• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

are there any straight edge furs on this site?

ITBJ

i is present :3 i feel late to this party but i am here none the less!

Troj

Your Friendly Neighborhood Dino Therapist
Straight edgers abstain from drugs, alcohol, and promiscuous sex?

I thought that was called being in grad school :haw:.

Azure

100% organic vegan hubbas
wow i forgot what a pile of shit this thread was

straight edge, by losers, for losers. its the most copout instant identity, adopted by people who dont have realistic access to the things they are so set against. just add x's and a dose of special snowflake syndrome, and you have 90% of the straight edgers out there. the other 10% i bash violently at punk shows while im high on crystal meth. and the 1% that stay it when they reach college? they turn into the lonely freaks they were destined to become.

Last edited:

mapdark

Fluffy as a shaggy carpet
Ok , so I fell on this thread randomly.

What the heck is wrong with you people?

You know , at one point in my life , I was straight-edgish . I didn't want to drink , didn't want to have casual sex and never touched a joint.

And you know what that made me? The boring person. You know , that guy who ALWAYS refuses to join into any kind of social drinking or the occasional pot smoking?

I'm NOT saying go out there and smoke/drink/fuck everything you see/do hard drugs.

I'm saying that having this attitude where you WILL NOT EVER EVER try out at least the lesser ones is fucking annoying.

Drugs other than weed will always be a no-no because I know some of them are horribly dangerous. But DRINKING THE OCCASIONAL BEER is NOT going to kill you!

When you go to a party and stand in a corner refusing to sip a bit of champagne or having a drink (some of them are light in alcohol BTW) , you just stink up the place with an anti-social aura.
It's rude and honestly , it makes everyone else feel like crap because you seem to have this holier-than-thou attitude.

And when you say you're proud of NOT having "promiscuous" sex , you're basically telling the ones that DO that they're a bunch of sluts.

L

lilyWhite

Wow, generalizing much?

People are not automatically "boring" because they don't want to drink or do drugs. There are plenty of other things that can make a person interesting or fun to be around, and many people don't need alcohol or drugs to be enjoyable company.

People are not bad in any way simply because they have no interest in drugs, alcohol, or promiscuous sex. The overwhelming majority of these people do not have no interest in these things merely to spite or act "holier-than-thou" towards others. They simply don't have any interest in these things. Frankly, I'd be far less turned off by someone who doesn't want to drink in a social setting than someone who thinks that refusing to drink makes someone "anti-social".

I can say that I'm proud of not having promiscuous sex, not because I think people who engage in casual sex are "sluts" but because I don't want to engage in promiscuous sex. It's not something I'm interested in, and frankly, I don't care what consenting people do amongst themselves.

The irony is that your attitude towards "straight-edgers" is exactly the same as the attitude you claim that "straight-edgers" have towards people who partake in alcohol, drugs, and/or promiscuous sex.

mapdark

Wow, generalizing much?

People are not automatically "boring" because they don't want to drink or do drugs. There are plenty of other things that can make a person interesting or fun to be around, and many people don't need alcohol or drugs to be enjoyable company.

People are not bad in any way simply because they have no interest in drugs, alcohol, or promiscuous sex. The overwhelming majority of these people do not have no interest in these things merely to spite or act "holier-than-thou" towards others. They simply don't have any interest in these things. Frankly, I'd be far less turned off by someone who doesn't want to drink in a social setting than someone who thinks that refusing to drink makes someone "anti-social".

I can say that I'm proud of not having promiscuous sex, not because I think people who engage in casual sex are "sluts" but because I don't want to engage in promiscuous sex. It's not something I'm interested in, and frankly, I don't care what consenting people do amongst themselves.

The irony is that your attitude towards "straight-edgers" is exactly the same as the attitude you claim that "straight-edgers" have towards people who partake in alcohol, drugs, and/or promiscuous sex.

No , I'm just saying that ALWAYS refusing the drink for the sake of NOT drinking is retarded.

