• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Anyone fear google?

I think its more likely that Google is just looking to make a massive profit with their services and all of that info. We have all just been exposed to way too many science fiction movies :U

DrDingo

Moved to phoenix.corvidae.org with the others
Google will soon rule the world. They've taken YouTube, and attempted to take Pokemon on April 1, so who knows what their next target is?
Lemme stop you there.
It was a fun thing to get people using Google Maps on their iPhones. Nintendo have been doing a few things for iOS devices in recent times. Like Pokedex 3D for iPhone/iPad and Pokemon Origins on iTunes.

Nekokami

As cuckoo as a clock.
Lemme stop you there.
It was a fun thing to get people using Google Maps on their iPhones. Nintendo have been doing a few things for iOS devices in recent times. Like Pokedex 3D for iPhone/iPad and Pokemon Origins on iTunes.
I wasn't being entirely serious.

Roose Hurro

Lovable Curmudgeon
Banned
Does anyone fear google taking over the internet in the future? I mean, they are really powerful.

I would hate to see every popular website to be google based, it would have too much power and it would control the biggest media source of the world, google could express any opinion it wants.

If google isn't already the overlord of the internet, do you fear it will be?

The whole irony of this is related to the fact I used "Google" to reach FAF.

ArielMT

'Net Help Desk
I like the technologies, but I fear the company and its application of those technologies.

The thing I don't like about google is the whole "filter bubble" thing, where they customize your search results to what you want to see.

Don't Bubble Us.

Directly related, Duck Duck Go, which you can get to quickly by going to DDG.GG. They have back-end hooks into a lot of search engines (including Google's) so you get as-relevant results, and they also prevent sites from knowing the terms you searched for to find them, unlike Google and Bing.

Xela-Dasi

PiratePiratePiratePirateP irate
Dunno about anyone else, but I don't care if they monitor what I google.

What's gonna happen, is some business executive from Google gonna come to my house and call me a furfag? :V

yes, then they will know your preferences and customize google to your furfag style.

They could also see furries as a negative towards the society as a whole, and cull the masses :v they would know who each and every one of us are, and where we live! And the naughty, naughty things we watch :v

ArielMT

'Net Help Desk
Dunno about anyone else, but I don't care if they monitor what I google.

What's gonna happen, is some business executive from Google gonna come to my house and call me a furfag? :V

No. Some business executive from Google is going to let anyone who comes knocking access their data on you, and those third parties will use it against you.

Zevan

My fear is that Google will take over the good things, get bad feedback, and then take more website and make them better. Then while everyone is commenting how good the improved website there is, they will make much more drastic changes to everything that they have and create a monopoly.

Maybe Facebook and Google will combine interests and create a monopoly over the interwebz :v

CaptainCool

Lady of the lake
There are worse people who could become the internet overlord. All things considered Google really isn't that bad. Their employees are supposedly really happy, they are dumping money into a LOT of really cool projects and their products are usually pretty good overall.
Sure, they had some fuckups. Like how they always make Youtube worse with each update, forcing Google+ on everyone and the whole Google Wave fiasco.
But hey, they stopped with the G+ bullshit and Gmail is pretty much the best free email provider ever^^
Then there is Android, which in my opinion is the best mobile OS that we have right now (except for Windows 8.1 if you are using a tablet, full Windows on a tablet is the tits!).
Then there is Google Fiber, which is probably the coolest internet ISP ever!

And they are very LGBT friendly.

I think we would be in relatively good hands if the guys at Google ever took over the world.

Digitalpotato

Rants like a Gryphon
We have laws against monopolies(ie John Davison Rockefeller) So unless that changes, which is doubtful, then naw Im not worried.

You don't know how the U.S. works, do you?

"Excuse me google, I think you may be in violation of a law."
"Oh really? Say... you see this big wad of free speech in my hand?" *wags a bunch of money*
*gets on their knees and starts panting "Yes... I see the free speech."
"This will go towards your re-election campaign and we will give your campaign priority when people search if you accept our free speech and change the definition of these laws."
"You're not in violation of it."

Last edited:
You don't know how the U.S. works, do you?

"Excuse me google, I think you may be in violation of a law."
"Oh really? Say... you see this big wad of free speech in my hand?" *wags a bunch of money*
*gets on their knees and starts panting "Yes... I see the free speech."
"This will go towards your re-election campaign and we will give your campaign priority when people search if you accept our free speech and change the definition of these laws."
"You're not in violation of it."

And then Fox "News" will promptly bash the evil liberals for "once again" trying to keep businesses from "succeeding".

Sarcastic Coffeecup

Hand. Cannot. Erase.
I hate google.
Red flags all over the place for good ol' us of A and other insecure countries.
Tracking your movement outside google's pages, automatically harvesting your computer data upon entering a page owned by google cause y'know, privacy doesn't matter.
Google also has so much real world control it is absurd
If only there was another decent search engine I'd use that instead and flip the bird at google as a whole.