• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Are there any furries here who dislike anthro characters?

Judge Spear

No. There aren't.

That is the only requirement for being a furry. Having an interest in anthropomorphic beings. If you don't like them, then you aren't a furry.

It is literally that fucking simple.

Dear lord.

Edit: That's not to say you aren't welcome here by any means. It's just... you aren't a furry.

This is why his name suits him. Saliva breaks down the needlessly convoluted into something simple for our minds to handle much like actual saliva breaks down food for our stomachs to easily digest.
The brilliance of this choice in name is awe inspiring. The world owes much to Saliva.

[/thread]

Schwimmwagen

This is why his name suits him. Saliva breaks down the needlessly convoluted into something simple for our minds to handle much like actual saliva breaks down food for our stomachs to easily digest.
The brilliance of this choice in name is awe inspiring. The world owes much to Saliva.

[/thread]

It's because he likes it when I spit on him.

[/thread]

I... wow... holy shit.

That's an ingenious analogy.

Fucking sigged harder than a mund Freud.

MochiElZorro

Self-Appointed FAF Bitchmuffin
I love how people completely missed the point of the post. Not sure whether that's hilarious or just plain sad.

Hey guys. OP means anthro as in HUMAN-LIKE IN APPEARANCE. If you could just get your heads out of each other's bums for one minute and think, you'd at least be able to wrap your heads around that much. I mean seriously, do you guys come here just to troll, or are you seriously that thick??? At this point, this thread might as well be for nothing other than making your post count go up by saying how dumb the OP is and how genious anyone who disagrees with him is.

Sorry if I sound like an ass, but this kind of thing just peeves me off.

Troj

Your Friendly Neighborhood Dino Therapist
Bottom line, I like my media to commit to an approach--meaning, if they're going to be talking or intelligent ferals, they need to behave like feral animals, and if they're anthro, they need to have a justifiable, consistent balance or mix of human and animal traits.

Consistency is the key.

I also like it when it's clear that somebody's done their homework on the animals they're representing, so that there's something meaningful about being a badger-person, versus a hawk-person, what have you.

I love how people completely missed the point of the post. Not sure whether that's hilarious or just plain sad.

Hey guys. OP means anthro as in HUMAN-LIKE IN APPEARANCE. If you could just get your heads out of each other's bums for one minute and think, you'd at least be able to wrap your heads around that much. I mean seriously, do you guys come here just to troll, or are you seriously that thick??? At this point, this thread might as well be for nothing other than making your post count go up by saying how dumb the OP is and how genious anyone who disagrees with him is.

Sorry if I sound like an ass, but this kind of thing just peeves me off.

We know.

We just think OP's a dumbass for not knowing his terms.

Raspberry

Potatoes.
I thought liking anthropomorphic animals was the point?

Depends. I know furries who prefer their characters completely and utterly animal, no anthropomorphization whatsoever. I've seen people get upset because the Walking With Dinosaurs 3D trailer gave the dinosaurs human-type thoughts.

But to be a furry means you like animal characters.

These are furry characters

Bambi+screen1.jpg

As much as these are

three-caballeros.jpg

Last edited:

Troj

Your Friendly Neighborhood Dino Therapist
I've seen people get upset because the Walking With Dinosaurs 3D trailer gave the dinosaurs human-type thoughts.

If we're both thinking of the same thing, I am one of those people.

If you're going to be a documentary, strive to be a documentary. If you want to make Land Before Time XVI: Is That Flaming Rock In the Sky Getting Bigger, Or Is It Me?, then by all means, have at it.

If you're going the documentary or educational route, you're certainly allowed to speculate about the thoughts and motivations of another creature, but going all cutesy-poo only serves to make a mockery of the creature you're attempting to educate people about.

But, you're talking to someone who's annoyed by Animal Planet's "Surprisingly Human" slogan. I believe a more appropriate slogan would be "Animal Planet: Because Not Everything's About You, Dipshit."

Last edited:

Ranguvar

But, you're talking to someone who's annoyed by Animal Planet's "Surprisingly Human" slogan. I believe a more appropriate slogan would be "Animal Planet: Because Not Everything's About You, Dipshit."

My god you are awesome. If you were a man, I'd totally date you.

Last edited:

Falaffel

Depends. I know furries who prefer their characters completely and utterly animal, no anthropomorphization whatsoever. I've seen people get upset because the Walking With Dinosaurs 3D trailer gave the dinosaurs human-type thoughts.

But to be a furry means you like animal characters.

These are furry characters

Bambi+screen1.jpg

As much as these are

three-caballeros.jpg
But....
No.
Feral animals is a subfandom under Furry.

Btw i hate that I have to call normal animals 'Feral'.
Furry is specifically for anthropomorphic animals but it's been fucked and abused so much that basically anything fits now.

BRN

WTB Forum Mod Powers
"Fucked and abused"

o_O

There's honestly something wrong this forum if any of you sincerely believe that the OP was unclear or wrong,

or if you think that distinct names for distinct styles of anthropomorphication is a bad idea,

or if you actually think that ferals and humanoid characters should just be flattened under an all-consuming banner of 'ANTHRO' and that we're somehow not allowed to make a distinction,

because ???????? has somehow been 'fucked and abused'.

stop looking for things to pretend to be annoyed about

everyone is tired of people pretending to be annoyed about things that we all know they literally don't actually care about

Falaffel

"Fucked and abused"

o_O

There's honestly something wrong this forum if any of you sincerely believe that the OP was unclear or wrong,

or if you think that distinct names for distinct styles of anthropomorphication is a bad idea,

or if you actually think that ferals and humanoid characters should just be flattened under an all-consuming banner of 'ANTHRO' and that we're somehow not allowed to make a distinction,

because ???????? has somehow been 'fucked and abused'.

stop looking for things to pretend to be annoyed about

everyone is tired of people pretending to be annoyed about things that we all know they literally don't actually care about

I think you took my comment a little to far but regardless.

So.
Is like, the Furry fandom just anything animal related now? I was just under the impression that Furry was a fandom for anthropomorphic animals that often accepted feral stuff.
We need an arbitrary definition for our arbitrary fandom.

Charrio

Artistic Mouse
Do we need to classify it at all?

Just love whatever, furry is for us to get together and BS about stuff we like or want to see.
Your thinking way too much, just enjoy your hobby and maybe you will find someone here in the fandom who shares the same likes, make a friend and smile ;-)

Human

The "fuzzy human with an animal head" thing, I'm ok with to a degree. Hell, most of my characters are plantigrade, human-frame types.
The thing that drives me nuts is when the distinct traits that make a particular animal recognizable are ignored in favor of a typical human frame.
The biggest offenders on FA seem to be otters, weasels, ferrets and so on. Make the torsos or necks a bit too long for human proportions for god's sake!

Raspberry

Potatoes.
If we're both thinking of the same thing, I am one of those people.

If you're going to be a documentary, strive to be a documentary. If you want to make Land Before Time XVI: Is That Flaming Rock In the Sky Getting Bigger, Or Is It Me?, then by all means, have at it.

If you're going the documentary or educational route, you're certainly allowed to speculate about the thoughts and motivations of another creature, but going all cutesy-poo only serves to make a mockery of the creature you're attempting to educate people about.

I hate Animal Planet too. Nat Geo Wild is superior to what AP has become.. I'm currently under the impression that the documentary's trailer was just a trailer. The movie will be less Dinosaurs and more Walking With Penguins.