• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Anyone else bothered by furry art growing as an outlet to push personal agendas?

Troj

Your Friendly Neighborhood Dino Therapist
^^^That's why I felt a little guilty about momentarily confusing TwoKinds with Better Days.

Exploring racism in a clunky and kinda-racist way is still better than...that.

Yakamaru

Bara mig och lite bensin
^^^That's why I felt a little guilty about momentarily confusing TwoKinds with Better Days.

Exploring racism in a clunky and kinda-racist way is still better than...that.
You could make it extremely simple and say "don't judge a person based on what they are" and you'd get the message across a lot better. Instead of making a years-long comic with at times sporadic updates. :p

M

Massan Otter

There would appear to be a few of those (furry incest comics) including one about seagulls that is a bit of a running joke among some furries I know. Who know that seagull incest would be somebody's thing?

Troj

Your Friendly Neighborhood Dino Therapist
I realized we all automatically assumed "pushing personal agendas" necessarily meant "politics."

Do webcomics that are just thinly-disguised fetish fuel count here, too?

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
I realized we all automatically assumed "pushing personal agendas" necessarily meant "politics."

C1z7Wtd.jpg

Well from what I've just read, two 10 year old kids brother and sister end up having sex after they both expereince relationship struggles. And that's where I stopped.

Connor J. Coyote

¥otie ¥otezer
I shit you not almost every furry comic, writing, or artist has some moral political point to make in their creations, whether it's subtle or outright stated, but it's always there. It's usually on the lines of "this good, that bad, now time to make big speech" There's no middle ground, or giving other things reedeming qualities about others or ideas. Not to say they can't do that, but it just makes me roll my eyes every time, even if I agree to a point.
Artwork has been about making statements, "pushing personal agendas", and causing political discourse - for a very long time.. (since day one). Furry art is just another medium in that realm.

So personally, it doesn't bother me at all.

Apoc-Volkov

Mechanical Mind
Funny animals have a lengthy history of being used by convention to get social commentary past the censors of the day. Nothing new here.

A quintessential example of this was the Medieval character Reynard the Fox, whose cycle consisted of allegorical stories and socio-political satire.

Last edited:

FeministFoxFelicia

Foxy Felicia
Banned
I think we as a community need to do more to weed out toxic people and well known Furry artists/YouTube personalities have a responsibility to help facilitate that. We are a diverse bunch of people including females, minorities, trans people and homosexuals and they need to be protected by the more well known people amongst us.

Nazis, incels, MGTOW’s, Republicans you are not wanted here so please go poison a normie hobby like football or bodybuilding instead.

Apoc-Volkov

Mechanical Mind
I think we as a community need to do more to weed out toxic people and well known Furry artists/YouTube personalities have a responsibility to help facilitate that. We are a diverse bunch of people including females, minorities, trans people and homosexuals and they need to be protected by the more well known people amongst us.
You do realize that the Furry Fandom is just a loosely-defined common interest group, right?

The only reasonable expectation you can have here is for people to at least put on a show of decency when dealing with fellow members, identity and politics be damned. Failing that, it's not your business or sacred duty to engage with assholes of any denomination - not just the ones you hate.

FeministFoxFelicia

Foxy Felicia
Banned
You do realize that the Furry Fandom is just a loosely-defined common interest group, right?

The only reasonable expectation you can have here is for people to at least put on a show of decency when dealing with fellow members, identity and politics be damned. Failing that, it's not your business or sacred duty to engage with assholes.

So you would just let them roam around the fandom acting like they please? Come on, you know as well as any of us the type of people we have attracted to this fandom and many of them need protection by some of the more vocal members of our hobby. I’m a shy girl in real life, there’s nothing I can do but speak up online to a small group of people on a furry forum, other people have far more influence and they need to use it. Whether that be through art or video or blog, whatever it is but the negative people I mentioned need to be shunned from this hobby so they leave and go darken somewhere else. People need to stand up for what’s right.

Apoc-Volkov

Mechanical Mind
So you would just let them roam around the fandom acting like they please? Come on, you know as well as any of us the type of people we have attracted to this fandom and many of them need protection by some of the more vocal members of our hobby. I’m a shy girl in real life, there’s nothing I can do but speak up online to a small group of people on a furry forum, other people have far more influence and they need to use it. Whether that be through art or video or blog, whatever it is but the negative people I mentioned need to be shunned from this hobby so they leave and go darken somewhere else. People need to stand up for what’s right.
If you think open hostility towards such assholes should be permitted, then you have forfeited whatever moral superiority you claimed to have, and with it the protection you're seeking.

Whilst we're posting to a public website, there is no excuse for being uncivil here, and there are civil means to settle such matters. If you don't want to put up with certain people, block them. If they violate the terms of service, report them. And above all, do your best to resolve matters at the lowest level possible as civil as possible.

Last edited:

DimskyTheOwl

Nazis, incels, MGTOW’s, Republicans you are not wanted here so please go poison a normie hobby like football or bodybuilding instead.

The way you talk on all forums is like some badly reformed and regurgitated sterotypical sjw nonesense.

Bad troll ):<

Apoc-Volkov

Mechanical Mind
As an aside, I actually like the artwork that goes into wartime propaganda.

9a9e3893786c33016b1ade3f5db29881.jpg

After some research, I do think there is something political in art :V
74CA6D5B-BC61-40AA-A5B7-60E2D01745A5.jpeg
C135264F-2A15-49CB-AB0E-618F069FEFA2.jpeg