• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Anyone else feeling lonely lately?

WaywrdAngel

Over the past seven days I have been grounded from using group chats like Telegram and Discord because I did something that I really regret. Those two places where my two main sources of communication in the furry fandom and now I have taken Refuge to FA for the Time being.

Even though there's a lot of people I can still talk to hear I still feel like that all of my friends got a stripped away from me and I will be grounded forever and never meet my friends ever again.

Valentine's Day is also approaching quickly and that's where people like to show off their relationships so it's just going to hit me even more. I feel like I have no one to talk to personally anymore. I know I'm probably sounding like a dumb stupid edgy kid but that's honestly how i'm feeling right now

Anyone else in here feel the same way and want to vent with me or whatever?....
If you ever need anyone to talk to. I may be new to this site and you don't know me but I promise im a good listener. I hope you feel better soon

Brooks Dotson

Lost in Transition
Well i'll start feeling better once valentine's day has passed. Until then i'm gonna be in a prepertually nasty mood.

Alex C.

Yeah I get lonely very often. Sometimes I feel like I'm a cancer in society or something.
I'm so, so flawed. I don't even know why I'm writing this cause no one cares. I bet no one is even gonna read the whole thing.
Besides, what's the point in trying to be happy? I just can't. I'm too weak, too fragile. Even if I tried my best, i'd end up even more broken than I am right now so what's the point?
My whole existence is objectively pointless and my only impact in the world is wasting everyone's time.

Am I even able to be happy in this cold world?
Say whatever you want. Call me dumb, worthless, mentally ill.
At this point, I genuinely have no idea who or what I am.

ShadowWolfF

What's up?
Sounds like you are having a rough time. Things get better, some times we got to keep trying till we find what works.

Brooks Dotson

Lost in Transition
I might be able to give some advice. Unfortunately changing a holiday is a little outside my capabilities. What is it that bothers you aboit it, if i may ask?
The fact that there's an entire holiday dedicated to an emotion that can be celebrated on any other day of any week or month is just stupid if you ask me.

ShadowWolfF

The fact that there's an entire holiday dedicated to an emotion that can be celebrated on any other day of any week or month is just stupid if you ask me.
From a personal perspective i can agree.
The sad truth is that its not about love but greed.
Its not as stupid if you happen to own a candy factory or a chain of floral stores. Not to mention advertisers, boxing companies, companies that make ribbons, stuffed animals and so on and so forth.

Brooks Dotson

Lost in Transition
From a personal perspective i can agree.
The sad truth is that its not about love but greed.
Its not as stupid if you happen to own a candy factory or a chain of floral stores. Not to mention advertisers, boxing companies, companies that make ribbons, stuffed animals and so on and so forth.
Yeah and i feel that if i can't be happy on valentine's day then nobody should be as well.

ShadowWolfF

That is one way to look at things. Another is that a meaningless holiday is an opportunity to lay the ground work for real relationships. People tend to remember others more that make them smile and laugh than make them feel negatively.

GarthTheWereWolf

Captious Lycanthrope of Forum Legend
Nothing makes a room feel emptier than wanting someone in it.

Xitheon

The cat's mother.
I don't like the person I've turned into. I have been through things nobody would believe and I feel too far away and empty to bond with anyone.

ShadowWolfF

I don't like the person I've turned into. I have been through things nobody would believe and I feel too far away and empty to bond with anyone.
Its never to late to change who we are. Small changes are the easiest to make before making big changes. Finding a person that you can be open with is a good first step to building a bond. Keeping positive is a good first step as well.

I used to have a lot of friends online and irl but I moved around a lot and barely have any now. It kind of sucks when you're older to make new friends >_< tho I'm hoping going back to college helps.

ShadowWolfF

I used to have a lot of friends online and irl but I moved around a lot and barely have any now. It kind of sucks when you're older to make new friends >_< tho I'm hoping going back to college helps.
I hear that. Pushin 30, only got 2 friends (but i have known them 15+ years)

S

SLB-Portu24

I don't feel that's possible for me to build a good affinity with another person or vice versa. Also find it very difficult to believe when someone says that they like me, even close family because honestly I can't see anything about myself worth liking or cherishing. I don't entirely despise who I am as an individual but I'm surely far from holding any particularly positive views regarding my existence or impact on the world around me.

ShadowWolfF

I don't feel that's possible for me to build a good affinity with another person or vice versa. Also find it very difficult to believe when someone says that they like me, even close family because honestly I can't see anything about myself worth liking or cherishing. I don't entirely despise who I am as an individual but I'm surely far from holding any particularly positive views regarding my existence or impact on the world around me.
Try breaking your routine. Maybe a festival or a group event may help. Learning a new language is something to try as well. Im learning Japanese, it has given me the opportunity to meet some really interesting people.

S

SLB-Portu24

Try breaking your routine. Maybe a festival or a group event may help. Learning a new language is something to try as well. Im learning Japanese, it has given me the opportunity to meet some really interesting people.
I simply have no motivation for any of that right now as even the most mundane and effortless of tasks have been feeling like this excruciatingly unpleasant chore and its not unusual for me to procrastinate them altogether so accomplishing things that require at least a pinch of actual dedicated effort, especially on the mental side, seems utterly impossible. I've became so familiar at regularly dealing with powerful negative emotions and thoughts that my ability to perceive and process real positive impulses was toned down into almost complete insignificance. Way more often than not, happiness fails to rub itself onto me, regardless of how suitable the surrounding conditions for its manifestation are.