• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Any Texas furs around

marshmellow9987

Just some loser
I wouldn't say I'm new but I am not denying that I'm a furry anymore. Any folks around Texas, I don't know any irl furs and It'd be fun to meet some.

AdenineWolf

Totally being sane and metaphysical rn
Saying Hello from San Antonio "Military City, USA"! :D
I don't know any local furs around this city but there is a fair number of furs here.
Especially since we have a con and a monthly fur meet here too. Hopefully i plan to go maybe late this year, or next year?? Not too sure atm.

marshmellow9987

Just some loser
Saying Hello from San Antonio "Military City, USA"! :D
I don't know any local furs around this city but there is a fair number of furs here.
Especially since we have a con and a monthly fur meet here too. Hopefully i plan to go maybe late this year, or next year?? Not too sure atm.
San Antonio? I'm from New Braunfels, not that far. we'll have to hang sometime. :)

AdenineWolf

Totally being sane and metaphysical rn
San Antonio? I'm from New Braunfels, not that far. we'll have to hang sometime. :)
Ohh New Braunfels?? Oh wow lol
I'm from the northeast side of town
Sure! Just PM me if you care to hang out more, i'll be happy to talk :3

BrunoMax895

Hey there. I'm actually about 30 or so away from Houston. I was hoping that I chat with someone from Texas, so you can PM me if you're interested.

otakunanon

Quarantine beard be like
How can Texas be so big but has so little people from it lol Im from the south of Texas myself. Any other Texas furs around?

Kuroserama

AWW! I was born and raised in Texas! Houston, specifically. Then moved to Kingwood, then Conroe. Went to college halfway between Houston and Dallas. When I graduated, moved up to Dallas for a couple of years~ Kept migrating north.

Then I moved to North Carolina. *waves to could-have-been friends (IRL)*
No one out here knows what a kolache is!

otakunanon

Quarantine beard be like

That sucks. Should show them and start a food biz lol could make good money cause those are delicious. This one food place served the BEST kolaches, soft bread tasty cheese and nice juicy sausage. Man i would eat like 3 of them every morning before work. Sadly the store closed cause it was in slow area.

Kuroserama

Oh, that's a shame! I hate when places like that close.. so sad!

Yes! I have actually toyed with the idea of opening a Kolache shop. But them hours... I knew a few owners of various shops and they would have to start like at 3:30am! When I hit the lotto, I'll hire some people and open a shop. My mother still lives in Texas and one time she mailed me some frozen tamales. I'm tempted to have her try to send some kolaches when we survive all this.

otakunanon

Quarantine beard be like
Oh, that's a shame! I hate when places like that close.. so sad!
I'm tempted to have her try to send some kolaches when we survive all this.

Tell me about it I was disappointed for a while lol and have not had good breakfast since. And sounds like a plan! Also yeah hear ya on the lotto thing haha tho id just buy all I need to live underground 5ever lol

Mike_Wolf

AWW! I was born and raised in Texas! Houston, specifically. Then moved to Kingwood, then Conroe. Went to college halfway between Houston and Dallas. When I graduated, moved up to Dallas for a couple of years~ Kept migrating north.

That sucks. Should show them and start a food biz lol could make good money cause those are delicious. This one food place served the BEST kolaches, soft bread tasty cheese and nice juicy sausage. Man i would eat like 3 of them every morning before work. Sadly the store closed cause it was in slow area.

Did you ever go to Little Czech stop in West, Tx?
Dude, holy crap! Iv literally rolled my ass out of bed on a Saturday, got in the truck and drove nearly 2 hours From Dallas one way for spicey jalapeño kalaches from Little Czech Stop.

Kuroserama

Did you ever go to Little Czech stop in West, Tx?
Dude, holy crap! Iv literally rolled my ass out of bed on a Saturday, got in the truck and drove nearly 2 hours From Dallas one way for spicey jalapeño kalaches from Little Czech Stop.

Ugh... Why did you do this to me?? No, I have never been but they look SO perfect and tasty. I did note that they have shipping but my! it's pricey. And I love this: "We do not ship in the summer months which usually starts around March and ends in October. "
Ah, Texas... and your 8 month summers.

My mother still lives outside Houston so when the plague is over, I might take a detour when I visit and stock up on some yummies. Kid you not, I'll bring coolers.

Mike_Wolf

Ugh... Why did you do this to me?? No, I have never been but they look SO perfect and tasty. I did note that they have shipping but my! it's pricey. And I love this: "We do not ship in the summer months which usually starts around March and ends in October. "
Ah, Texas... and your 8 month summers.

My mother still lives outside Houston so when the plague is over, I might take a detour when I visit and stock up on some yummies. Kid you not, I'll bring coolers.

I know, I'm sorry its killing me too. Might take a road trip this weekend. Its seriously so worth it.
Yeah, Texas be like that. Generally middle of September thru May the temps are decent enough, winter get kinda cold but eh. But May thru September its hot as hell.

Kuroserama

I know, I'm sorry its killing me too. Might take a road trip this weekend. Its seriously so worth it.
Yeah, Texas be like that. Generally middle of September thru May the temps are decent enough, winter get kinda cold but eh. But May thru September its hot as hell.
I remember. When I moved from Dallas to North Carolina, everyone was complaining at how hot it was at 82 degrees in the summer. It felt so good to me, like fall or something. Now, 6 years later, I've acclimated and now 80 degrees feels hot, heaven forbid it reaches 90. Now I'm certain if I go back to Texas during the summer, I will spontaneously burst into flames.

Texas is such a special place though. Miss so much of the food; it's so different out here! Almost all the BBQ is pork.. Miss my yummy moo-moo brisket. And Whataburger..

Congratulations sir, you have made me insanely hungry, once again.

Mike_Wolf

I remember. When I moved from Dallas to North Carolina, everyone was complaining at how hot it was at 82 degrees in the summer. It felt so good to me, like fall or something. Now, 6 years later, I've acclimated and now 80 degrees feels hot, heaven forbid it reaches 90. Now I'm certain if I go back to Texas during the summer, I will spontaneously burst into flames.

Texas is such a special place though. Miss so much of the food; it's so different out here! Almost all the BBQ is pork.. Miss my yummy moo-moo brisket. And Whataburger..

Congratulations sir, you have made me insanely hungry, once again.

Iv traveled all over the country (mostly for work) and by the time I'm about half through my trip I'm like ok screw this place I wanna go back home to Texas. I seriously don't think I could ever live anywhere else.
Funny story about food.
I went to Charlotte, NC for a work trip about 4 years ago and one of the guys i was working with tells me I need to go to this Mexican food joint because they have the best Mexican food on the planet. I say ok and go after work...I took one bite, looked at the waiter and said this isn't mexican food...you should be ashamed of yourself. Lol

Lol sorry again.

Kuroserama

I took one bite, looked at the waiter and said this isn't mexican food...you should be ashamed of yourself. Lol

Ah, that's both beautiful and horrible! I can SO relate. There is one place near where I live that is passable but nothing like home~ *sniffle*
You know what they have up here? Boiled peanuts. Have you had a boiled peanut? I tried one and I still don't know how to feel about it. It's very strange.

Mike_Wolf

Ah, that's both beautiful and horrible! I can SO relate. There is one place near where I live that is passable but nothing like home~ *sniffle*
You know what they have up here? Boiled peanuts. Have you had a boiled peanut? I tried one and I still don't know how to feel about it. It's very strange.

Lmao. It was so horrible. It tasted like a frozen burrito that they left in the microwave to long and covered it in Old Elpaso queso..
Oh my goodness those are shall we say an acquired taste.