• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Anyone want to work on a coding project?

I was wondering if anyone wanted to work on a code project.
The languages I a can do are html, css, javascrypt and python.
If you are intersted add me on discord - theCRAZYshow#3313, or just reply.
Thanks for your attention.

PoptartPresident

A teen chatter box
uuuh...actually.

Do you know how to code video games? Or are you even interested in such a thing?

Saiko

GTWT Survivor
Not to commandeer the project, but may I ask why C++? It's attractive to large companies for its potential efficiency; but there are much more effective ways to build indie games. If the goal is more educational, C++ might be a good idea; but I worry your project will ultimately putter out if your goal is to create a product.

PoptartPresident

A teen chatter box
Not to commandeer the project, but may I ask why C++? It's attractive to large companies for its potential efficiency; but there are much more effective ways to build indie games. If the goal is more educational, C++ might be a good idea; but I worry your project will ultimately putter out if your goal is to create a product.

No sir.
This it's a fan game (no profit). Not a product. So honestly no matter what happens, my team will at least have experience

I just like making the art for the game for the funsies.

Also I literally have zero idea how coding works. All I know is my buddy IRL who's really really smart says "I'll probably try out C++ but maybe not..." and that's all I know

Last edited:

ds777fighter

Commissioiner
No sir.
This it's a fan game (no profit). Not a product. So honestly no matter what happens, my team will at least have experience

I just like making the art for the game for the funsies.

Also I literally have zero idea how coding works. All I know is my buddy IRL who's really really smart says "I'll probably try out C++ but maybe not..." and that's all I know

Personally, I would suggest developing in C# with Unity, since there's plenty of tutorials online as well as a helpful community. Like if you know recent popular games, games like Snipperclips, Yooka-Laylee, Pokémon GO, I am Bread, etc. were done with Unity, so it's fairly competent and easier to pick up than just picking up C++ or Java or a language like that.

Kourii

Tigerfox
Personally, I would suggest developing in C# with Unity, since there's plenty of tutorials online as well as a helpful community. Like if you know recent popular games, games like Snipperclips, Yooka-Laylee, Pokémon GO, I am Bread, etc. were done with Unity, so it's fairly competent and easier to pick up than just picking up C++ or Java or a language like that.

Listen to this guy, he knows what's up. I've been working in C# with Unity for years and it is the ideal indie game development experience. You can start working in it even as a non-programmer, and they have endless sources of tutorial videos and documentation to help anyone with any problem.

Iovic

Or stick with C++ if you want to do anything with Unreal Engine, Source Engine (In fact, most engines are C++), the OpenGL libraries and the various variants of the Curses libraries (NCurses, PDCurses etc.). Having said that, there is a variant of Curses for C#, but the documentation was pretty threadbare last time I looked at it.