• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Are you a dog or cat person?

Are you a dog or cat person?

• Total voters

Xitheon

The cat's mother.
Cats are clean and easy to house-train, so cats, definitely. I love dogs, but I find it hard to live with them because they're big and destructive and messy and I have OCD.

Sam Akuchin Wamm

Roundworm In Goat Guise
Me to the animals:
What purpose do you serve?

Goat:
I have an abundance of milk and hair. Drink my milk and wear my hair to stay warm.

Me:
Valid.

Dog:
I will protect you and the other animals from harm.

Me:
Also valid. Cat?

Cat:
Err.. I look cute.

Me:
You have a monkey face.

Cat:
What?

Me:
You face is like a monkey. Is that why humans think you're cute?

Cat:
I guess.

Me:
I'm not a monkey though.

Cat:
Err.. I can catch pests.

Dog:
I do that too.

Cat:
I can climb tall things and be a look out.

Goat:
I do that too.

Cat:
I err..

Me:
Are you trying to steal food right now?

Cat:
*Starts running.

Me:
Get back here you hooligan!

Kellan Meig'h

Kilted Luthier
You left out "Horse" from the list, although I'm cat person, too. Well, maybe I'm the cat's person. Or staff. Or her warm lap. Or the d00d that feeds her.

Red Racoon

Aright, my 'ansum?
My answer to this is - yes.

From my experience owning both, my dog shows me more love and misses me more when I leave. However, required more maintenance in terms of taking out etc. As a cockapoo she also needed constant hair care - and was literally an apricot coloured trail hoover. She never came home looking the same colour. And you could often pull her own weight of detritus out of her fur.

My cat thinks I am a puny human mortal who must bend to her every whim, such as feeding her and maybe given her tummy skritches. But only when she deems it required.

Also - as my sona is also a cat the answer would be I am literally a cat person.

Kellan Meig'h

Kilted Luthier
And, my alternate fursona is León de Montaña, an anthro mountain lion. He kind of predates Kellan Tormod Meig'h, the Old Warhorse.

So yeah, horses and cats. Not really a dog person, though. My first wife liked chihuahuas, the smaller the better. Pecos, her first one after we married, would grab my pants leg and keep shaking his head until he would tear the fabric. At that point, he would let go. All of my pants were wrecked by this four legged destruction machine.

Around 1981 or so, a friend was staying with this eccentric family of nuts save for one of the sons. The family dog was running loose on the property and for no reason at all, bit me on the meat of the thigh, hard. Brought blood. I asked if the dog has had his rabies shots and the mom bundles the dog into the car and splits. Ended up in the ER, getting what would be the full four doses of vaccine and explaining to the police what happened. Mom hid the dog and she did thirty days in jail to protect that ill-tempered mutt. Naturally, they kicked my friend out.

So, that's why I'm not really a dog person. I mean, my second wife and I had Sheba, a Siberian Husky and Alaskan Timber wolf mix, 50/50. She was cool, just laid around most of the time when she wasn't digging up the back yard or barking at the mailman. when she died of an inoperable cancerous tumor, we gave up on dogs. We have three cats right now and that's plenty.

Kit the fox

I am a proud therian! (And a furry) :3
My answer to this is - yes.

From my experience owning both, my dog shows me more love and misses me more when I leave. However, required more maintenance in terms of taking out etc. As a cockapoo she also needed constant hair care - and was literally an apricot coloured trail hoover. She never came home looking the same colour. And you could often pull her own weight of detritus out of her fur.

My cat thinks I am a puny human mortal who must bend to her every whim, such as feeding her and maybe given her tummy skritches. But only when she deems it required.

Also - as my sona is also a cat the answer would be I am literally a cat person.
That makes sense

Red Racoon

Aright, my 'ansum?
That makes sense

What I’m more concerned about is the whole ‘pets are like their owners’ mantra.

The cat clearly shows I’m special in the head. While the dog is just some scruffy carefree doof (yeah that’s not far from the truth sometimes, Plus - I come back from walks equally muddy).

Story time. Lilly (the doof dog) once really upset a rather posh set of walkers in a wood in Cornwall by running from me ful chat and like full on paw planting their white trousers whiles more muddy than this. She launched to above waist height and - dragged back to their knees. It was that thick, unctuous, peaty goop you get in really boggy areas. Full of who knows what - you can kinda smell it before you see it :D. I probably looked like a really irresponsible owner (I had TRIED to stop her, honest), but part of me was like - serves you right for walking in a wet autumnal Cornish wood in WHITE FRIGGIN TROUSERS.

Attachments

• 709BF970-8DEF-4AEA-A1CE-F30432EF731D.jpeg
    709BF970-8DEF-4AEA-A1CE-F30432EF731D.jpeg
    108 KB · Views: 19
  • CD55C745-F47B-4605-AD8B-4FE418477E1E.jpeg
    CD55C745-F47B-4605-AD8B-4FE418477E1E.jpeg
    687.3 KB · Views: 18

Chomby

Fart in the Wind
I love cats. They are baby.

ben909

vaporeon

Telnac

Fundamentalist Heretic
Cat person all the way. I like dogs in moderation, provided they're well behaved and owned by someone else.

Pomorek

Antelope-Addicted Hyena
Cats, most definitely. I don't mesh well with dogs, to say the least. It's hard to find ones that I'm not afraid of or annoyed with. It also doesn't help that in my country dogs are usually untrained and ill-behaved, while the idiot owners let them run loose. *angry hyena snarl*

Chomby

Fart in the Wind
Meow mow mrreeeeoooww mow.

Meow?

JuniperW

Birb Fanatic
Cats and dogs are both cool. I'm an animal person :p
Some of my relatives have dogs, which are always fun to be around. I have two cats, and they're both sweethearts when they're not going absolutely bonkers.

JuniperW

Birb Fanatic
Wait, you have a pet fox?
There are projects with the goal of domesticating foxes. It's pretty interesting, although my first choice for any kind of canine pet would be a dog. Better to get an animal that's been working with us for thousands of years than one we've only recently sought to domesticate.