• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Are there any books pertaining to the furry fandom?

Day Coydog

Cute, Pink Eyesore
I have been looking for around three hours and have found one book that mentions the fandom, but it only has one chapter dedicated to it.

The reason why I need to find books about the fandom is because for Senior Literature we have to write a report and immediately I knew I wanted to do it on us... The problem is that I need to have at least two book sources.

If anybody knows of any books (not comics or fanfic) it would be amazing if you could tell me of any, thanks much!

MicheleFancy

Navigator Mabel

Day Coydog

Cute, Pink Eyesore
Thank you very much, Michele.

If anybody has more books, that would be great, the more, the merrier.

MicheleFancy

Navigator Mabel
You're welcome!

Just out of curiosity, are you looking for more academic resources or just general books on the fandom?

The Redwall Series written by Brian Jacques. Amazing books and he even gets into the accent of each species. Molespeak is fun.

The Sight and it's sequel Fell are both splendid books. Both written by David Clement-Davies. They are feral more so than anthro, but just as good.

Teal

Squirrel
The Redwall Series written by Brian Jacques. Amazing books and he even gets into the accent of each species. Molespeak is fun.

The Sight and it's sequel Fell are both splendid books. Both written by David Clement-Davies. They are feral more so than anthro, but just as good.
He wants books about the fandom. A fantasy series won't help him.

Oi~ I like this one. Kimba the White Lion has always been on my to-read list (must be pretty good if Disney ripped it off), but some of the other ones look like good reads too.

This one looks like bullshit on crap. I stopped reading at "parallels with gender identity disorder."

Butters Shikkon

Patron Saint of Queers

I too almost put Redwall. XP Wicked makes better use of them though.

Carry on with your regularly scheduled fandom thread.

MicheleFancy

Navigator Mabel
This one looks like bullshit on crap. I stopped reading at "parallels with gender identity disorder."

I think they were comparing the wide variety of people in the fandom, but I didn't actually read it. I just saw they had a huge resource section at the bottom that he might use with books and stuff.

Day Coydog

Cute, Pink Eyesore
Are you sure that's a good idea?
Yes. it is a topic that I find interesting and want to learn more about...

Sadly, the sources shown already will not count as books, they have to be either physical books or like ebooks, not internet or news articles... I doubt that anybooks have been made (and have even joked that I would write and publish two books just to use them in the essay).

I think I might just have to do it on music (house, electronic, and/or dubstep).

Day Coydog

Cute, Pink Eyesore
No. I had already looked that one up and she said no... I think I'm just going to have to do it on something else, btw, I love your avatar.

Batty Krueger

DJ Nailbunny
Sorry to say but I'm pretty damn sure there aren't any books about the fandom. If there was I would know and or own it.
To be honest your better off choosing another topic like music that you mentioned. I understand that you want to write about furries but there isn't enough legitimate sources for it.

Day Coydog

Cute, Pink Eyesore
Yeah, I figured out what I'm doing it about... this may seem provocative but I'm going to do a report about the Church of Satan. after listening to an interview by the high priest of Satan I found it very interesting and almost harmless: [video=youtube;0sehy8lp200]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sehy8lp200[/video]