• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Applying Human Anatomy to a Furry Character

Athyr

Cuddle Bug
This has been so wonderfully helpful! I love how you break the anatomy down step by step. The legs and hands are always my weak points. This will so help me get back into everything and get my commission status going again! Thank you thank you thank you!

zacharida

Crazy people are me
omg thank you! it always bummed me out how terrible i am at proportions.

electricfurry

DON'T draw your fur like this; it looks ridiculous. This is just an illustration.

Knowing the grain of the muscle, and how the fur lies down on different parts of his body may seem kind of pointless at first, but it will help for some of the more odd angles you may draw. If I draw Nicholas lying on his side, I'd be outlining different bits of him than if I were drawing him at a straight-on angle. Those different would probably have different muscle masses that would affect his fur, if only slightly.

Great instruction on fur! The only thing I would have loved to be included is how to properly apply details to imply fur. Your last example shows what approach to avoid when adding detail but I wish I knew how to add detail in a more appealing way. My style is not as cartoony, which is why I need to get a good handle on portraying detail.

electricfurry

Your tutorials are amazing! They're some of the best I have seen, if not the best.

I couldn't view all of them though, which is disappointing because I really enjoyed the ones I was able to see. The pictures or links for the tutorials below would not display.
  • Genitals
  • Furry v Human: Hands and Claws
  • Making the Face more Human
  • Feet v Paws
If possible, can you please share them again so that people who view the thread at this time will be able to benefit from all of the the awesome tutorials you have shared?

sparkyfenix83

I NEEDED THIS SO BAD. Thank you :D i'm trying to get into doing a bit of furry art for my patreon, and cause so many times i have wanted to do it. xD <3

Arko90

Dragon Lover
Furry seems to be easier than human... OoO just hope it will help me

Davedd

aved
Anyone else having problems with "tiny pic" not showing images? this is a kinda old thread but its pinned so just wondering.

goodpuns

Weird dude, Terrible Artist
Does anyone know if there's an alternative to this tutorial that isn't, well, entirely lacking images?