• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Anybody up for a "global" community project? (A long-time dream of mine...)

While the animals on Nakti are the same of planet Earth, due to its geography things might have gone differently, although they reached the same result. But this depends by the environment of course, so there are a lot of ideas for the fauna. I don't know if there've been dinosaurs on Nakti though. But I guess that if they did, the reptilian races of Nakti, such as the Tokaya and the Anu'Dar, are surely their descendants.

Charrio

Artistic Mouse
While the animals on Nakti are the same of planet Earth, due to its geography things might have gone differently, although they reached the same result. But this depends by the environment of course, so there are a lot of ideas for the fauna. I don't know if there've been dinosaurs on Nakti though. But I guess that if they did, the reptilian races of Nakti, such as the Tokaya and the Anu'Dar, are surely their descendants.

I'd think so since Dinosaurs are the ancestors to lizards, so it makes sense.
Not sure what killed them off tho, a same planetary impact? Otherwise I think
is too hard to say they went away magically into the seas.

When we writers do stuff like that it's lazy work in my opinion, even if it does
take the thinking off track its worth at least pondering. It helps make the history
seem more legit with plausibility if you have some pseudo science with it.

Just like how, Jurassic Park seems way better knowing the basic idea of cloning is in it, otherwise look magic dinosaurs for no reason

Last edited:

Shadow Jaeger

set phasers to thrust
I'd think so since Dinosaurs are the ancestors to lizards, so it makes sense.
Not sure what killed them off tho, a same planetary impact? Otherwise I think
is too hard to say they went away magically into the seas.

When we writers do stuff like that it's lazy work in my opinion, even if it does
take the thinking off track its worth at least pondering. It helps make the history
seem more legit with plausibility if you have some pseudo science with it.

Just like how, Jurassic Park seems way better knowing the basic idea of cloning is in it, otherwise look magic dinosaurs for no reason

Prehaps they didn't go but just evolved into the anthro species they are today

Also it would help if we had a list of species available to work with in our civilizations.
If its not too much to ask, i have an idea to have a fennec fox like jungle species.

Mr. Sparta

Scale Face
Last edited:
Prehaps they didn't go but just evolved into the anthro species they are today

Also it would help if we had a list of species available to work with in our civilizations.
If its not too much to ask, i have an idea to have a fennec fox like jungle species.

Yep, that's what I thought indeed. Unlike Earth, dinosaurs didn't go extinct, but while some of them met that fate, the others evolved and became the Tokaya, the Bel'Tan the Anu'Dar and their derivatives. I like the fennec race idea. Maybe they are distant relatives of the Emer, who are a mix between felines and fennecs.

That looks definitely awesome Mr.Sparta! Do you have a Skype account? If so please, can you share it with the other members of the team? Otherwise you can just give it to me and I'll give you the list of the other team members when I'll get back at home. I'm at work right now so my internet connection is quite limited here.

Last edited:

Shadow Jaeger

set phasers to thrust
I'm starting to create a map for kitia, I'm also developing stuff like ‘‘what a typical forest emli tribe (name of the fennec foxes) would look like''.
I'm sort of basing this civilization around the north and southern native Americans.
I will have lore ready some point soon, i just have the basic information about the country so far.

I'm really enjoying creating a country ^_^

hey look a train!

mercenary, hunter killer
im in, my writing skills are ok, but i mean well considering i cant see the link now... ill get back to you, or a kind soul pm's me a summary of whats going on plzzzzz

I'm starting to create a map for kitia, I'm also developing stuff like ‘‘what a typical forest emli tribe (name of the fennec foxes) would look like''.
I'm sort of basing this civilization around the north and southern native Americans.
I will have lore ready some point soon, i just have the basic information about the country so far.

I'm really enjoying creating a country ^_^

Awesome! I added you in the main Skype group. :3

I've started working on Jel. I have a bunch of ideas that I need to get on paper so I don't forget them.

Wonderful! I added you right now as you've seen.

im in, my writing skills are ok, but i mean well considering i cant see the link now... ill get back to you, or a kind soul pm's me a summary of whats going on plzzzzz

I'm going to add you right now! EDIT: Added you. Waiting for your confirmation. :)

Last edited:

Mr. Sparta

Scale Face
You know what would be cool? A tabletop RPG of this. We could use the D&D mechanics, modified to fit the lore (no magic, different races, older weaponry).

It's a longshot, but just something to toss into the heap.

X_Joshi_X

Just another Metalhead
You know what would be cool? A tabletop RPG of this. We could use the D&D mechanics, modified to fit the lore (no magic, different races, older weaponry).

Thats all stuff we can do, when the planet is further developed ;)
I'm in. *grins*

Yaaaay

Shadow Jaeger

set phasers to thrust
I think we need to address a problem here, there are a ton of people and a ton of countries but its going to be hard to figure out who's doing what and what still needs doing. I think a check list would work.

Charrio

Artistic Mouse
I think we need to address a problem here, there are a ton of people and a ton of countries but its going to be hard to figure out who's doing what and what still needs doing. I think a check list would work.

Yeah that is getting confusing.
There is a skype group that you can ask questions about it.
We really need an assignment sheet so we know who's where and doing what.

Also I think people should be able to contribute to other areas, as we need an entire eco system of animals and such.
Considering the diversity of earth that is millions of species to make.

Shadow Jaeger

set phasers to thrust
Yeah that is getting confusing.
There is a skype group that you can ask questions about it.
We really need an assignment sheet so we know who's where and doing what.

Also I think people should be able to contribute to other areas, as we need an entire eco system of animals and such.
Considering the diversity of earth that is millions of species to make.

From what i understand, i think a few people are already creating a few animals.
I think Mr. Sparta has created a few already.

Charrio

Artistic Mouse
From what i understand, i think a few people are already creating a few animals.
I think Mr. Sparta has created a few already.

Yup Yup, and that is just a start, we need insects, reptile, fish,bird, mammalian types then not to mention
the bazillion numbers of plant and fungus species. Diseases also need to be made, not all lethal but various
types of all variety

I made a partial assignment list with each Naktian and its project. Most of Naktians are open to collaborations with other artists in order to expand their projects, unless they say otherwise. If anybody's missing from the list, please let me know so I'll add you.

I'm in. *grins*

Perfect! I sent you a PM right now. :)

It's an awesome idea. I support it! Nakti is also a very good scenario for an MMORPG. The tabletop RPG is a good way to start.

Yup Yup, and that is just a start, we need insects, reptile, fish,bird, mammalian types then not to mention
the bazillion numbers of plant and fungus species. Diseases also need to be made, not all lethal but various
types of all variety

I agree. Most of the Earthling diseases exist on Nakti too, although they are known with different names. But there might be something more exotic too.

Last edited:

Shadow Jaeger

set phasers to thrust
If you think the RPG idea is good, maybe in the future I might be able to lead a few people to create a naktian game.

Posting from my computer at work, during a break. A videogame based on Nakti would be the ultimate coronation of our project, probably the highest aspiration that we could achieve. And I really look forward to that. After the planet and its civilizations have been developed if someone who knows how to program and make videogames wants to do a Naktian videogame, it would be a great thing.

An entire franchise developed by the community. Totally awesome! :)