• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Any Other Nonbinary Furs Around Here?

Ovidia Dragoness

Udder Derg
Banned
Be careful coming out as that. People may get their panties in a twist because REEE TWO GENDERS. I don't have a problem with it though. You do you. I myself am perfectly male.

Ziggy Schlacht

Hasn't figured out this "straight" business
Can I rant for a bit? Because @Ovi the Dragon , that attitude can be very dangerous. If you expect a fight, you'll get one. No matter what. Instead of being paranoid about a fight, instead of screaming "fight me!" like a challenge, just make it normal. "Any ninby furs out here" and that's it. Like the OP. I see this too frequently in LGBT circles - lots of people ranting about all the friction, without realizing that every post they make starts with "piss off if you don't like it." That's... not a healthy attitude, that doesn't make people want to like you. That already starts out with a conflict. Someone who's on the edge is going to defensive and then you get a fight.

To put it another way, there are enough people out there who legit don't get it/don't like it. No need to create more. Don't start your post off with alienating who may not quite get it.

FluffyShutterbug

The Fox Is Back In Town!
Can I rant for a bit? Because @Ovi the Dragon , that attitude can be very dangerous. If you expect a fight, you'll get one. No matter what. Instead of being paranoid about a fight, instead of screaming "fight me!" like a challenge, just make it normal. "Any ninby furs out here" and that's it. Like the OP. I see this too frequently in LGBT circles - lots of people ranting about all the friction, without realizing that every post they make starts with "piss off if you don't like it." That's... not a healthy attitude, that doesn't make people want to like you. That already starts out with a conflict. Someone who's on the edge is going to defensive and then you get a fight.

To put it another way, there are enough people out there who legit don't get it/don't like it. No need to create more. Don't start your post off with alienating who may not quite get it.
What? I just wanted to know if there were some other NB furs out there....

Ovidia Dragoness

Udder Derg
Banned

No there are people out there that will freak out about it. It's not like what I said came out of nowhere. And I didn't scream fight me. I said be careful.

Borophagus Metropolis

A modern stonerage floofy woof
I don't care. They can attack me all they want. I'm not going to let their gender dogma scare me.

*sneaks in*
*Attacks!*
*with extra DOGma*

Butt seriously, I am glad that you can be open about being NB. It has to be a difficult conclusion to come to at first. I am not currently NB, but maybe that's only because it's too hard to think about for me. It is a somewhat new thing. I have always had feelings and tendencies that conflicted with being a male, but I learned to bury them in order to fit in. It feels awful sometimes.

Simo

Professional Watermelon Farmer
I'm non-binary in the sense that I don't like binary code, and computers a whole lot, but I don't think that's the point, somehow : P

But I am happy that the fandom is as welcoming to non-binary folks as it is; refreshing to see.

As an aside: At the library where I worked for some 10 years, supervising the student staff, it certainly grew more and more common to see non-binary people working at the libraries; every semester, out of perhaps 50 student workers, there would be at least a few who identified as generfluid/non-binary, and it never caused a stir, which was also nice to see. I enjoyed that aspect of the Baltimore/DC area: among the most open places towards the LBGT community, upto and including the T, and even beyond that.

Last edited:

Borophagus Metropolis

A modern stonerage floofy woof
Well, this thread made me depressed. I just wanted to find others like me, and it somehow turned into a dumpster fire.

Don't get depressed. It's great that you can be who you are. I hope some other NB furs join in.

opener-1563996884.png

N

Nyro46

Kind of, but I don't know that I even call myself non-binary, either . . . I don't know what to call myself, so I kinda just don't give myself any labels.
I just prefer to be referred to by he or they pronouns over anything else.

quoting_mungo

I've been iffy about embracing "female" since, like, my early teens - getting mistaken for a guy a few times was pretty cool and I'd half-jokingly say my gender was "tomboy" - but it was only like the last few years that it really clicked for me and I embraced an identity as genderqueer. For me gender is... kind of a spiritual thing; I have no issue with people seeing my body as female. It just doesn't match my sense of self on a non-tangible level.

(This sounds incredibly woo, but it's just one of those things that're hard to put words to. When I (rarely) feel dysphoric, it's basically dissonance between the concept/social perception of myself-as-female and my sense of self, rather than dissonance between my physical body and my sense of self.)

Ovidia Dragoness

Udder Derg
Banned
This image makes me feel depressed, happy and adoration ALL AT THE SAME TIME? WHY?!?!?! /joke /snark

Edit: Besides that @Ovi the Dragon I understand how you feel but it is unnecessary to be defensive all the time. (Heck even I can be guilty of that sometimes.)
I wasn't even defensive. I said something and someone got offended and made a post about it. I simply stated my thought that someone should be careful saying that openly and then someone started a rant about me. If anything you guys should stop the witch hunt against me and go after them.

FluffyShutterbug

The Fox Is Back In Town!
I wasn't even defensive. I said something and someone got offended and made a post about it. I simply stated my thought that someone should be careful saying that openly and then someone started a rant about me. If anything you guys should stop the witch hunt against me and go after them.
I don't know why you think that I should be expected to hide the fact that I'm NB. I don't think I should hide things because there are intolerant a*sholes out there.

FluffyShutterbug

The Fox Is Back In Town!
Forgive me but I'd say telling people "Now yall be nice to them" might have come off as a little condescending to you because you would think you couldn't hold your own.
I can hold my own. I was just saying that I took umbrage with you seemingly implying that I was in the wrong for openly being NB.

Last edited:

KD142000

Leather-clad Lobo
I'm not non-binary, but I do fully support those who are. Same goes for all the various labels under the LGBTQ+ flag.

Doesn't really matter who you are, so long as you're a nice person, as far as I'm concerned.
I only know one fur who is non-binary, but I'm sure there are many more I don't know personally.

I can hold my old. I was just saying that I took umbrage with you seemingly implying that I was in the wrong for openly being NB.
He was implying that some people out there are right royal dickheads who will take offence to things like gender labels and whatnot. So, in other words, he's just letting you know there's people out there who are tosspots.
It is a pity that not everyone is accepting. Really doesn't take much to do that.

You can hold your own and I encourage everyone to be open to who they are.

Bluefiremark II

Magic Blue Phoenix
Banned
Hey, if you want to identify as nothing go ahead. It's kinda weird to me in more ways than one, but whether you do something i agree with, like, dislike, disagree with, or anything, I'll still lika ya as a person and treat you the same. Doesn't matter what you are or who you are. So long as everyone's nice about it then you can do you! ^-^

Night.Claw

I know a few. Well not exactly here, on this forum, i only know 1 person.
In Discord or Telegram, that's different question. They are rare for sure, but you have better luck finding them there.

In my experience, people doesn't run around, talking about their genders (sexuality on other hand is filling every corner), and most of the servers doesn't allow that option to chose as a role either, so you can't just go around and "hunt" them (mostly understandable why). So it's not easy to spot persons like that.

On second word, if your thread won't turn into a complete warzone, you might going to have some luck with your search.