• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Anybody draws on the iPad?

coldbrew

Nitro coldbrew whenever!
I use ProCreate and recently started using an Adonit Jot Pro pen. ProCreate's probably the best app for drawing/painting ever, and I use it all the time.

Been using the iPad as my main workstation ever since the laptop died; plus, it's really sweet and works like a mini budget Cintiq XD

Just wonderin' if anybody else works on the 'pad too, and if you do, what do you use it for? Sketches, fully rendered art or experiments?

Athos Greenwoof

I'm not much of an Apple user (pears ftw :eek:) but I have tried both iPads and Android tablets, and both are surprisingly effective. I'm more of a surrealist artist and I've never gotten into drawing cartoon characters, but still I guess drawing a full rendered character mustn't be so difficult. I still prefer pencil and paper :oops:, but sometimes if I'm bored I'll grab my phone and do some sketches to come up with ideas, as it doesn't lead to art materials being used up quickly :D

N

nevlaar_collie

I use ProCreate and recently started using an Adonit Jot Pro pen. ProCreate's probably the best app for drawing/painting ever, and I use it all the time.

Been using the iPad as my main workstation ever since the laptop died; plus, it's really sweet and works like a mini budget Cintiq XD

Just wonderin' if anybody else works on the 'pad too, and if you do, what do you use it for? Sketches, fully rendered art or experiments?
Does it cost money?

Rydenan

Not an iPad, per se, but I draw everything on a Surface Pro (2). It has a Wacom digitizer, so it really is like a mini cintiq with a laptop built in. Drawing on a screen is so nice that I doubt I'll ever go back to a standard pen tablet again.
GZAs4OD.jpg

quoting_mungo

I used to draw a lot using SketchBook/InkBook on the iPad (this was drawn in SketchBook Pro iPad, and this in InkBook). It lead to me discovering SketchBook Pro for the PC, which is what I use for a significant part of my art process now. Sadly my iPad has kicked the bucket (seems to be a firmware error far as I can tell) and is out of warranty, so no on-the-go digital sketching for me, anymore.

SlushieCafe

I use procreate for all of my digital art (apart from animations) because I'm so used to carrying my art around and it's simplicity.
I've got a years worth of art on my so furry gallery: SoFurry - Art User
if you'd like to check it out ^^

ScentedBones

The World Over Heaven
I draw using an app called Photoshop Touch (aka) waste of money.

Why, you ask? Because the app got removed from the AppStore from a while ago, of course this means that there won't be any future updates THAT IT DESPERATELY NEEDED. It occasionally crashes, lags a lot if I make the canvas over 3k X 3k (which is how big I normally need to make it otherwise you'll be able to see the pixels on my art)
Why do I continue using it? Because it has a mouse feature that allows me to use my fingers to draw but still let's me keep the lines steady and since I don't know where to even start looking for a cheap graphics pen my fingers are all I've got.

The fact that I can still draw a decent looking hand on this awful app never ceases to amaze me.