like NOTHING else.

Thanks for the tips, I've heard as much from my buddy in the army. I'm VERY well aware of the physical aspects, which is what I've been working on for some time now. I'm not a very fast runner, due to my build, which at almost six foot, I'm probably less than half leg. My torso is ridiculous, but were almost there in the weight class. It's just too bad that the whole thing has to wait for almost six months to happen, I'm ready to go NOW. I get the nice bonus of my college education, which puts me in at E-3. Do you know what this may entail?

Getting the rank bonus because of a college education means you will graduate basic as an E-3. I signed up for 6 years, so they gave me E-3 about a month after I graduated. As far as I can tell, there is no difference between E-1 through E-3. [Airman Basic, Airman, and Airman First Class] when you hit E-4 [Senior Airman] you're expected to know your shit and be semi-proficient. E-1 through E-3 you're expected to know what you're doing somewhat, but your primary job is to learn. E-5 is the first Non-Commissioned Officer [NCO] rank, Staff Sergeant. You need to test to get Staff Sergeant and all the enlisted ranks on up. After Staff Sergeant is Tech Sergeant, Master Sergeant, Senior Master Sergeant, and Chief Master Sergeant. I don't know anything about promotions and stuff in the officer ranks, all i know is that they're O-1 through O-10: Second Lieutenant, First Lieutenant, Captain, Major, Lieutenant Colonel, Colonel, Brigadier General, Major General, Lieutenant General, and General (4-star). So yeah, that's the AF Rank structure. the Officer ranks are the same for the Army, Air Force, and Marines. Navy's the weird bunch. :D [j/k]

NightStripes

Im currently in the usmc staitioned out in Camp Schwab, Okinawa (Okitraz) Japan with 3rd Combat Assault Battalion 3rd Mar Div.

Status
Not open for further replies.