• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Anyone else have trouble keeping up with the Fandom cause of ADD?

Darklordbambi

The great Amanojaku
I ask this because I notice I'm not good at remembering to check places, hell, like this one to see if they're active, or keeping up with the furry discord servers I'm on. I feel like I can get distracted by a video and forget what I was gonna do for hours. This happens to me even when I'm having conversations with friends sometimes.

Faexie

Rara for short :)
I actually spend too much time on here and not enough doing more important things lol (I have ADD too)

Connor J. Coyote

I ask this because I notice I'm not good at remembering to check places, hell, like this one to see if they're active, or keeping up with the furry discord servers I'm on. I feel like I can get distracted by a video and forget what I was gonna do for hours. This happens to me even when I'm having conversations with friends sometimes.
It could be perhaps that you might be spreading yourself too thinly across social media - and have too many accounts in too many places, (and keeping up is now too much of a chore).. quality is sometimes better than quantity, and it may be better to stick to only a few that you love; and close down the rest, perhaps?

Toby_Morpheus

Hello, Proto
I honestly know quite little about the fandom besides the basics and maybe a few current news topics.
I don't stay hyperconnected like other people. It'd burn me out.
I keep to my little corner here, have Facebook for memes, Youtube on the other computer, and that's it.

Nihles

Pet foxxo
It could be perhaps that you might be spreading yourself too thinly across social media - and have too many accounts in too many places, (and keeping up is now too much of a chore).. quality is sometimes better than quantity, and it may be better to stick to only a few that you love; and close down the rest, perhaps?
This, ten times over. As an ADHD furry, I have to pick and choose who keeps my attention. the quote fandom unquote is very spread out and fragmented to the point where I wouldn't even consider it a true Community sometimes

Ravofox

Aussie foxy
Right now I should be studying, but I'm writing this!! Thanks ADD:p

Though i think for the most part it's the oposite for me, this does apply with drawing in my case. I want to draw more of my fursona, but i get distracted easily.

D

Deleted member 111470

What is there to keep up with in the fandom?

Darklordbambi

The great Amanojaku
I do think this is definately part of it. Like, I just worry when I leave a server or something I'm cutting off a potential social avenue. At the same time I also have been rethinking about quality instead of quantity. I find forums remind me of the olden days where I'd make friends on forum boards and was more patient, and just the kind of people I met on them. It feels like people have changed when I look at social media and even discord servers at times. Everyone's jaded, a bajillion memes going "lol I have crippling depression" and people just kinda shitposting or more focused on gaming. It's neurotic and unfocused, people aren't even socializing so much as micro-socializing, less communities and friend making and more absorbing and consuming content and replying minimally.

I miss really having a place where I could meet people and have deep conversations and just really get to know them as people. I think I might need to put that into my thinking when it comes to how and where I choose to spend my time.

Faexie

Rara for short :)
I do think this is definately part of it. Like, I just worry when I leave a server or something I'm cutting off a potential social avenue. At the same time I also have been rethinking about quality instead of quantity. I find forums remind me of the olden days where I'd make friends on forum boards and was more patient, and just the kind of people I met on them. It feels like people have changed when I look at social media and even discord servers at times. Everyone's jaded, a bajillion memes going "lol I have crippling depression" and people just kinda shitposting or more focused on gaming. It's neurotic and unfocused, people aren't even socializing so much as micro-socializing, less communities and friend making and more absorbing and consuming content and replying minimally.

I miss really having a place where I could meet people and have deep conversations and just really get to know them as people. I think I might need to put that into my thinking when it comes to how and where I choose to spend my time.
That's why I only stick to this forum too keep in touch with the fandom (along with youtube and a few facebook groups). I tried other social medias but it just wasn't my cup of tea, there just weren't much real interactions in other sites most of the time...

Darklordbambi

The great Amanojaku
That's why I only stick to this forum too keep in touch with the fandom (along with youtube and a few facebook groups). I tried other social medias but it just wasn't my cup of tea, there just weren't much real interactions in other sites most of the time...
I don't really socialize on youtube so much as watch vids. I suppose the comments section is a bit of "micro-socialization", as in while I'm talking about stuff with people it's usually one or two replies at most, and I never get to know the people, vs actually making friends and getting to know individuals. I notice there's a lot of micro-socialization in that aspect on social media and stuff, and some discords. Tho a discord server would be good albeit it keeps a good community atmosphere and the right amount of people. Too few and it'll die out, too many and its hard to make any community at all.