If you said you didn't want to drink because you have an addictive personality and you WOULD exagerate the intake of alcohol , I'd be fine.

Saying you don't want to drink alcohol , don't want to have sex or don't want to smoke pot because
"it makes you proud to resist the demons of booze and sex" is retarded and sort of makes me think of those sexual purity types.

Most straight-edgers use the straight-edge thing as a way to feel less-flawed than the rest of the people and THAT is fucking rude.

As for the being boring and rude thing , YEAH you ARE boring and rude if you hang out at a party where alcohol is flowing and don't accept anything offered to you on the basis of straight-edginess. I mean , you KNOW it's not because it would make you sick , or fucked up. Nah it's just "I am a better person because I don't drink".

And again , as someone said a few pages back , I CANNOT understand how someone can be proud of something they DON'T do.

Last edited:
L

lilyWhite

No , I'm just saying that ALWAYS refusing the drink for the sake of NOT drinking is retarded

As for the being boring and rude thing , YEAH you ARE boring and rude if you hang out at a party where alcohol is flowing and don't accept anything offered to you on the basis of straight-edginess. I mean , you KNOW it's not because it would make you sick , or fucked up. Nah it's just "I am a better person because I don't drink".

Or, you know, they just might not like alcohol.

mapdark

Or, you know, they just might not like alcohol.

Then just SAY so.

But don't stand around acting like you're better than everybody because you don't drink.

That's the part of it that pisses me off.

NOT DRINKING is not a freakin' achievement. (Unless you are a former alcoholic).

So identifying as straight-edge and using it as a reason NOT to drink just makes the person saying it sound very very pretentious.

I mean , take me for example . I don't kill prostitutes I meet on the street . Should I make up a whole label over the fact I don't beat up whores on weekends because of this?

Fuck no. It's retarded.

Hinalle K.

Banned
Banned
No , I'm just saying that ALWAYS refusing the drink for the sake of NOT drinking is retarded.

If you said you didn't want to drink because you have an addictive personality and you WOULD exagerate the intake of alcohol , I'd be fine.

Saying you don't want to drink alcohol , don't want to have sex or don't want to smoke pot because
"it makes you proud to resist the demons of booze and sex" is retarded and sort of makes me think of those sexual purity types.

Most straight-edgers use the straight-edge thing as a way to feel less-flawed than the rest of the people and THAT is fucking rude.

And again , as someone said a few pages back , I CANNOT understand how someone can be proud of something they DON'T do.
You're exactly the kind of person that annoys me.

Ooh, I'm disturbing thy peace because I don't wanna drink that piss? I'm not rude for not wanting to drink, YOU'RE rude for expecting me to , and forcing me, and going as far as insulting me if I don't.
I don't like drinking simply for the sake of not liking it, not because of some superiority complex bullshit. I don't see why I couldn't have just as much of a good time as anyone at social conventions.

If you want non-drinkers to respect your decision to drink, you should at the very least respect their decision not to.

mapdark

You're exactly the kind of person that annoys me.

Ooh, I'm disturbing thy peace because I don't wanna drink that piss? I'm not rude for not wanting to drink, YOU'RE rude for expecting me to , and forcing me, and going as far as insulting me if I don't.
I don't like drinking simply for the sake of not liking it, not because of some superiority complex bullshit. I don't see why I couldn't have just as much of a good time as anyone at social conventions.

If you want non-drinkers to respect your decision to drink, you should at the very least respect their decision not to.

If that's the case then WHY do you even LABEL it?

Why is there a NEED to label yourself as straight-edge and act all proud on it?

If someone doesn't feel the need to prove something and act like they're different or superior they don't give a NAME to something.

Just the fact that you label yourself as "straight-edge" is giving out that message that you consider yourself to be on another level compared tot he rest of the world.

Maybe you don't CONSCIOUSLY do it. But that's how you make it sound.

