• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Anyone Seen a Simurgh Sona?

Have you ever seen a simurgh fursona before?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Foxy Emy

*Mischivious Noises*
I was curious if anyone has encountered a simurg sona before.

A simurgh is a creature from Iranian/Persian mythology that is described as having the body of a majestic bird and the head of a regal canine.

I am considering using one as a secondary sona.

The reason I ask is because I have only been able to find one anthro piece of simurgh art after hours of searching.

simurgh_by_tenshiryuu-d5xlj8g.jpg

Firuthi Dragovic

Gamer Dragon, former speedrunner
Honestly, I think this is going to be the first time most people have even HEARD of a simurgh, let alone a 'sona version. You've hit a possible jackpot on unusual.

The art piece you reference there actually comes up pretty fast when I search for 'simurgh' normally, without mentioning fursonas or anthros at all. Not seeing much else in regards to anthro versions on a cursory search so I'll take your time frame of searching at your word.

I will say that if you want to use it as a secondary 'sona, make sure you know going in how much you want their design and such to reflect the myths.

Nadiafur

Sleek!
There are definitely a lot of... similar things floating around, like winged canines, but I think the birdlike limbs and tail are a cool touch! I do agree that most people have never heard of a simurgh though, so you could really have a unique character in the works :)

Skychickens

Late Healer Ferret
Ive seen similar but never anything that goes by that for sure.

Foxy Emy

*Mischivious Noises*
I'm thinking if I do one, I will need to decide which mythos to go with as it is presented in a variety of ways depending on which mythology you pick.

PercyD

Lover of Beasty Baes
Not something I've seen before, but if you ever want any more art, I'd love to draw it for you~.
Birbs are always choice.