• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Anyone else here unable to go to conventions?

Z

Zaddict16

My father would kill me if he knew and my mother asks way way WAY! to many questions
Yeah, your dad is pretty scary. And my mom asks SO MANY AUESTIONS I WANT TO COMMIT SUICIDE!!!! (Not really XD). But she needs to know every single detail and plan ahead 20 years in advance for something. It's so fudging annoying!

And nether does my girlfriend. I asked her if she knew what a furry was and she said she didn't so....
75925377.jpg

Cloudyhue

Certified Fuzzbutt
Yeah, your dad is pretty scary. And my mom asks SO MANY AUESTIONS I WANT TO COMMIT SUICIDE!!!! (Not really XD). But she needs to know every single detail and plan ahead 20 years in advance for something. It's so fudging annoying!
Exactly! So much with the annoying schedules and whatever.

Cloudyhue

Certified Fuzzbutt
You're a lucky one. Even luckier still are those who have parents that are furries and make fursuits.

Cloudyhue

Certified Fuzzbutt
Dang! That is hilarious!!! XD Where do you get all of these amazingly timed, full of humor (and Samuel l Jackson) pictures? Lol
Ikr. It's great to see well-placed memes these days.

Mystic Thunder

Worse than a grounded pilot: a grounded pegasus
*Promises self con if I can get out of Academic Deficiency*
*Doesn't know dates or locations for most cons, and can't afford airfare to PIT for Anthrocon*
*Sad face*

Yakamaru

Worshiper of Monster
*Promises self con if I can get out of Academic Deficiency*
*Doesn't know dates or locations for most cons, and can't afford airfare to PIT for Anthrocon*
*Sad face*
Use Google DuckDuckGo and search up dates, locations and prices?

Personally at least I can't be assed going to cons. Waste of money, time and energy.

That's way better than we're I live. I think. I live near Boston ma and I think there's a couple there but Anthrocon, I would need to tell my parents and start the traditional 10000000000000000 hour long question session. Lol. I'm really not exaggerating eithier.
I may be at the Boston one next year.

Thelor

I always miss the last day for ordering a pass so if that qualifies then yes I'm unabel to go.

L

Leoni Zheitk

Me: Still living with parents (cause I'm 15),
live's on the "holy crap that's far" side of Canada (west)
doesn't have anyone to go with...

So yeah I can really go...

OK. At the risk of being flamed, here is my 2 cents. I am a con goer. First of all, cons really ARE all that. The best times I've ever had have been at cons, and I go to a lot of cons (probably over 60 Furry cons now). I am not saying this to make others feel bad or to rub their muzzles in it, I genuinely feel bad when others cannot go to cons for whatever reasons. As a Furry, I view the Fandom as my family, and the best friends I have are all from the furs I've met at cons. What others have said above is simply not true if you are into the spirit of being a Furry. Cons are a celebration of who we are. You can let down your guard and revel in the fact that you are FURRY without fear of being ridiculed and marginalized. I will also tell you that the friendship and openness at a convention is amazing. The worst furry convention that I have ever been to beats the best "other" con that I have been to, and I've been to a lot of "other" cons, too. The only caveat I have is that you get out of a convention what you put into it. If you come with a negative attitude, you will have a negative con. I always approach cons with a sense of wonder and anticipation. I have yet to be disappointed.
Wish I lived near you. I'm desperate to go to one and that has sold me on them completely. I'm new to this and just at the 'get the suit designed' stage. Sadly I'm in the UK. But hope to get to one in May!

-Praydeth-

The Trickster coyote.
The worst part of this is i live less that 30 min away from fau and at this time at least i'm not a furry and it's the same god dam week as meh birthday so it would be no problem at all and every time i see a post like this i get reminded of that.

Keefur

aka Cutter Cat
Wish I lived near you. I'm desperate to go to one and that has sold me on them completely. I'm new to this and just at the 'get the suit designed' stage. Sadly I'm in the UK. But hope to get to one in May!
I would see if I could get a friend to let you try their fursuit out. It's not for everyone. I have actually seen cases where someone would get a fursuit and not like doing it, only to immediately resell the suit at a loss. It's hot and confining, but if you can stand doing it, it is so worth the rewards. I have always wanted to go to the U.K. It's on my bucket list. Unfortunately, it is not in my foreseeable future. Maybe if I had a GoH, lol.

I would see if I could get a friend to let you try their fursuit out. It's not for everyone. I have actually seen cases where someone would get a fursuit and not like doing it, only to immediately resell the suit at a loss. It's hot and confining, but if you can stand doing it, it is so worth the rewards. I have always wanted to go to the U.K. It's on my bucket list. Unfortunately, it is not in my foreseeable future. Maybe if I had a GoH, lol.
Hi Keefur. I would like to try that. I do think I'd definitely be ok with it - am determined to give it a go ASAP. I'm scribbling away and developing the fursuit but I'm aware now of other husky fursuiters and my drawing looks like their real-life fursuits so I need to be unique! Oh there are some lovely parts to the UK. I live in the South East. Brighton is near but have so far not found any furries locally - there HAS to be some! I'm off to the midlands this weekend, near to Stratford and Warwick. I try to visit London about once a month. Memphis I see! That is awesome!

ExtinguishedHope

I lost my sock
I live in Bumfuck, Nowhere, so I can't really go to cons. Plus I don't quite have the money to attend and I'd like to go to have a suit before I go to a furry con.

Mandragoras

Inept Abecedarian
Money. It's really that simple. There will be one right by my house and I'm like, "Nope, don't have the dough." Kind of lame, honestly.

Keefur

aka Cutter Cat
Like others have said above, Real Life comes first. A Furry con is a luxury, unless you are vending. If you have to sacrifice basic RL stuff to go, please don't. I have known Furs who went to cons with no means of support as in no room and no money for food. By all means, don't do this!

Eagertail

I honestly might be able to go to anthrocon via my aunt takeing me, the people that I live with does not like, no HATE furrys me being in the fandom just makes it haard to deal with. So by me telling them that there is a con in wich over 7,000 furrys went to last year just does not seem like a good idea.