• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Anyone like Harley's ?

crazydog

Axel shep
hey i was wandering if any furs are interested in Harley Davidson motorcycles? I personally think they are sweet!

Biker=no,just...no.lol

pheonix

back'n up back'n up
They're novelty bikes that cost an arm and a leg. They're awesome but I'd never buy one.

Lukar

Durrgon
They look neat, but I'm not exactly a big fan of them (Mainly because there are way too many commercials on TV about local automobile retailers).

KatmanDu

Squeezing the Charmin
Nothing against them, but they're not my cup of tea. Not a big cruiser fan. Not that big of a crotch-rocket fan, either; but only because I can't ride one for more than an hour without looking like a pretzel. The good 'ol Universal Japanese Motorcycle, or UJM, for me; although they're next to impossible to find these days (outside of a ZRX1200 or naked Bandit)

I'll give my Harley riding friends a ration of crap about it, though; but only in response to rice-rocket jokes. :)

dude bikes are sexy as hell, and harley's are just about as sexy as bikes get.

I hope one day I can get one... despite the fact that they are screaming death machines.
I just want to be the tiny little girl in front driving and have some big dude in the back ;3
I don't like racing bikes as much... they look really uncomfortable to ride to me. I've ridden on the back of a harley chopper before and damn... it's like riding a couch with wheels. SO COMFY!!

jagdwolf

Just a simple innocent Wolf
I owned a '66 glide. After my doctor told me I would not ride one again much less walk, I sold it.

Stupid stupid stupid, since then I have owned a few more bikes. More of a crusier type than a harley, but they are so sweet.

Garrus

Samuel L Jackson's Nightmare
I asked my dad if he could get me one and he doesn't have a problem getting me a bike for when I pass my theory and practical bike test for the full license but he said if he'd get me a Harley but he'd have to disown me lol.

My dad hates em but Im just curious as to how they handle for riding in this winding countryside I live in.

frisse

my dad has 2 and they are really cool

ToeClaws

PEBKAC exterminator
Love the look and sound of them (but until I actually get a bike license, I can't really comment on riding one).

My favourite would be the Road King Classic:

http://motoprofi.com/bikephoto/3735/harleydavidson_road_king_classic_1999_2.jpg

However, before I ever bought one of those, I'd probably get something smaller like a 750 to 1100cc Japanese bike to get used to one and good at riding one. Last thing I'd ever want to do is drop the Harley... oh gods, that's gotta be one of the unwritten great sins.

crazydog

Axel shep
yeah me and my dad are going to test drive some this weekend hes gona get one he just cant decide between a ultra or a softail custom. hes had i think 4 regular harley's and one chopped 49 panhead but he sold them all before i was born.

crazydog

Axel shep
I asked my dad if he could get me one and he doesn't have a problem getting me a bike for when I pass my theory and practical bike test for the full license but he said if he'd get me a Harley but he'd have to disown me lol.

My dad hates em but Im just curious as to how they handle for riding in this winding countryside I live in.
Harleys are one of the best ridding and handle great altho some of the models are exstreamly heavy.where i live has many winding roads. If you know what the Blue Ridge Parkway is youll know that it is very very curvy and steep in places and its very popular with all bikers. so yeah they should handel great in curvy places .where ever you want to go on the road a Harley will take you there. and yes im biased torwards Harley but so are millions of others out there. 8)

-Lucario-

Haven't really liked motorcycles in general. They're nice looking, but I'd never want one.

Seprakarius

Can't Get Rid of a Bomb
I have to say that some of them look interesting, but I could never see myself driving one. I've had enough bad luck with cars that I'd be downright paranoid to try a motorcycle.

Cotoncandie

I ride. And personally, I think Harley's are a disgrace to anything with an engine. (why? because their timing is off, yes it sounds sweet, but no, an engine shouldn't shake your brains out, engines should run as smooth as possible, which in a Harley's case isn't gonna happen.) I'll agree they're nice LOOKING bikes, but truth is, if I'm gonna buy a bike, I want it to spend more time on the road than in the garage... lol

crazydog

Axel shep
well thats the best thing about a harley cause you stick out like a sore thumb from all the normal people that want their bikes to be "quiet". there are two types of bikers those who ride harleys and those that wish they did. and the reason you think harleys timing is off is because of all the compression the engine has and some people have put big cams on them and when they idle it does sound as if they are running rough but when you get them out on the open road they just let it loose and tell me if you can find a bike that hold their value any better than a harley cause i havent found one yet. last time i checked the values go up as the harley gets older. most people that think a harleys are a disgrace are just people with lil jap bikes that sound like a frickin bumble bee on steroids. which i think sound horrible. but no offence.......i just gave my spill on Harley haters and would be glad to tell it over and over again.......and yes if the Harley shakes your brains out cause of the noise they make ,then its a true harley and i dont think ive ever heard of a "quiet" Harley lol if it isnt lould it isnt worth a dime.

Last edited:

Irreverent

While I appreciate the beauty, artistry and craftsmanship of motorcycles, for me, anything with that kind of power to weight ratio has just got to have wings.

Mind you, classic Vespa's are fun to bomb around on. I may lease one for the summer.

Last edited: