• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Anyone having problems with FA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laini

I know FA goes down a lot but doing hourly backups seems excessive. I can't recall the last time FA had any data loss. You could probably theoretically do it, but why put your servers under that kind of load unecessarily?

-Censored-

Tear Streaked Panda
Man, I am really only seeing entitled reasons as to why people believe they should put the site back up right now. I'd rather wait for them make sure everything is working perfectly than them rush it to make you happy and it crash again. :/

Timmy Fox

The Royal Cutefox
I know FA goes down a lot but doing hourly backups seems excessive. I can't recall the last time FA had any data loss. You could probably theoretically do it, but why put your servers under that kind of load unecessarily?
Because of reasons like what just happened. At least do it more often than, you know, weekly. It might not be a very likely scenario that it will happen too often, if at all, but better be on the safe side in the event that it does happen, y'know?

Losing a full up to 6 days worth of data is a MASSIVE loss in the grand scheme of things.. Just consider how many submissions is made in just a day, or even just a couple of hours.

Of course you shouldn't put all the servers under unnecessary load due to backups simultaneously but if you just set it up properly the lag should be quite minimal since you're just copying a couple of files, probably also from a mirror instead of the actual working server which means you're putting the load on a behind-the-scenes server and not the primary server.

Khaiyote

Macgyver, with a tail.
I would think that it goes without saying that Neer and the other wonderful people involved with keeping this site running are doing everything they can to get the site back up. Thank you to those individuals! I had a bad day at work today, and when I got home I just wanted to browse FA to try and make my day better, and it was down. I was pretty upset at first, like some people. Quite frankly it doesn't matter why it is down, or how they are trying to fix it, how long they think it will be, or even how long it actually takes. It will be up when it is up, period. If info is lost, then so be it. Repost things if they are missing when the site is up again. If you didn't save the original files yourself, or relied upon FA to store your business information, shame on you. And this should be a valuable lesson for you. With all of the concern I see in the posts here, you would think that everyone owns stock in FA or something. I will patiently wait for the site to come back up, and again thank everybody involved with the sites operations for doing their best to get things going again, keeping things going in the future, and doing this all at no charge to the public.

shadow42

Caption Fluffybutt
I would think that it goes without saying that Neer and the other wonderful people involved with keeping this site running are doing everything they can to get the site back up. Thank you to those individuals! I had a bad day at work today, and when I got home I just wanted to browse FA to try and make my day better, and it was down. I was pretty upset at first, like some people. Quite frankly it doesn't matter why it is down, or how they are trying to fix it, how long they think it will be, or even how long it actually takes. It will be up when it is up, period. If info is lost, then so be it. Repost things if they are missing when the site is up again. If you didn't save the original files yourself, or relied upon FA to store your business information, shame on you. And this should be a valuable lesson for you. With all of the concern I see in the posts here, you would think that everyone owns stock in FA or something. I will patiently wait for the site to come back up, and again thank everybody involved with the sites operations for doing their best to get things going again, keeping things going in the future, and doing this all at no charge to the public.

i agree with khai.

SSJ3Mewtwo

I am going to close this thread, because an official announcement and clarification has been made here: forums.furaffinity.net: 5/17 Site Attack

Included in that announcement is a request by Dragoneer that if you have any information to forward about the USB drives or any individuals you suspect of being involved to his private twitter account (@Dragoneer) or via email (dragoneer@furaffinity.net).

Please do so only via those private channels, not by posting anything directly on the forums. We absolutely do not want names of individuals being passed around publicly, and getting innocent members harassed as a result. That would be against main site policy, and against current forum policy. And we would not condone publicly posting accusatory or incriminating information elsewhere. We wish to see this problem resolved, not result in witch-hunts.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.