• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Are females better artists?

eversleep

Banned
Banned
I know this can apply to any fandom, but I've seen it on FA a lot too. See an artist you think is really good. Just out of curiosity, click their scrap section. Surprise, female.

Yes, I know there are good male artists too. It just seems like in modern art, females dominate.

Anyone know a probable cause of this?

Also, almost any shitty artist I see online who is above the age of 20 is male. :B

Dreaming

I'm not sure what the exact statistics are, there's no way of answering this one without getting into generalizations though. :p

Kellie Gator

Moral Minority
I wouldn't say they're better but they might be at least more well-reserved and not quite as obsessed with spooge. They're also commonly more stuck in the furry closet, but can you really blame 'em?

Schwimmwagen

I've seen good male artists and I've seen good female artists.

I've seen shitty male artists and I've seen shitty female artists.

/thread

Aidy

they call me yolo swaggins
I don't think the ability to draw is a gender specific thing.

Xipoid

Cameras
You might want to read about the differences in the female and male brains. It may answer your question about if there is a neurological explanation or just coincidental statistics.

L

LizardKing

This message has been deleted by CerbrusNL.

Reason
These forums are PG13. Keep them that way. Besides, a boyfriend can do that just as good.

Wait what? Giving this is about being a better artist, I'm guessing something about being good at using their hands for... things.

johnpm995

Wait what? Giving this is about being a better artist, I'm guessing something about being good at using their hands for... things.
I saw the post before it disappeared and... well, if you consider that it mentions to keep things under PG13, you can use your imagination bit on this one.

SnowFox

I still have the post in my cache :3

I think I got an infraction for re-posting a deleted post before though.

Onnes

The idea that females in general dominate modern art, and not just within the fandom, is rather comical.

eversleep

Banned
Banned
Dude, that's a no. I mean sure, then being able to use both sides of their brains could be helpful, along with the whole multitasking thing... so get a sex change :V
Sex changes only change hormones and exterior sex organs. Anything else interior stays the same. It wouldn't help if a guy got a sex change.

Namba

Sex changes only change hormones and exterior sex organs. Anything else interior stays the same. It wouldn't help if a guy got a sex change.
:V ... :V
Please tell me you saw that.

Aidy

they call me yolo swaggins

He mentioned hands and the male reproductive organs.

Ozriel

Inglorious Bastard
I watch a lot of female artists, but I've noticed that males draw more degrading things in and outside of the fandom moreso than females.

Archon

the Benevolent
I'd need to see some statistics first.

Last edited:

Sphinx

I know, in real life, about an equal number of male artists and female artists. A few more female artists than male but not significantly. They're all good at varying levels. When I think about it, though, on a personal observation, out of artists I follow online, they're almost all female.

Lobar

The hell am I reading, here?
One gender is not inherently better than the other at most anything, save for certain biological functions like breast-feeding. But women may be drawn to artistic pursuits more than men since they tend to be unfairly discouraged from and disregarded within other fields.

Archon

the Benevolent
I would be interested in seeing what people find. These kinds of topics fascinate me. And although somewhat not relevant, so does sexual dimorphism. Differences within and between species, are always fun to read about.

Last edited:

Schwimmwagen

One gender is not inherently better than the other at most anything, save for certain biological functions like breast-feeding. But women may be drawn to artistic pursuits more than men since they tend to be unfairly discouraged from and disregarded within other fields.

Some of those "other fields" with their female discouragement are pretty reasonable if you ask me. Look at jobs with heavy lifting, for instance. Lets start with a job as a drayman, someone who works in breweries transporting heavy kegs of beer. This job requires people to transport heavy kegs by hand, sometimes 2 at a time, and it put an awful load of stress on the body.

Now a woman could be strong enough to physically lift and transport these things, but by doing so they would most certainly damage e.g. their womb, and do alot more damage to their bodies than a man would. A woman's skeletal structure simply isn't designed to lift heavy weights. So, sure, a woman may be able to do the same job as a man, but she will find she does alot more damage to herself in the same circumstances as a man. Its how nature is, men are better off with heavy lifting, just like women are much better at say, multitasking.

Dreaming

Well, not exactly true, HRT triggers a lot of changes to the body, brain, e.t.c, depending on the dosage and period of time.

Zydala

Kisses for everyone!
Some of those "other fields" with their female discouragement are pretty reasonable if you ask me. Look at jobs with heavy lifting, for instance. Lets start with a job as a drayman, someone who works in breweries transporting heavy kegs of beer. This job requires people to transport heavy kegs by hand, sometimes 2 at a time, and it put an awful load of stress on the body.

Now a woman could be strong enough to physically lift and transport these things, but by doing so they would most certainly damage e.g. their womb, and do alot more damage to their bodies than a man would. A woman's skeletal structure simply isn't designed to lift heavy weights. So, sure, a woman may be able to do the same job as a man, but she will find she does alot more damage to herself in the same circumstances as a man. Its how nature is, men are better off with heavy lifting, just like women are much better at say, multitasking.

I think they were implying the sciences - engineering, mathematics, chemistry etc - not physical labor. Things that men and women can both do perfectly well except that the subjects are dominated by males and females in the fields and industries are bullied and are shown to have to compete twice as hard to be taken seriously.