• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Anyone playing FFXIV Online?

BunBunArt

Princess Bunny ♥
I'm trying out the game, but not the demo, I actually bought the game + expansions and got 30 "free days", so here I am.
Any thoughts on the game? Do you guys enjoy it? Does it get boring?

TVaM5PU.jpg

F

foussiremix

Ff 14 player here :3 *waves*

Started playing some months ago on the european world omega.
I l o v e the game.

Friendly community
Awesome story with well well deve characters.
Unique classes.

There is ALOT of content to do so you can't get bored fast.
Best thing about ff 14 is that it doesn't rush the players to endgame.

oappo

I played FFXIV for 2 or 3 months. I really enjoyed it. Having played WoW previously, it was a huge breath of fresh air in many ways. Basically everything foussiremix said. If my PC was better, pretty sure I'd be playing that now.

The combat does take some getting used to though. I know some people can't get into it for that reason, which is a real shame. I nearly quit at level 30 because of it, but it grew on me. I also heard PvP is sort of dead on NA servers, but quite active on Asian ones. Can't really comment on that since I never tried PvPing at max level.

BunBunArt

Princess Bunny ♥
Thanks for the reviews!

The last MMO I actually enjoyed was Aion back there in 2010, I started playing the beta. It was all NCSoft game, US and EU servers and it was monthly payment. I loved the game so much.
In 2012, the EU servers were bought by Gameforge and like 2-3 weeks later my account was hacked :D... Gameforge returned it to me 6 MONTHS later. Empty. So I stopped playing. (They also maded it free to play + pay to win, yepee!!)

Since then, I couldn't enjoy any MMO, because I loved that one. This month I gave it another shot, to Aion in NC servers but... it all changed. They ruined the game, removed lots of awesome maps and things to do. Leveling up is TOO EASY and I don't enjoy getting to lvl 80 in less than a week. So you reach endgame too soon, made me really sad to see what they did to that amazing game, now it's still beautiful but BORING x.x

My only shot right now is FF XIV. I still have like 20 days left and I'm still playing, it's really nice game but from the start, for example, the character creation is very poor, I expected a LOT more from SquareEnix, honestly, got very dissapointed there >.<
Aion is so unique that you can't see a single character that's equal, but I guess all games have their pros and cons... I wish they wouldn't slaughter Aion as they did because it was just perfect in any sense... :'D

Sugarbomb

With MMOs, everyone loves their first, and everything afterwards pales in comparison because it's missing something your first had.

For me, it was Silkroad Online. Looking back at it now, it was terrible. Free to play, but with long queues to get on (with people who paid for the premium membership getting to jump the line), poor translation and localization, and the grind was so mindless that it basically encouraged botting. However, everything I tried to play after that just wasn't the same. "I wish it had the town warp feature" or "I miss randomly spawning mini bosses". Flyff was adorable, and WoW was... WoW. If I played either of those first, I might even still be playing them today. If you really want to enjoy the game, try to honestly judge it on its own merits, because you're subconsciously going to look for things wrong with it.

I enjoyed FF14 (Shantotto is love <3 ), but I've become a filthy casual in my old age. MMOs aren't for me anymore.

BunBunArt

Princess Bunny ♥
With MMOs, everyone loves their first, and everything afterwards pales in comparison because it's missing something your first had.

For me, it was Silkroad Online. Looking back at it now, it was terrible. Free to play, but with long queues to get on (with people who paid for the premium membership getting to jump the line), poor translation and localization, and the grind was so mindless that it basically encouraged botting. However, everything I tried to play after that just wasn't the same. "I wish it had the town warp feature" or "I miss randomly spawning mini bosses". Flyff was adorable, and WoW was... WoW. If I played either of those first, I might even still be playing them today. If you really want to enjoy the game, try to honestly judge it on its own merits, because you're subconsciously going to look for things wrong with it.

I enjoyed FF14 (Shantotto is love <3 ), but I've become a filthy casual in my old age. MMOs aren't for me anymore.

Oh no, it wasn't my first, I playes lots of years of ragnarok online (3 years), ragnarok online 2(4 months), lineage 2 (2 years), guild wars 2 (around 3 years) and a few months of wow... before I finally found Aion and got to play another 2 years :'D it just crushed my heart losing it like that x.x

(P.D. I tried out many others for few weeks, Flyff was one of them :D!!)

Sugarbomb

Well I'm just a filthy liar then :p

Flyff's artstyle was precious. I don't think I played it long enough to learn all the mechanics, though. Maybe like.. a third of the way to the level cap. Got high enough to get a broom, and saved up to get the most expensive one. I ended up quitting shortly after that.

BunBunArt

Princess Bunny ♥
Well I'm just a filthy liar then
Naaah you're not, I understand why you would think that it was my first, many people just judge without learning more but I did test many games before finding my favourite. I guess I felt so bad because it's not the same when you voluntary leave something than when you are fully enjoying it and they take it away from you. I always had that feeling of "incomplete", like if I needed a closure with that game. And I think I got it now, returning, getting disappointed and knowing it won't be as good as it once was :'D