• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Are all furries animal people?

brian577

You know, as in we like RL animals/pets. Most conventions sponsor an animal related charity of some kind and furries seem very concerned about animal welfare. Are there furries that don't like real animals?

Somnium

The Sparklewolf
Banned
Sure there are, but I'm not one of them. Of course I don't have the same feelings for all species. Also I eat meat.

PlusThirtyOne

What DOES my username mean...?
i don't actively hate or despise animals but for the most part, i'm terrified of strange animals. Unless of course they're cats or smaller dogs. i had some bad experiences with bigger dogs when i was a little kid so i prefer the smaller harmless kind. i don't like going the zoo or nature parks either, mostly because of the smell. i might think some animals i see on tv or online might be cute but i'd never wanna touch 'em. They gross.

i'm also not opposed to eating animals either, given they aren't grossly mistreated. i'm not even against eating dog. if i ever had the chance to try dog, i'd give it a whirl.

Sparrow-the-Wolfess

Commission Work: Short Story Writer
Anything is possible, sure. I love animals, though.

Though, I'm not entirely sure that an animal-hater would actively personify as an animal online or at cons, or even just to feel like one.

Then again, as I said, anything's possible.

Somnium

The Sparklewolf
Banned
i don't actively hate or despise animals but for the most part, i'm terrified of strange animals. Unless of course they're cats or smaller dogs. i had some bad experiences with bigger dogs when i was a little kid so i prefer the smaller harmless kind. i don't like going the zoo or nature parks either, mostly because of the smell. i might think some animals i see on tv or online might be cute but i'd never wanna touch 'em. They gross.

i'm also not opposed to eating animals either, given they aren't grossly mistreated. i'm not even against eating dog. if i ever had the chance to try dog, i'd give it a whirl.

I was terrified by dogs too, until I decided to spend a few hours online learning about their body language. And thus I discovered that most dogs don't want to rip your face off and if they do they will give a clear warning beforehand in most cases as opposed to humans.

Shameful_Cole

Shameful Idiot
Domesticated animals? Sure, I've grown up with large dogs my whole life. Wild animals I don't approach and don't usually care about. Bugs and stuff annoy the Hell out of me if they fly.

Nataku

Shapeshifting alien dragon
Yes I love animals, they're delicious!

Really though, I like animals, big and small. I've spent far more time around animals than I have humans, and I'm quite happy that way. The only species I'm not a big fan of are primates (gee look, what are humans?) and insects (particularly blattodea).

@PlusThirtyOne. Cat is way tastier than dog, if you ever get the chance.

Synthex

World's Okay-est Hybrid
I can't speak for everyone, but I am a HUGE animal person. I was always the kid who brought home frogs and injured birds. We nursed a lot of animals back to health in my childhood.

I can't really see anyone downright despising animals and being a furry, it seems.... counterintuitive?

PlusThirtyOne

What DOES my username mean...?
I was terrified by dogs too, until I decided to spend a few hours online learning about their body language. And thus I discovered that most dogs don't want to rip your face off and if they do they will give a clear warning beforehand in most cases as opposed to humans.
We'll i'm also a bit of a germophobe too. i don't like being licked or drooled on. Bigger dogs tend to drool more. Also, dogs stink. Of the pups that i've sniffed, the smaller ones tend not to stink. My mom's chihuahiua doesn't bother me at all when she visits and she licks drools and rolls around in my bed and i don't care. if ever my grandad's dog tried that shit, i'd clobber him. Maybe give that dog recipe a try...? Who knows. i've never had a pet of my own but i really want a shibe or corgi. i could see myself loving one of those but never a doberman or even a labrador. Too big. Too drooly.

Lunarmage

Banned from Tumblr
tumblr_lzdjy2aDiu1r2pxgdo1_400.gif
One of my few weaknesses.

brian577

Weird how people keep bringing up meat. I think a large majority of animal people would be massive hypocrites if being a vegetarian was a requirement, myself included.

Last edited:

Somnium

The Sparklewolf
Banned
We'll i'm also a bit of a germophobe too. i don't like being licked or drooled on. Bigger dogs tend to drool more. Also, dogs stink. Of the pups that i've sniffed, the smaller ones tend not to stink. My mom's chihuahiua doesn't bother me at all when she visits and she licks drools and rolls around in my bed and i don't care. if ever my grandad's dog tried that shit, i'd clobber him. Maybe give that dog recipe a try...? Who knows. i've never had a pet of my own but i really want a shibe or corgi. i could see myself loving one of those but never a doberman or even a labrador. Too big. Too drooly.

I never had a dog myself, but I think drooling and smell depends a lot on a breed and a diet to an extend. Even humans can stink and oh boy they do if you don't shower and change clothes everyday. And a bit of germs are good, they keep your immune system working.

Yakamaru

Mr. Villanous charm
I've always loved animals.

As for Furries in general liking animals, I'd say there are a larger portion of us that do. Other than that, I don't know.

Zipline

Noodle Fish
I actually have a pet spaghetti monster that I call Spazzio. He is probably offended that you would call him an animal. Just because part of him is made from a cow. He might be sensitive about that, but he has never told me. The only noises he makes are scraping noises when I take him for walks and he is too lazy to walk, and splorsh noises when I stir pet his thick luxurious noodles.
o.jpg

Fopfox

There's some furry species I like but I don't like the respective animal.

I'm pretty sure I'd hate foxes if I lived in an area that had them. I certainly hate raccoons and they're basically the same urban niche except they've got hands.

Dyrra

The toaster is laughing at me.
I imagine that most of us do in the fandom, it'd be a strange reality if we didn't ^^

Sometimes opossums hiss at me when i am sneaking around in the darkness. :p

And that's because they know you're about to steal their food :p