• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Are human beings animals?

Animals or not?

• Total voters

Viva

Now with 90% more of 90% less
Please read the OP. Ya'll are not allowed to use biology.

Ah, right. I read that yesterday but I must have forgotten. lol

The only difference between humans and animals is that we have technology. And even then, other species still have some forms of technology. *shrugs*

We're better at solving problems, I guess. And we wonder "why."

other than that, yes we are animals.

Kit H. Ruppell

Exterminieren! Exterminieren!
I swear I'm not. I'm trying to get you to think.
The most common situations in which one bothers to express the idea that "we" are better than "them" is when one is a. trying to justify an act of cruelty , or b. trying to trivialize an act of compassion.

Aleu

Deuces
Of course we're animals. With biology, without biology, it doesn't matter. We don't think that much differently at the core.

LindsayPL

That statement is meaningless without saying what is better developed. In terms of strength, speed, ability to hold our breath, ability to go without drinking, regeneration etc we are inferior.

We are developed better, because we can think normally about what we do. We've got dreams, plans and we can love. Animals life is focused on instincts.

Tao

Hare Boi
The human idea of an animal is something with low intelligence, something inhuman, and/or something crude. That's why violent people and such are called animals. So, following the human concept of the word animal, humans are not animals. Inventing this concept is what humans do to separate themselves from animals. Of course, following the literal meaning, humans are still animals.

BRN

WTB Forum Mod Powers
Hardly. Biology and psychology is all we have; and in terms of either, we're lesser.

RedFoxTwo

Sarcastic Lurker
Question is confusing. We are inescapably animals and our brainpower is a biological construct. If you want a more philosophical answer, I can't provide it - I'm just a biologist.

OTaintedLoveO

glowing objects! :D
i think we're not. maybe cuz we were given the ability to actually think and reason. well.... now that i think about it.... >.>

BRN

WTB Forum Mod Powers
i think we're not. maybe cuz we were given the ability to actually think and reason. well.... now that i think about it.... >.>

Are you implying no other species has the capacity for thought, or reason? That seems fallacious. What you consider thoughts are just your reactions to perceptions; electrical signals in your brain. There's no blank volume, with a man floating inside, talking to himself in your head. What is the difference between the electrical impulses in your brain, and the electrical impulses in another species' brain?

Consider the lab rat, and its ability to learn to solve puzzles.

Kit H. Ruppell

Exterminieren! Exterminieren!
"Thought" and "reason" are not absolutes. Why is that so difficult to understand? What next, the "soul" argument?