And I'm not going to force ANYBODY to drink alcohol. But don't act all high and mighty in my face and saying you're "insert-label-here" as a reason to refuse what I offer to you.

Just say you don't like it and leave it to that.

Hinalle K.

Banned
Banned
Oh, I'm not straight-whatever. My reasons for not wanting to do it are mostly cultural, I've been raised this way. Maybe when I'm outta this place I'll give it a try someday.
I was just pointing out not all non-drinkers are like that because they feel they're superior,since it seemed like were hinting such.

mapdark

Oh, I'm not straight-whatever. My reasons for not wanting to do it are mostly cultural, I've been raised this way. Maybe when I'm outta this place I'll give it a try someday.
I was just pointing out not all non-drinkers are like that because they feel they're superior,since it seemed like were hinting such.

I was talking about people identifying as straight-edge only.

There's a difference between being straight-edge and just being a non-drinker.

Kind of like there being a difference between being a virgin and telling everyone you're a virgin as if it makes you a better purer person.

It's all ion the delivery. You don't want to drink at a party , fine. You don't want to drink at a party and let everyone know WHY , not ok.

Azure

100% organic vegan hubbas
Wow, generalizing much?

youve never met a straight edger, have you? also pride doesnt work that way. not doing something is not an accomplishment. you may as well say you have pride in never murdering somebody, or pride in not having gone skydiving. its bullshit. nobody cares that you dont drink or do drugs or whatever the fuck, but it ISNT AN IDENTITY. dont wanna drink? just say no. dont wanna durgz? just say no. dont wanna sex? SAY NO. dont make a shitty mini culture out of being a complete dick about it to others who do. it doesnt help that the tiny minority of sXe people who are militant are also white supremacist nazi fucks. bunch of fucking skinhead losers.

Last edited:

Troj

Right.

I find building one's identity around drugs, alcohol, or fucking rather odd to begin with, and building one's identity around not doing drugs, alcohol, or fucking stranger still.

Either way, I don't get all the fanfare and hullaballoo. I don't do drugs because I personally enjoy being lucid and alert, and because I the health and legal risks are unacceptably high in my book. I rarely drink alcohol because, again, I usually prefer to be lucid and alert, and because I can still have fun without it. I rarely engage in promiscuous sex because I often don't have time or the energy, and I don't want to deal with the additional drama, stress, and health risks that sometimes come with it.

I'm not trying to make any kind of "statement," nor assert any kind of "identity" when I make these choices. I'm simply doing what I think is best, healthiest, and most comfortable for me.

When it comes to things like sex or alcohol, I can choose whether to abstain or partake in a given moment or a particular situation, based on the context, my mindset, and the people present.

I might have contempt for people who are making the wrong choices from my point of view, but only because I see how those choices are hurting those people and/or those around them, and not because those choices mean that those people belong to a different "tribe" than me.

These are the choices we make for ourselves, based on (in theory) what we believe is best for us. It's just that simple--or rather, should be.

Aleu

Deuces
Wow you guys suck at reading comprehension.

Not liking something is not the same as 'TTLY NOT DOING IT BECAUSE FUCK YOU IMPURE SAVAGES".
Not liking booze and therefore not drinking it is fine. Not everyone can stand the taste of alcohol. Not everyone has a good tolerance for it.
Same with drugs.
Sex is also a personal choice. If they're single, they might not want to run the risk of diseases. If taken, well should be more obvious.

However as was mapdark was saying but you lot are too fucking stupid to comprehend is that these people are not straight-edge because they don't make it part of their identity. You're not straight-edge if it's just something you don't happen to be a part of. You're straight-edge if you think it matters and that it makes you a better person.

A

Ansitru

It's all ion the delivery. You don't want to drink at a party , fine. You don't want to drink at a party and let everyone know WHY , not ok.

The thing is, I often have to explain why I don't drink (don't like alcohol at all), because people keep forcing it on me as "Try this, it's delicious. TRY IT!" and "You don't drink? WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?!".
You'd think they'd be happy that there's more alcohol for them with one less drinker, but no. Apparently you're not "fun" and "outgoing" unless you learn to stomach something you absolutely don't like the taste of, as alcohol is the END ALL BE ALL of all social gatherings.

