• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Anyone else legally married to a same sex mate/partner? Or have plans to?

Simo

Professional Watermelon Farmer
I'm curious how many furs are married to their same sex partners, now that it's legal in most of the US...or at least, about 35 states plus The District, and in many other Western countries.

Last week, on Dec. 8, I got married to my mate of 24 years, who I met in college, and from going to see punk/hc shows. It doesn't really feel any different, only now, he can get health insurance though where I work, which is a huge plus, and saves a fortune. And there's a host of other legal benefits.

We had a simple court ceremony, then went out to dinner with my folks and 4 other friends; we didn't want a huge ordeal. But it's was fun, and kinda unreal feeling...I never thought laws would change this much. If you asked me in the early 1990s, or the dark ages of Reagan, I would have thought it never woulda happened. And it's meant a ton of free drinks! For the past few weeks we've getting all these congratulations and 'let me buy you guys a drink' when we go out and run into friends, so that's a major bonus. It's cut the booze bill in half, these past weeks. =p

Anyway, curious if any other furs have tied the knot, or plan to. (pun intended?)

jtrekkie

Feathered
Congratulations.

No but my mom married a lesbian couple.

Brazen

Terrorist Scum
That's very intolerant of you to imply there's only 2 sexes like that.

Butters Shikkon

Patron Saint of Queers
Congratulations.

Married two people? Was she in Utah? :V

OT: Actually I'll be marrying my same sex lover next year. In spring. :3 South Carolina just approved it...which greatly shocked me.

:c daww. I hate to see you trip up. I'm a casual fan of yours after all. No one is into more than one sex, genders on the other hand...

I can only give you a 5/10.

Last edited:

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?

The phrase 'same sex' doesn't imply there are 2 sexes. It implies there are n sexes, where n is greater than 1.

If you're going to troll, make it mathematically consistent. :V

Simo

Congratulations.

Thanks! I know of three couples where I work, who are married to same-sex partners, two female-female couples, and one male-male, and it's very tolerant workplace. But then again, most universities are, and Maryland isn't a very conservative place.

Ayattar

Banned
Banned

Even by the LGBT logic when it comes to humans there are only two sexes: XY and XX. And fuckton of genders.

So failed bait.

And when I'll marry someone I'll make a topic as well, so people may know that there are also straight fu..., fuck, people in this fandom and it's not a myth.

Last edited:

Fallowfox

Even by the LGBT logic when it comes to humans there are only two sexes: XY and XX. And fuckton of genders.

So failed bait.

And when I'll marry someone I'll make a topic as well, so people may know that there are also straight fu..., fuck, people in this fandom and it's not a myth.

XX and XY are not the only possible karyotypes.

There are hybrids, who possess mosaic combinations of multiple X and Y chromosomes: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hermaphrodite#Humans

They possess ambiguous genitals.

Simo

Anyway, I don't really care much about who marries who, or what their genitals or genders are like, but it is nice to finally have the same legal rights as other married couples, so I posted this just wondering if anyone else might relate, or had been with their partner for a while, and finally planned to marry, because the ability to do so is very new in much of the US. So far, though, I only know of one furry couple who are married, in Sweden.

Anyway you get presents, and free drinks, and that's always a fun bonus, so you check it out sometime.

Ayattar

Banned
Banned
I know. But mentioned above are more like biological mistakes than default sexes. I'm not trying to be offensive here, but they're a result of a random error, so I omitted them purposely.

Last edited:

Mikazuki Marazhu

I hate you all
Hello.

I'm not married but I'm engaged. Me and my fiance Carl (He's not a furry) We've been engaged for 20 years now. We never really got married because we'll need to go back to manitoba or to some other states to do so.

Butters Shikkon

Patron Saint of Queers
Anyway you get presents, and free drinks, and that's always a fun bonus, so you check it out sometime.

S:/

Yeeeahhhh, marriage isn't something you just run into for a party, kid. It's something some of us take very seriously.

Fallowfox

S:/

Yeeeahhhh, marriage isn't something you just run into for a party, kid. It's something some of us take very seriously.

I don't think Simo was seriously instructing anybody to marry so that they could have a party.

Simo

Hello.

I'm not married but I'm engaged. Me and my fiance Carl (He's not a furry) We've been engaged for 20 years now. We never really got married because we'll need to go back to manitoba or to some other states to do so.

Wow, that's cool! It's weird how fast time can pass. Hopefully you'll be able to get married in every state, soon...I think there's just 15 states to go, currently. Congratulations on bein' engaged!

@Butters: I was just kidding, there...we met back in college, and have gone out for 20+ years...But we're both sorta bad at making $, so the free stuff was nice. I majored in English and work in a library, he waits tables, and wjere we live, the cost of living has gone crazy. (DC/Baltimore)