• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Are Humans Animals?

Are Humans Animals?

• Duh

Votes: 55 88.7%
  • No

Votes: 4 6.5%
  • Not exactly

Votes: 3 4.8%

• Total voters

Cocobanana

Imo humans aren't better or worse than other animals. Contrary to what some religious folks would like you to believe, we do not have greater importance than a fly, a cat, or an eel. Maybe we are more important to each other, since humans help humans more often than other creatures do, but that's it.

Then again, I'm no all-knowing God, so I'm open to considering other opinions... this is just where I stand right now.

Charrio

Artistic Mouse
What do you mean? Are humans animals.
Humans if you mean biologically are omnivorous primates with exceptionally high intelligence.
We made tools and rocketed to civilization thanks to our social habits, but these habits also brought everything human.
Love, Joy, Family, Play, Jealousy, Hatred, Boredom, Curiosity, Kindness, Cruelty, Fear and all the emotions we know of.
The good and the bad are all part of ourselves and to think we can can just discard them is stupid and foolish.

But Biologically speaking we are animals, we adapt the world not we adapt to it anymore tho.
Scientifically Accurate Flintstones
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WLrM8wx6Bk

Cocobanana

What do you mean? Are humans animals.
Humans if you mean biologically are omnivorous primates with exceptionally high intelligence.
We made tools and rocketed to civilization thanks to our social habits, but these habits also brought everything human.
Love, Joy, Family, Play, Jealousy, Hatred, Boredom, Curiosity, Kindness, Cruelty, Fear and all the emotions we know of.
The good and the bad are all part of ourselves and to think we can can just discard them is stupid and foolish.

But Biologically speaking we are animals, we adapt the world not we adapt to it anymore tho.
Scientifically Accurate Flintstones
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8WLrM8wx6Bk

There is plenty about the world we are unable to satisfactorily adapt, whether it be natural disasters or deadly viruses or even produce pests. Just because we murder other animals, or segregate them to extinction, doesn't mean we're above them morally.

Charrio

Artistic Mouse
There is plenty about the world we are unable to satisfactorily adapt, whether it be natural disasters or deadly viruses or even produce pests. Just because we murder other animals, or segregate them to extinction, doesn't mean we're above them morally.

Morals have NO place in Nature, no spider sits there should i Kill this fly.
We are animals who think are higher so we can justify things in our minds

Morals only apply to other animals of the same type.
Like one chimp needing another so they develop morals to work together and form
close bonds. Other animals are prey or competition

Last edited:

Hakar Kerarmor

PRAISE THE EMPEROR
No, humans are a freaky kind of fungus, duh.

Harbinger

The Last of Us.
We're all just animals, nothing more, nothing less.

Volkodav

Dad****er
We are animals who have responsibility to care for nonhuman animals because we are fortunate enough to have advanced intelligence

PheonixDragon

We're animals because we ain't vegetals, rocks or mushrooms, duh.

Charrio

Artistic Mouse
We are animals who have responsibility to care for nonhuman animals because we are fortunate enough to have advanced intelligence

I don't think we can take care of ourselves to be honest, we fail miserably in any form of planetary keeper.
Greed being one of our main traits and always being rewarded in life and society I don't think we will last another two centuries

CaptainCool

Lady of the lake
Of course we are animals.

Kingdom: Animalia
Phylum: Chordata
Class: Mammalia
Order: Primates
Suborder: Haplorhini
Family: Hominidae
Genus: Homo
Species: H. sapiens

That is our place in the animal kingdom. Our bodies work the same way as any other animal, we emerged through evolution like any other living being and we share a common ancestor with all other living things.

There are just two key differences between us and other animals:
First of all, our social structure is more complex than that of any other animal.
And second of all, we have the ability to directly shape and influence the world around us because we use advanced tools and because our brain has the ability to process information far better than other animals can do it.

To put it simple: The creature at the top of the food chain is still part of that chain.

Misomie

Lazy Artist
The kingdoms are animal, plant, fungus, old bacteria, and new bacteria (of course these are just the simle names for them). People might make jokes about humans falling under other kingdoms but they are animals. For those that believe that people are their own thing, it's kinda like how some people think that bugs being in the animal kingdom is just dumb; aka, stupid. People have what makes them special just like other animals have their own special traits.

Unsilenced

Mentlegen
Worth noting, we aren't actually necessarily at the 'top' of the food chain. We've just kind of gotten hard to fuck with in most places over the years. When we don't have walls and machineguns, plenty of animals will attack young humans, and in some cases even try to take down adults if they stray too far. There are also cases when animals attack humans when we /do/ have walls and machineguns, but those are usually particularly batshit/angry animals, not normal behavior for a species. Technically, since pretty much any species is also potentially food for us when we're desperate enough, we're not below them on the food chain either, but I would reckon more lions wake up planning to eat humans than humans wake up planning to eat lion.

Mmmm, lion.

Astrium

King of the Noodles
Worth noting, we aren't actually necessarily at the 'top' of the food chain. We've just kind of gotten hard to fuck with in most places over the years. When we don't have walls and machineguns, plenty of animals will attack young humans, and in some cases even try to take down adults if they stray too far. There are also cases when animals attack humans when we /do/ have walls and machineguns, but those are usually particularly batshit/angry animals, not normal behavior for a species. Technically, since pretty much any species is also potentially food for us when we're desperate enough, we're not below them on the food chain either, but I would reckon more lions wake up planning to eat humans than humans wake up planning to eat lion.

Mmmm, lion.

Just sayin', I would totally eat a lion.

PheonixDragon

jtrekkie

Feathered
Because the classification is arbitrary, and looks like it's staying that way for a while yet, we are whatever we wish to be. The distinction is irrelevant.

Cocobanana

If I had known the answers would have been so one-sided in a furry forum I wouldn't have even bothered making this poll. I have seen tons of people around the fandom who say humans suck and animals rule, as if humans aren't also animals.

Alexxx-Returns

The Sergal that Didn't Vore
If I had known the answers would have been so one-sided in a furry forum I wouldn't have even bothered making this poll. I have seen tons of people around the fandom who say humans suck and animals rule, as if humans aren't also animals.

Using humans/animals as an expression is the status quo. It's too long and fanciful to say "other animals" (the more correct term), it's just what people say.

Sorry but... what did you expect us to say? That humans are rocks? Or plants? (That would be cool). There is nothing to debate here, absolutely nothing. Humans ARE animals, fact. End of.