• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Anyone having problems with FA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volvom

Anthro Artist, Finland
I have no commissions to do, I'M FREE! YAY! FREE AT LAST!!!... oh sorry for the yelling, I'm just finding it a blessing in disguise. I make backgrounds both digitally painted and CGI and techno / trance music. I sometimes get overwhelming amounts of commissions, but today I'm going to celebrate with a big tub of ice cream and eat it all to myself.
Well, I need always money so I work like maniac b drawing SFW and NSFW YCH commissions :p
Not to mention that I just don't have any inspiration to draw my own characters lately and I don't have piercing/tattoo customers either right now -__-

This sounds like SQL Injection to me, im a Certified Penetration Tester.

Sounds like either a DROP DATABASE xyz, or DELETE FROM xyz got loose in the database engine from some insecure php code, just a guess based on what was seen just before the site was taken down.
That is possible, or then server problems maybe?
Ghhh, too much things what can be wrong!

Raynehatori

I feel so blue

Sounds like either a DROP DATABASE xyz, or DELETE FROM xyz got loose in the database engine from some insecure php code, just a guess based on what was seen just before the site was taken down.

Bah hopefully not, I had 2 commissions I was waiting on...they are keeping us in the dark so far though :/

DarkXander

Owner FurrTrax.com
Bah hopefully not, I had 2 commissions I was waiting on...they are keeping us in the dark so far though :/

Thats what kinda convinces me it was possibly an attack, if this was just a provider outage, or a equipment failure, i think Neer would be all over blaming X piece of equipment or Y internet company for them being down, this silence makes me think they are spinning going WTF!!! or WHAT DO WE DO????

Elf-cat

I judge a book by it's cover, & I'm 75% correct!
Meow, I better make some food. Does anyone here eat perogies?

Raynehatori

I feel so blue
Thats what kinda convinces me it was possibly an attack, if this was just a provider outage, or a equipment failure, i think Neer would be all over blaming X piece of equipment or Y internet company for them being down, this silence makes me think they are spinning going WTF!!! or WHAT DO WE DO????
Exactly and on the 19th last year we also had a huge attack, it was not pretty at all. Took 3 day If I recall to get the site back.

Elf-cat

I judge a book by it's cover, & I'm 75% correct!
At least it didn't happen on Friday the 13th, that would've been spooky!

DarkXander

Owner FurrTrax.com
Exactly and on the 19th last year we also had a huge attack, it was not pretty at all. Took 3 day If I recall to get the site back.

I remember because my Furry Site referenced in my signature was also attacked durring that incident, as well as sofurry and a few others, tho, my site has far better defenses in place, and did at the time, so we slowed down a bit, but never actually went offline or had any major issues.

Raynehatori

I feel so blue
I found something itresting there was a site that asked what someone would do if they found an exploit and exactly 1 hour ago a user replied with this

"
f it were serious enough, I'd use it to have the site lose a good percentage of submissions on their servers and backups.

Because fuck FA. Fandom would be a (slightly) better place without it.

Unfortunately, I'm not a programmer, so FA lives on..."

Suspicious no?

Volvom

Anthro Artist, Finland
I found something itresting there was a site that asked what someone would do if they found an exploit and exactly 1 hour ago a user replied with this

"
f it were serious enough, I'd use it to have the site lose a good percentage of submissions on their servers and backups.

Suspicious no?
That sounds VEERY suspicious to me.
I dunno why fandom can make people mad that way. I mean, it can be possible that someone really did this on that purpose if it happened.
I don't like DA too much anymore, but I don't see nay point to attack >A>

BayouBaby

Hoarder of Art Supplies and Books

You can't penetrate me with that Security+ talk. :p

//ITjokes

ArielMT

'Net Help Desk

"

Suspicious no?
It could be just coincidence. If the cause turns out to be hardware failure, there's no way that could be achieved through any over-the-Internet software means. No one's said or claimed anything yet.

DarkXander

Owner FurrTrax.com
Most people who make threats like that have no knowledge towards actually doing it, i run into those types all the time, there was a user known as Carl Cain on my site who kept telling my users he had backdoor access to my site via Private Messages, i know this because people reported the PMs to me and i was able to view them then and when confronted, i offered him a cash reward of $100 to prove he could actually do anything to my site, as we have a bug bounty program, he hummed hawwed, and then made up a story that he was a room mod, and a site builder, and he knew how to do this shit, but wasnt going to do it because reasons... I asked him, so then you must know my sites secret IP, which is it, 172.16.0.5 or 127.0.1.1? His answer was the latter, thus proving he has no clue even how basic networking operates.

AliothFox

That High-Flyin' Foxy
Just got word from Dragoneer. He didn't give me any details, but he assures me that all of the site's data is intact and safe.

Dragoneer

Site Developer
Staff member
Site Director
Administrator
Just got word from Dragoneer. He didn't give me any details, but he assures me that all of the site's data is intact and safe.
The majority is, yes. The backup we have is 6 days old. We're still going through and trying to determine the extent of the issue, and once we have more information, we'll post it publicly and give a full, transparent run down of what happened.

AliothFox

That High-Flyin' Foxy
The majority is, yes. The backup we have is 6 days old. We're still going through and trying to determine the extent of the issue, and once we have more information, we'll post it publicly and give a full, transparent run down of what happened.

Thanks Neer. I know you're busy trying to get things fixed. This has just been my routine pestering to shed a bit of light :)

Dragoneer

Site Developer
Staff member
Site Director
Administrator
We're still investigating and looking into the issue, and once we have more information we'll share it with the community.

Status
Not open for further replies.