• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Any new years resolutions?

Davedd

aved
I mean I don't have any, but I'm sure someone's trying to improve themselves. Inspire me :)

The "Shy" Dragon

nervous dragon or smth
I... I have kind of none... currently. But if I did have one it would be to work on something that isn't in an independent way.

Honestly never were one much for new year resolutions but I'm actually going to put some down this time around since this year has been the way it has.
  • Move out from current flat and find a more reasonable living space
  • Find a new stable job(And preferably one I can enjoy)
  • Try my best to grow my YT channel and reach 10K before next new years
It's a bit of the case of sitting down and thinking what would change how you feel or what gives you worries, and striking down these three would probably do the most for me now.

Rassah

My last year's resolution was to stop wasting time arguing politics online (yeah, during an election year, lol! and then with all the pandemic and other stuff ‍♂️). I lasted until maybe the end of June.
I think I'm going to do that resolution again. Too much wasted time and too much streets. Also really need to finish my instrument flight certificate. Started on that over a year ago, but was forced to stop because flight schools didn't want to have instructors and students sit in cramped plane with the pandemic.

TemetNosce88

Technology won't save you
I don't really do resolutions per se, but I'd like to continue working on my drawing skills, as well as develop a method for dealing with stress that's actually effective for once.

Yakamaru

Darn tootin'
To cite myself from a different thread:

"I don't really do New Year's resolutions, but I have definitive plans for 2021.

- Get a driver's license now that the theoretical part is done and over with
- Get a car once I have my license. And yes, I will be getting a Pontiac GTA 1987 at some point
- Save up even more money for a house in a couple of years' time
- Finally go down to 80-85kg which is my end goal in terms of weight. Sitting at 98kg currently because Christmas and all the food ^^''
- May be grabbing a certificate/diploma/ in Logistics, which are highly sought after and will make my job prospects extremely easy
- Get a license for the T2 forklift. Already have more than enough hours in it, just need a certificate school to finalize it
- Get even more friends?"

Alys_0_0

Tea thief <3 She/Her <3 POTATO QUEEN
Gain abs and keep abs UwU

FlooferWoofer

Depressed. Going back into lurk mode.
Just one, but all of yas might think it's corny. I want to be nicer... especially to those who aren't nice to me. I want to find room in my heart for the kindness, empathy, and compassion that 2020 was lacking. I never know what horrors or woes that mean person is living. I just want to smile and give them a hug. And NOT a forced one--a real one with like, a full-arms wrapped loving embrace and stuff. We all need and deserve more of that and I think we miss our cons for this.

I told you that would sound corny.

Simo

Professional Watermelon Farmer
Just one, but all of yas might think it's corny. I want to be nicer... especially to those who aren't nice to me. I want to find room in my heart for the kindness, empathy, and compassion that 2020 was lacking. I never know what horrors or woes that mean person is living. I just want to smile and give them a hug. And NOT a forced one--a real one with like, a full-arms wrapped loving embrace and stuff. We all need and deserve more of that and I think we miss our cons for this.

I told you that would sound corny.

That's a great resolution, and perfect for these times. I wish you much success!

Past New Years Resolutions I've had:

-to get and use a rotary phone. Well, I did, as a land-line. Only it was really sticky and people complained when we'd talk, so I got rid of it. But it sure looked nice and retro in the back-office-room.
-to develop a greater sense of charm. I figured a person might be smart, good looking, or have many other traits that can help one in life. But without charm, they could all easily fall flat. This started as a sort of joke, when I lived in Baltimore, also known as 'charm city'. But I think it worked, all in all...and also...helped me outta a lot of jams and close calls.

This year:

Work each day on various projects:
-writing, both furry and other fiction
-do something each day on my mask-making project, with the aim of having a usable, cute, kinky rubber skunk mask by the end of the year.

NitroFastFur

i want to get better at basketball and maybe grow 3 feet taller
Funny how we are all different, I'm 5'7" 160 lbs, but I'd rather be a couple of inches shorter. Hope you develop your basketball skills, always good to have a goal in something active. I'm planning on developing my skating skills. Want to take at least one even win in the national championship on the race bike this year too.

D

Deleted member 82554

Try and find a line of work where I can upskill or an apprenticeship and distance myself from all of the things that make me unhappy.

That's pretty much about it....

D

Deleted member 82554

My grandfather was an engineer, could build anything out of anything. He even earned the nickname "Mr Fix It" in this town and was even in the paper for it after he died. I think he picked it up when he was a pilot in the air force during the war.

NitroFastFur

My grandfather was an engineer, could build anything out of anything. He even earned the nickname "Mr Fix It" in this town and was even in the paper for it after he died. I think he picked it up when he was a pilot in the air force during the war.
Sounds like an interesting man.

Firuthi Dragovic

Gamer Dragon, former speedrunner
So how are people sticking to their resolutions?

They're really more goals, but I'll put them in block quote from the other thread for context:
  1. Diet and Exercise
    • Goal: Lose at least 40 pounds
    • Goal: Exercise three times a week, at least 30 minutes each time, independent of VR stuff
  2. Financial Stability
    • Goal: Finish off all of my remaining student loans (yes, I actually have a legitimate shot at it this year)
    • Goal: Make progress on an investment account for retirement (this is secondary to the above)
  3. Reclaim some of the life I had before I hit rock bottom
    • Goal: Upgrade my VR setup to the point where I feel comfortable using it for more than a couple hours at a time
    • Goal: Resume recording videos (I've been on a hiatus that now stretches 3 years), hire for some art commissions, and resume writing
    • Goal: Find more ways to socialize online
    • Goal: Enter or run another tabletop RPG campaign

Exercise-specific one has been something of a bust for the moment.

Socializing online.... I'm on another autism-specific forum if that counts?

That's about all that's changed thus far.

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
They're really more goals, but I'll put them in block quote from the other thread for context:

Exercise-specific one has been something of a bust for the moment.

Socializing online.... I'm on another autism-specific forum if that counts?

That's about all that's changed thus far.

With exercise, I found it useful to do it in chunks. If I want to do 100 press-ups, sit-ups and squats, then I do
25 of each, rest for a minute, and do another 25 of each, until I'm done.

And then you finish and realise you've been exercising for 15 or 20 minutes. Go for a walk or a jog after that and you've already met your target.