• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Are my friends lightweights or am I a freak?

Krysch

Myself, I can handle a dozen or so shots of spirits like vodka/rum/whisky etc. and be fine, have a lucid conversation, walk straight, everything else; but on the other hand, only two or three drinks with bubbles in them, and im bouncing off the walls like a psycho.

I think largely it does come down to liver strength (average one processes a standard drink per hour) and metabolism, but then there are also other factors, alcohol is a diuretic, and so i think as your brain gets dehydrated that tends to amplify the delirium actually caused by the alcohol, I've noticed that myself and friends exhibit less effects of being drunk when we are better hydrated. Some people also seem to deal better with inhibited senses than others, if you blindfold a bunch of people and spin them round till there dizzy, some will just manage better.

D

DorotheaH

I normaly handel alcohol well, but this weekend I sort of crossed a line and had several visits to the bathroom. However I am told I don't need to much to get a little bit tipsy....meh

DeCatt

Parking Lot Enthusiast
I just added it up and the big drink I describe in the OP is 14 standard drinks.
Shit.

Krysch

On a side note, did you have any reaction at all, especially several hours+ after, dehydration even?

DeCatt

Parking Lot Enthusiast
On a side note, did you have any reaction at all, especially several hours+ after, dehydration even?

Nope. I was feeling a bit buzzed towards the end, but that was mainly just laughing more.

Edit: I made a mistake last post, should only be 10.

Last edited:

Ozriel

Inglorious Bastard
I can metabolize Whiskey better than most hard Alcohols. Tequila? Nope.

S

Sar

Careful there mate...

I'm Australian.

And i'm Irish/ Scottish/ German

and I am Scottish and I have social responsibility.

But I'm not a casual drinker really, I prefer the taste of soda to booze. Beer is good, vodka is brilliant and that's it. However, I don't ever get that extremely drunk at all, beyond tipsy. What DeCatt said their friends drink is literally not much. I've been to enough house parties and drinking times with friends to know when drinking is just plain stupid.

These days been more and more to being straight edge I guess (never done the other stuff it's part of) since soda tastes good and is cheaper than vodka. I don't get drunk easy and I don't tend to drink much anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zan'theros

Fiery Wanderer
Sarukai said:
I prefer the taste of soda to booze... soda tastes good and is cheaper than vodka.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that would take a soft drink over alcohol at any given moment. Pass the Mountain Dew, screw the Miller Lite, I say.

Ya know, I've never actually drank anything alcoholic, save for a little red wine at a Passover celebration. And I don't think I'd ever do more than that.

sniperfreak223

More Metal Than You !!!
What about us folks that prefer the taste of soft drinks with alcohol? I'll rarely drink soda unless it's spiked...unless that soda is Ginger Ale, I love that shit, with or without whiskey.

Benji

HOMO CRUSADER o.O
What about us folks that prefer the taste of soft drinks with alcohol? I'll rarely drink soda unless it's spiked...unless that soda is Ginger Ale, I love that shit, with or without whiskey.

I love soda. I love alcohol. Mixing the two doesn't really work for me--just tastes gross. It's sobriety or SHOTS!

powderhound

I start to lose coordination and sensation in parts of my body after a glass of anything stronger than the average beer.

A couple of glasses of wine or the equivalent will make me sleepy and numb,

Then add Yeager Meister + a Jell-O shooter and you may need a red panda to lean on, lol..

Don't sell yourself short. All things considered you hold liqueur and defy gravity surprisingly well. Panda is impressed. Must be the antigravity boots.

Faolan

I came, I saw, I lagged out
OP, you're not alone, I have to go through three quarters a liter of vodka or other liquor to get truly drunk, anything less and i can keep going. everyone handles the stuff differently, it actually kind of sucks, i wish two beers did it for me, i wouldn't feel like i was doing real damage to myself to get drunk on a friday night, but hey, it usually means that i get to watch everyone else look like a fool when i'm perfectly fine.

Ayattar

Banned
Banned

Well, I must say that ginger beer is my favourite. Ginger beer with mint or basil leaves... Or with basil extract. Delicious.

Ozriel

Inglorious Bastard
Well, I must say that ginger beer is my favourite. Ginger beer with mint or basil leaves... Or with basil extract. Delicious.

Ginger beer is awesome, though I tend to add sliced lemons and lime in mine.

Conker

Destroyer of Nazi Teddy Bears
I'm glad I'm not the only one that would take a soft drink over alcohol at any given moment. Pass the Mountain Dew, screw the Miller Lite, I say.

Ya know, I've never actually drank anything alcoholic, save for a little red wine at a Passover celebration. And I don't think I'd ever do more than that.[/COLOR]
Dismiss it all without trying any of it!

Though Mt Dew is way better than Miller Lite.

A coke without rum is broken :3