• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Anyone else who is suffering from crippling loneliness?

AceQuorthon

International Man Of Mystery
Not at the moment. I've had some bad experiences on Discord so eventually decided to give it up but I do have Telegram which isn't that different tbh, I actually like the layout and interface more since you can use those neat sticker packs and watch videos on the spot.
I gotta use Telegram more often, everyone I know are on Discord though

AceQuorthon

God I feel so alone and depressed tonight again... I hate my life...

KD142000

Leather-clad Lobo
I used to be pretty lonely before joining the fandom and meeting so many people.
Have yet to get any IRL friends or even meet face-to-face with any online ones.

Although it's not the same as IRL friends...I still appreciate everyone I have.
Can always make more, of course.

It's tough being lonely. At times, it can feel like no one cares. But everyone who's been in that situation before does care deeply. Even those with lots of IRL friends do, too.

Some barriers are hard to take down. We all have times when we feel lonely, though.

*hugs everybody in here*

Xitheon

The cat's mother.
God I feel so alone and depressed tonight again... I hate my life...

I'm a repellent 31 year old mentally ill autistic freak with occasional gender dysphoria. I know so much about loneliness. I'd like to talk to you but I am very bad at small talk.

KD142000

Leather-clad Lobo
I feel lonely
*hugs you*

I'm a repellent 31 year old mentally ill autistic freak with occasional gender dysphoria. I know so much about loneliness. I'd like to talk to you but I am very bad at small talk.
I'm OK with small talk, but I understand the barriers and challenging nature of it. I'm suspected of being autistic, myself, but I have never found out for sure. Wouldn't change me, knowing that info...so I guess I'm OK with not knowing. We're all different, after all.
*hugs for you, too*

Kit H. Ruppell

Exterminieren! Exterminieren!
I live in a house full of close friends, but in terms of relationships I'm feeling pretty hopeless.

AceQuorthon

Dreammaker33

Cute cow that likes computer hardware
Yes, sometimes I feel very lonely out here in the countryside. I very rarely come across other furries in my region.

It's hard for me to feel love from others.

Cyanomega

Feels like I’m getting lonelier and lonelier by each day... I’ve lost so many friends throughout the years and my current ones live quite a bit away, and now with work I have even less time to meet them. I also feel like the black sheep of the family, my parents have always been tough on me to succeed which I’ve failed almost every time. My mom is also mentally unwell and takes out her problems on me which makes me feel even more alienated. At school and other work places I’ve had throughout the years I’ve always had a hard time fitting in, never seem to find my place and settle in properly. I just want to find people that really love me as I am, and who I can love back unconditionally. Feels so awful in the soul going to sleep every night in your cold bed knowing that no one around you cares about you existing in the same place and time as them.
Good God Ace, it's like, every time.....

Hey, it's old drunken uncle Cyan O. Every time you PM me I want to give you a huge hug.
My dude, time zones mean we never really get to reply to each other because it's always "hey Ace, I'm here let's talk!" And I'm off to bed or some such.

I've been in that exact situation and I wish I could be there for you more.

Please know it will get better, maybe not by much but it will.

one day, by random happenstance perhaps,you will find a place you can finally fit in.

but as is the case, I'm off to bed cuz I live in NY and I need to be up in 6hours for work.

Ace, you for somewhere. Whether that's here or somewhere else, you fit, and life sucks and it's hard, but sometimes it doesn't and people can and will be here for you.

I'm really nihilistic in my viewpoint but I'm an optimistic nihilist.

I wish I could help you more but please don't lose hope man. You and a ton of others are lonely and feel alone, but we aren't and places like this exist to show us we are not and others exist who want to share our experiences.

Stay strong Ace.

AceQuorthon

Good God Ace, it's like, every time.....

Hey, it's old drunken uncle Cyan O. Every time you PM me I want to give you a huge hug.
My dude, time zones mean we never really get to reply to each other because it's always "hey Ace, I'm here let's talk!" And I'm off to bed or some such.

I've been in that exact situation and I wish I could be there for you more.

Please know it will get better, maybe not by much but it will.

one day, by random happenstance perhaps,you will find a place you can finally fit in.

but as is the case, I'm off to bed cuz I live in NY and I need to be up in 6hours for work.

Ace, you for somewhere. Whether that's here or somewhere else, you fit, and life sucks and it's hard, but sometimes it doesn't and people can and will be here for you.

I'm really nihilistic in my viewpoint but I'm an optimistic nihilist.

I wish I could help you more but please don't lose hope man. You and a ton of others are lonely and feel alone, but we aren't and places like this exist to show us we are not and others exist who want to share our experiences.

Stay strong Ace.
Thank you for these words, really. It means a lot.
I hope life will treat you better soon too buddy, and I’m here for you if you ever need it.

Cyanomega

Thank you for these words, really. It means a lot.
I hope life will treat you better soon too buddy, and I’m here for you if you ever need it.
Christ Ace, I feel like I do you wrong every time I talk to you, I'm just glad I don't come off as an ass when I talk to you. If I ever do let me know. I never want to be a ass to someone.

Have a great one dude.

M

MetalWolfBruh

Yes, some days feel worse than others, other days not so bad, Sometimes, it affects me for weeks and then isn't so bad, and other times it comes in a big cluster.

AceQuorthon

Christ Ace, I feel like I do you wrong every time I talk to you, I'm just glad I don't come off as an ass when I talk to you. If I ever do let me know. I never want to be a ass to someone.

Have a great one dude.
You’re great man, trust me! <3

Z

Z-ro

I wanna fuckin die, sure
But if there's something preventing my death wishes is a good company
I am lacking right now but, what ever

-Sliqq-

Silo
At times, yeah. Might be things under my control... Might not. It can be hard to tell if you're the problem or if the environment you're in is. This has already been said, but circumstance is a pretty important factor to consider.

People could be getting busier. Friendships could have been out of convenience, etc. Maybe they thought that you don't like them if you suddenly stopped interacting with them. Maybe they didn't like you or they outgrew the friendship.

A lot of times these things are a out of your control.

Accepting the situation and making a decision on it (whether that means going out and talking to people or just going about your own business) goes a long way. It reduces that feeling of being powerless at least.

D

Deleted member 82554

No, but.

IMG_20191020_224609.jpg

Earyna

Feels like I’m getting lonelier and lonelier by each day... I’ve lost so many friends throughout the years and my current ones live quite a bit away, and now with work I have even less time to meet them. I also feel like the black sheep of the family, my parents have always been tough on me to succeed which I’ve failed almost every time. My mom is also mentally unwell and takes out her problems on me which makes me feel even more alienated. At school and other work places I’ve had throughout the years I’ve always had a hard time fitting in, never seem to find my place and settle in properly. I just want to find people that really love me as I am, and who I can love back unconditionally. Feels so awful in the soul going to sleep every night in your cold bed knowing that no one around you cares about you existing in the same place and time as them.

Lonelyness is a fatal disease.
It is extremely deadly, and very unhealthy.

And once you fall into the pit of lonelyness, it is hard to get out.
You get a shell around you, you perceive other's actions as resentfull or disliking you. You distrust others more easily.
You distance yourself more from others.

The first step to lose this feeling of lonelyness, is by recognizing which (if any) of these behaviors you experience.
Many people are very lonely.
Take innitative. Be the first to send a kind message, one that will open a chat.
"Hi" "Hello" "Ok" "ikr" "lol" are all messages that will likely end a conversation.

Asking for certain things like hobbys and intrests and providing input yourself will help you engage into more friendly talks.
Try not to get to personal in the beginning.

In short, feel free to send me a private message at any time!