• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Are furries usually defensive in public? :(

Unsilenced

Mentlegen
Maybe he just didn't like being approached by some random person asking if he was a furry? It's kind of a weird thing to just ask someone, though you'd think he'd see it coming wearing a t-shirt like that.

Last edited:

Volt-048

☢WARNING: High Explosives☢
Maybe hes dirt poor and got that shirt from good will.

Or maybe Furries killed his wife so now he has a blood lust for them, be he wears the shit as punishment for killing thousands of them in 48AD with his mech-suit "Lantron", hes been on the edge trying to tame his rage, and then you calling him a Furry pushed him over the edge, and those friends of his were the immortal tribe of elders debating on letting him dig up Lantron to let him once again slay the worlds Furries.

Maybe, You've doom'd us all.

PenningtontheSkunk

What is this internet?
I would of mentioned the shirt instead. But that sort of reaction it screams douche, he didn't know you; he could of had a little more courtesy and common sense.

Harbinger

The Last of Us.
I dont think i would ever go talk to a furry irl, unless they are female ^_^

But the guy probably was trolling or something, why else would he insult you with something his t-shirt practially claims he is?

Batty Krueger

DJ Nailbunny
Trolling, Americas new past time.

What ever happened to baseball and hotdogs?

Seriously the dude is a dbag you don't want anything to do with. As far as school goes ignore his ass unless he comes to you and says something like "I'm sorry for being a dick" and whatnot.

Sorry you had to experience that dude.

Last edited:
Idk, when I was asked that in HS by someone, I acted ignorant even though it was obvious by my art class drawings. I was kinda paranoid in HS seeing as how I was often a victim of harassment (not even about being a fur, but if word spread...)

Later, I didn't even notice that the guy who asked me earlier was playing D&D with our group and he asked again (not infront of the others) saying it was cool and that he has his own fursona. He probably didn't catch the innocent nature of your question TC. If he does try to pull some **** on you, spread the word on the truth before you lose control on the situation. Remember, the more a large lie is told, the more likely people are to believe it. Fortunately, the same holds true with the truth. So not only mention that you yourself are one and that the perceptions of furries are total bull, mention that this person was wearing a furry convention shirt in the mall. It will disarm his attacks because it will be outing him as well.

burakki

As far as I know, no. I met one in Nintendo World the other day, but I never knew he was a furry until we started talking about interests on Skype when we came back home. He was really friendly too.

Seriously? I was there on Saturday after walking through central park. I guess i missed ya :/

Armaetus

Nazis, Communists and Antifa don't belong on FA
hedgehog_of_fareuthyrr: Censorship is unnecessary.

MrSynndicated

Speaking just for me, Yes. I've actually gotten into fights a few times cause people found out were I lived back in south dakota. It's like I turned into the devil or something, I had to get defensive since I'm not gonna let them beat me down, furry or just myself.

RyanLuck

So here's a little follow-up...

At the end of 7th period (today, Monday), I was just hangin' out at the back of the room when the same guy from the mall came up to me. He sat next to me and said, "Hey, uhh... sorry for what happened the other day. My friend and I wore that shirt to see if any furries would notice and wanna come chill with us and stuff... but then we met up with some friends from school who were SUPER anti-furry. They asked us what our shirts meant and we said, 'Oh, they're furry shirts and were just here to make fun of some fur fags!!!' So then they told me to go sit alone until a furry came up to me, so that they could watch and make fun of you. I'm so sorry I didn't want to I only did it to protect my reputation..."

I just kind of gave him a what-the-fuck-were-you-thinking face and said, "So you're a furry? And you wore an Anthrocon shirt in public, not expecting to see anybody you knew at the mall on a weekend?"

He looked super embarrassed and red-faced, and then after a minute or so he said, "Yea, and I'm so sorry man, I really didn't want to."

I felt so bad for the poor guy... so I told him that it was alright and everything like that then we hugged it out, now everything's explained and all better :D

Eske

Don't believe the mask...
Aww, I'm glad to hear you got an explanation from the guy. :) It's a shame he felt pressured to act like such an asshat, but at least he approached you to make up for it.

Punnchy

Feed Me Pizza
Sounds like an uncommon response to me. While I know furs do things that get them bad reps all the time, this one was probably not trying to be a douche bag and has no tact when it comes to opening up to the idea of a conversation.

Glad you got an explanation though :3

Carnie

so I told him that it was alright and everything like that then we hugged it out

The hell?
Something like this would have never happened back in my high school.

GnR

Maybe hes dirt poor and got that shirt from good will.

Or maybe Furries killed his wife so now he has a blood lust for them, be he wears the shit as punishment for killing thousands of them in 48AD with his mech-suit "Lantron", hes been on the edge trying to tame his rage, and then you calling him a Furry pushed him over the edge, and those friends of his were the immortal tribe of elders debating on letting him dig up Lantron to let him once again slay the worlds Furries.

Maybe, You've doom'd us all.

This ^