• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Anyone know of Dennis Smith?

Takoto

Scottish Fold cat, disabled, and sneezing a lot.
A while ago when I was little I was watching the BBC News (which for those of you in America, is the biggest News station in the whole of England.), there was a report about a man who had had dental surgery, facial surgery, tattoo's, the works. Just so he looked more like a tiger.

Now a few months ago I watched the documentary "Anna Meets The Furries", and Dennis Smith (or, the Tiger-man) made an appearance.
A few hours ago I looked him up and found this =

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2001/aug/02/sillyseason.media

Now, I'm not sure whether he is a furry, or just has a huge love of Tigers, but seeing as he appeared on Anna Meets The Furries, I'd guess he is a furry.

Anyone willing to go this far? As in, get surgery too look more and more animal like?

Personally I wouldn't, but I don't see whats wrong with it. If I could get cat ears I would, but that would be it (maybe a tail?), but that's not possible so yeah. I wouldn't get tattoos or anything too make myself look like an animal...

What's you guys opinion on this?

EDIT.

I just found out his name is actually Dennis Avner, and he also goes by the name of Stalking Cat.

This is his official website: http://www.stalkingcat.net/

His Wikipedia article http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stalking_Cat

Too be honest, I think he's quite cool.

Last edited:

Ziff

Now with 25% less yiff!
no way. just no >.> that guy looks horrible

Nikolai

*has no FA skills*
Not unless it became acceptable social behavior, and a little more of a precise science, to have a giant, fluffy squirrel tail. And even then, I might just wear one like a 'normal' furry rather than have it grafted onto me.

K

Kaamos

Yeah, I remember him, I saw him on "Ripley's Believe it or Not" a few years ago.

And no, I don't think I'd ever get surgery to look like an animal. That's a little extreme. ...and he looks like something that crawled from the Uncanny Valley :/

Yeah, I remember him, I saw him on "Ripley's Believe it or Not" a few years ago.

And no, I don't think I'd ever get surgery to look like an animal. That's a little extreme. ...and he looks like something that crawled from the Uncanny Valley :/
yeah thats where I saw him also

theres also some guy that got scales tattooed all over his body and got his tongue split in half like a forked tongue so he looks like a lizard. not sure what his name is but hes pretty freaky

Kanye East

More ghetto then section 8!
He attends MFF every year I think, and I heard he was a prick. That was coming from a staff member, so take it with a grain of salt :/

Ricky

He attends MFF every year I think, and I heard he was a prick. That was coming from a staff member, so take it with a grain of salt :/

He's on a pretty high pedestal about the whole furry thing. He likes to preach about stuff like what furry REALLY MEANS but it sort of went in one ear and out the other at the time (I was drinking pretty heavily, I believe).

Takoto

Scottish Fold cat, disabled, and sneezing a lot.
yeah thats where I saw him also

theres also some guy that got scales tattooed all over his body and got his tongue split in half like a forked tongue so he looks like a lizard. not sure what his name is but hes pretty freaky

http://www.thelizardman.com/ This guy?

I've met him. He's actually pretty down-to-earth except for his appearance :roll:

In Anna Meets The Furries he did seem really down-to-earth, and quite cool. I'd like to meet him too be honest. xD

Kanye East

More ghetto then section 8!
He's on a pretty high pedestal about the whole furry thing. He likes to preach about stuff like what furry REALLY MEANS but it sort of went in one ear and out the other at the time (I was drinking pretty heavily, I believe).

I heard he threw a big hissy fit because he had a fursuit head in the window of his hotel room and hotel staff asked him to remove it. Then he wanted everyone at MFF to boycott the hotel (this was on Friday) and move to a different one. Also he's a self proclaimed shaman :wtf:

I'm looking forward to getting drunk and having him "guide me on a spiritual journey" if I can get him to give me the time of day at MFF this year. Otherwise I'll just have to settle on making fun of him.

Ricky

It a bit much for me... If that's his thing and he loves it, that's fine. But I could never do it.

I'd hope most people couldn't... or at least wouldn't do it.

I also remember he was telling me how he's an in-home PC repair tech but was having trouble finding work.

I'm surprised anyone even let them into their house.

Yeah, things like that come with stings... Many, many strings attached if you still want to try to be a part of normal society.

Ozriel

Inglorious Bastard

Ozriel

Inglorious Bastard
I heard he threw a big hissy fit because he had a fursuit head in the window of his hotel room and hotel staff asked him to remove it. Then he wanted everyone at MFF to boycott the hotel (this was on Friday) and move to a different one. Also he's a self proclaimed shaman :wtf:

I'm looking forward to getting drunk and having him "guide me on a spiritual journey" if I can get him to give me the time of day at MFF this year. Otherwise I'll just have to settle on making fun of him.

Oh yeah...Bastardizing Native American cultures. :D

/stab

Ozriel

Inglorious Bastard
Actually, he does gigs and gets paid for it. He even has a manager.

I know Dennis does and has been doing it for a long time.
I remember finding a Video of him flipping the bird on camera on Jewtube.

Vaelarsa

resident spaceship
I remember seeing that guy on Ripleys a long-ass time ago.

I'd get a working set of cat ears / tail surgically added to my body, but nothing more drastic.
No facial reconstruction or animal pattern tattoos or shit like that.

8-bit

Teeth, yes. (Sharper canines)

Eyes, Fuck yeah. (Wesker eyes, of course)

If no Wesker eyes, then maybe ears. (As long as they work)

No body tats!

And no fat chicks! (OLOLOL JK)

Last edited:

Pegasus316

Winged Awesome
I've never really had any lengthy conversations with the guy, myself. But, he's never struck me as being a bad guy. o_o

However, when you go to all the trouble of getting that much work done on yourself... Well, let's face it, you're just opening yourself up to criticism. And, despite that being common sense, I don't think he really prepared himself for that. So, he probably gets kinda snarky with people easily. I wouldn't be surprised, anyway.

But, like I said, I've never seen him to be rude, personally.