I mean I don't have any, but I'm sure someone's trying to improve themselves. Inspire me
Honestly never were one much for new year resolutions but I'm actually going to put some down this time around since this year has been the way it has.
It's a bit of the case of sitting down and thinking what would change how you feel or what gives you worries, and striking down these three would probably do the most for me now.
- Move out from current flat and find a more reasonable living space
- Find a new stable job(And preferably one I can enjoy)
- Try my best to grow my YT channel and reach 10K before next new years
Just one, but all of yas might think it's corny. I want to be nicer... especially to those who aren't nice to me. I want to find room in my heart for the kindness, empathy, and compassion that 2020 was lacking. I never know what horrors or woes that mean person is living. I just want to smile and give them a hug. And NOT a forced one--a real one with like, a full-arms wrapped loving embrace and stuff. We all need and deserve more of that and I think we miss our cons for this.
I told you that would sound corny.
Funny how we are all different, I'm 5'7" 160 lbs, but I'd rather be a couple of inches shorter. Hope you develop your basketball skills, always good to have a goal in something active. I'm planning on developing my skating skills. Want to take at least one even win in the national championship on the race bike this year too.i want to get better at basketball and maybe grow 3 feet taller
Sounds like an interesting man.My grandfather was an engineer, could build anything out of anything. He even earned the nickname "Mr Fix It" in this town and was even in the paper for it after he died. I think he picked it up when he was a pilot in the air force during the war.
So how are people sticking to their resolutions?
- Diet and Exercise
- Goal: Lose at least 40 pounds
- Goal: Exercise three times a week, at least 30 minutes each time, independent of VR stuff
- Financial Stability
- Goal: Finish off all of my remaining student loans (yes, I actually have a legitimate shot at it this year)
- Goal: Make progress on an investment account for retirement (this is secondary to the above)
- Reclaim some of the life I had before I hit rock bottom
- Goal: Upgrade my VR setup to the point where I feel comfortable using it for more than a couple hours at a time
- Goal: Resume recording videos (I've been on a hiatus that now stretches 3 years), hire for some art commissions, and resume writing
- Goal: Find more ways to socialize online
- Goal: Enter or run another tabletop RPG campaign
They're really more goals, but I'll put them in block quote from the other thread for context:
Exercise-specific one has been something of a bust for the moment.
Socializing online.... I'm on another autism-specific forum if that counts?
That's about all that's changed thus far.