• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Are starting these games worth it?

Kanic

The Dog Faced Soldier
Since I'm in Iraq, I've missed out on a lot of good game titles. The two I most hear about is Left 4 Dead and COD WaW

However, I know that Left 4 Dead 2 and the next COD Modern Warfare game is coming out very soon. So I'm wondering. Would it be worth getting the above mentioned games even if I am a bit behind the times?

Last edited:

Takun

Wof Wof Wof Wof Wof
I say wait on Left4Dead. I'm guess when 2 comes out they'll sell it on Steam really cheap anyway. Or there will be a free weekend to play it when you can experience a lot of it.

Term_the_Schmuck

Most Interesting Man on FAF
Modern Warfare 2 is going to be a direct sequel story-wise to the first game so unless you're really into story then you probably don't need to. But you'll miss out on some epic moments like escaping from a sinking ship, watching a nuke go off, running through the ruins of Chernobyl on a sniper mission, and shooting 105 shells out of a gunship. And at $20, it could be worth it. I'm sure people will still be playing the multiplayer into the release of the second game.

J

Jelly

CoD WaW and Modern Warfare 2 are from two different sub-series.
WaW is WW2, Modern Warfare 2 is (duh) modern.
Modern Warfare 2 is the sequel to CoD4. And, honestly, I just went back and played CoD4 and it really wasn't that impressive. I doubt it will be necessary (as they'll likely clue you in on background), but the sniper level was hella fun.

L4D is a lot of fun. L4D2 is going to be the same with melee weapons, I doubt they'll change much aside from that. And L4D doesn't really have a story, so you don't have to play the first one to get the second. Though, I recommend you do, its pretty much the only multiplayer game I play anymore.

KaiFox

NHL 11...you don't understand.
World at War is unrelated to Modern Warfare 2, and in my opinion, COD4 was better than WaW. So my advice is you don't bother with WaW, and rent Left 4 Dead, you know, give it a test run. Heck, you'll probably beat it within a day. It's not worth the purchase. Same with L4D2. Don't bother buying it, just rent it (unless you plan to play it a lot). But definitely buy COD4MW2. No second-guessing.