• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

are there any straight edge furs on this site?

Zerig

So Graceful and Phallic
Banned
Straight edge... It is how I was raised.
I wish that I could say the same for many people, but I guess that being civilized is not a priority for some...

Not only did you dredge up an awful thread, you did it with the worst post yet in the thread.

Quite the accomplishment.

Armaetus

Nazis, Communists and Antifa don't belong on FA
I like how the OP posted passive-aggressive/inflammatoryish crap in the first post after all of this.

Krieger

De Oppresso Liber
Well Zerig,
I apologize for offending you. Clearly I was not thinking about how bad the repercussions would be if I tried to continue a conversation.
:V

Zerig

So Graceful and Phallic
Banned
Well Zerig,
I apologize for offending you. Clearly I was not thinking about how bad the repercussions would be if I tried to continue a conversation.

I'm not offended at all. I'm just saying that it's not very good to continue a conversation by being a snarky little shitass, like you did.

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
Implying that say, not abstaining from alcohol makes you uncivilised is obviously rather silly. I've had alcohol since I was a child and have never been drunk or used alcohol irresponsibly.

Whether or not you restart the conversation is of no significance, it's your 'I'm better than all of you' attitude which has rubbed people the wrong way.

Ozriel

Inglorious Bastard
I like how the OP posted passive-aggressive/inflammatoryish crap in the first post after all of this.

It's like reading a Twihard's post on Gaiaonline or Neopets.

I'm not offended at all. I'm just saying that it's not very good to continue a conversation by being a snarky little shitass, like you did.

Calm your keister, my dear Cheetahman!

Well Zerig,

There's a difference between contributing to a conversation, and contributing with a "holier-than-thou" attitude. That smugness could have been left out and just stated that you enjoy sobriety.
Zerig's post is pretty apt.

Last edited:

Ozriel

Inglorious Bastard
But if I don't keep arguing with him, how will he make more stupid posts for entertainment?

Insult his mother and send emails with goatsee as the attachment.

Zerig

So Graceful and Phallic
Banned
Insult his mother and send emails with goatsee as the attachment.

I don't think that would be a very good idea, he sounds pretty badass. He might kick my butt:

"About FangTheWolf

Biography:
I am that shy guy who is capable of more than you could possibly imagine. That guy who lives two lives, one seemingly week, one stronger than possible. Stay on the good side.Fair warning."

Ozriel

Inglorious Bastard
I don't think that would be a very good idea, he sounds pretty badass. He might kick my butt:

"About FangTheWolf

Biography:
I am that shy guy who is capable of more than you could possibly imagine. That guy who lives two lives, one seemingly week, one stronger than possible. Stay on the good side.Fair warning."

Roll a troll and you won't have that problem. :V

Krieger

De Oppresso Liber
Honestly, I was just putting in my two cents. I was in no way trying to be snarky or portray myself to be better than anyone else.
You just took what I said and twisted it to fit your immature intentions.
I'm not angry, but maybe you should think a little more carefully before you say something. It must be easy for you to misinterpret things. I see no part of my post being 'holier than you'. I am just giving a personal example.

Zerig

So Graceful and Phallic
Banned
Honestly, I was just putting in my two cents. I was in no way trying to be snarky or portray myself to be better than anyone else.

But you flat out called anyone who isn't straight edge uncivilized.

That's pretty hard to take any other way besides "I'm better than you"

Krieger

De Oppresso Liber
I am not calling the people who aren't straight edge uncivilized...
I was saying that there are people that I know that are not straight edge and are OBSCENELY uncivilized.
Is that clear?

Zerig

So Graceful and Phallic
Banned
I am not calling the people who aren't straight edge uncivilized...
I was saying that there are people that I know that are not straight edge and are OBSCENELY uncivilized.
Is that clear?

If you had said that in the first place we could have avoided so much trouble.

Also, I doubt whether or not those people are straight edge has anything to do with how civilized they are. In fact uncivilized people would be the most straight edge of all, because they have no access to most drugs.

Krieger

De Oppresso Liber
... When I say uncivilized I don't mean people who live in the middle of a jungle. I am talking about rude people with no regard for others, quite like the people I go to school with.
And why did you make such a big deal about this? Do you pray on newer members and get a kick out of trying to be right and put someone down?
Really...
Like I said, I am not mad. I am willing to forget all of this. It is okay, it was a simple misunderstanding that snowballed.
These things happen.
Are we good?

Symlus

Sophisticated Snake
I feel bad knowing that I share a name with this guy's FA page.

SilverCat

I like how not being straightedge makes you uncivilized.
I guess accepting the choices of others just isnt a priority for some... :V

Ixtu

The beer analogy is more like a metaphor than to be taken literally, in my view. It's a shame if someone decides not to be friends with someone over a choice of drink...but at the same time, I'm not going to lay awake at night fretting over the idea that someone I don't know won't be friends with me over my drinking habits.
If someone's willing to pass up a friendship over such a silly thing i probably don't really care to be their friend anyways, at least until they get over that silliness.

Hinalle K.

Banned
Banned
I like how not being straightedge makes you uncivilized.
I guess accepting the choices of others just isnt a priority for some... :V
Yes,I accept your choice not to be a proper gentleman.

I thought it was common knowledge that all non-straight edges are lowlifes unworthy of the refined man's attention until proven wrong.
I'd never befriend a drunk, or an addict.

BRN

WTB Forum Mod Powers
This thread used to worry me, I'll be honest. I just didn't understand the mentality of being straight-edged. But now it just seems to me like it's another abitrary category to perform the "us versus them" mental mindgame.

It's totally fine to avoid inebriation and intoxication by choice; why throw a label on it, why roll it into a lifestyle?

Sure, I suppose making a dogma out of these personal choices help you stick to them - but why is it important to stick to them? They're personal choices, and people should leave themselves free to reevaluate them - so that day by day, as you choose to avoid inebriation and intoxication, you continue to find the value in doing so.

Making a label out of it turns that opportunity for progress into a valueless religion, by avoiding the question of "why should I abstain" and just tortologically answering "because I'm straightedge", rather than considering the benefits and drawbacks in an adult and rational manner.

In short, can we just live in a world where people make their personal choices because they want to, rather than eliminating the value of a personal choice by slapping labels on them?

Last edited:

SilverCat

Yes,I accept your choice not to be a proper gentleman.

I thought it was common knowledge that all non-straight edges are lowlifes unworthy of the refined man's attention until proven wrong.
I'd never befriend a drunk, or an addict.

Honestly, i dont drink or do drugs. Just reading through the opinions of others, im really tired of seeing people who are judgmental enough to put themselves above others because of their opinion on the subject. Its the same sentiment as conservative extremists saying that gays are less because they are gay. Its silly to think of someone as any less than you because they dont meet your set of beliefs. I wouldnt befriend an addict or a drunk either, but thats because those who abuse substances are destructive people. Abuse is different from use because it damages people social and physical parts of their life. Simply using something doesnt make them an addict or a problem or any less of a good person.

Hinalle K.

Banned
Banned
This thread used to worry me, I'll be honest. I just didn't understand the mentality of being straight-edged.
What's not to understand? We're better people than you.
This thread exists so we can prove our superiority over you...addicts.

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
I am reminded of the time my ex, who claimed to be t-total, encouraged me to get drunk at a party.
I had a bottle of beer but I chose not to consume enough to be intoxicated.

Not that I cared about whether or not she was t-total, it was just a litte humorous. Of course I think I can understand why she decided not to abstain from alcohol- the party was really boring.

[seriously it was scifi fancy dress and half the people turned up with tin foil wrapped around their wrists as if it was a valid costume :c]