Personally, I don't go around telling people I'm a straight-edger, I don't even label myself as one. People, however, apply the label to me when I politely refuse what they offer me in terms of drinks or drugs as "Oh, you're one of those, aren't you?". Well golly gee, alright then! And people wonder why I don't like going out.

Aleu

Deuces
The thing is, I often have to explain why I don't drink (don't like alcohol at all), because people keep forcing it on me as "Try this, it's delicious. TRY IT!" and "You don't drink? WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?!".
You'd think they'd be happy that there's more alcohol for them with one less drinker, but no. Apparently you're not "fun" and "outgoing" unless you learn to stomach something you absolutely don't like the taste of, as alcohol is the END ALL BE ALL of all social gatherings.

Personally, I don't go around telling people I'm a straight-edger, I don't even label myself as one. People, however, apply the label to me when I politely refuse what they offer me in terms of drinks or drugs as "Oh, you're one of those, aren't you?". Well golly gee, alright then! And people wonder why I don't like going out.

No one here is about forcing others to do anything.

A

Ansitru

No one here is about forcing others to do anything.

Well, obviously. It's a forum on the internet. I was talking about when I go out IRL and why I do explain why I don't drink, even if it's as short as "Don't like it.".
My apologies if that wasn't clear in my comment.

Troj

I notice that a genuinely surprising number of people become extremely uneasy when I turn down a drink.

I can see the wheels turning furiously in their heads, and based on their weird, stiff, awkward, uncomfortable follow-up comments and questions, I get the impression that they think I'm a) a total teetotaler who has some deep moral objection to alcohol, b) that I am judging them as we speak, and c) that I must be a closet religious fanatic, because why else wouldn't a person drink? and d) oh god oh god when is she going to start preaching at me like a crazy person?

It's bizarre.

When you turn down drugs, people just think you're a square, but the response there tends to be more pity than discomfort.

ITBJ

whats wrong with you people why cant you hold your negativity back? plus did you never learn to respect others opinions?

Umbra.Exe

Revolver Snocelot

This is almost exactly the problem I seem to have. At parties I'm sometimes offered alcohol, and when I refuse, or even tell them I'm underage (I am, but sadly that won't be a valid excuse for much longer) they usually keep trying to convince me to drink. Even my own brother has tried to get me to like it. No matter what it's mixed with, it tastes terrible to me.

Anyways, I'm getting a bit tired of people trying to convince me to like something I genuinely don't like.

I actually didn't know that there was a "label" for people like me. I posted in this thread because I found that interesting. Even now that I know though, I still don't call myself that either. One of my friends has put the label on me though, because I kept declining his offers of cigarettes. He was pretty polite about it though. I suppose it's because I don't judge him for smoking, and so he doesn't judge me for refusing to smoke.

At first I thought some of the posts above were saying that all people who act "straight edge" are boring, superior jerks, but I think what they mean is that most people who say they're straight-edge and make a big deal of it are. However, I doubt many "straight-edgers" tell people that's what they are, they probably just say they don't like alcohol/drugs/what have you and leave it at that. But I can't speak for everyone, of course.

Also, I don't see why people get upset and perceive straight-edgers as thinking themselves to be "superior", and then they call the straight-edgers names as well. Aren't they guilty of acting superior too? I don't think either side should be acting this way though... It's simply a matter of what you do or do not like. I wish everyone could just leave it at that, and move on.

Kvasir

Zumba!!!
I would be a straight edge :3 well said by the way I personally don't much appreciate being dissed or dissing others... we are what we are right ;p

ITBJ

You must be new here
very new and i thought people in a fan base that isn't very "accepted" today, would at least have more understanding people than normal... i guess in a way you can escape the nuisance of microcosms being prevalent. :*