• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Are you going to celebrate November 23rd?

CannonFodder

Resistance is futile! If 0 ohm
November 23rd is "buy nothing day", the rules are pretty simple, on that day buy absolutely fucking nothing.
Oh sweet I have that day off, I'm thinking of after school go fly a kite up to the highest height, or do something.

CannonFodder

That shouldn't be too difficult seeing as I don't have much money
You and me both.

I'd have to say the majority of americans celebrate this and don't even realize it :V

Corto

What? Fuck no, it's my birthday. I'll buy whatever I want in my birthday.

Also, "don't buy anything day"? Who invented that?

Jude

U1 S7 P106
I buy nothing daily.

Today I slept in bed until two, did yardwork, ate some food that was lying around, and browsed the internet.

CannonFodder

What? Fuck no, it's my birthday. I'll buy whatever I want in my birthday.

Sorry Corto looks like you're one of the people who get shafted by holidays :V
I love you.
You know you're like the thirtieth person to tell me this on FaF.

moonchylde

He's like, this guy, you know?

First I heard of it was years ago in Adbusters magazine, which was (ironicly, in my opinion) devoted to anarchistic graphic designers. It's basicly an anti-capitalism holiday designed to combat the infamous "Black Friday" sales that traditionally follow American Thanksgiving.

Personally, I won't be out shopping that day, but that's less to do with "down with capitalism" mentality and more "self-preservation" mentality. Last time I went to a Black Friday sale I was literally nearly trampled... some fat bitch pushed me onto the ground in the rush for the newest Dora the Explorer toys, and I would have been trampled if I hadn't rolled under an endcap shelving unit. After that, some bitch tried to steal my niece's Christmas present out of my cart, and I had to bust her hand with my walking stick (I have bad knees, FYI).

Corto

You americans and your made up holidays centered around the idea of buying are craaaazy.

moonchylde

He's like, this guy, you know?
You americans and your made up holidays centered around the idea of buying are craaaazy.

Other countries have state religions, we just made ours Capitalism. All praise the holy dollar...

... then again, they often center on buying food and giving away candy, so it's not all bad.

Sauvignon

aynil
Oh sweet, so it's pretty much like every other day of the year except this time I'm supposed to be happy about it?

Adelio Altomar

Rat-Sized Superiority Complex
My mom's b-day is that day so I'm afraid I'll have to pass. :C

Not to mention that's a Tuesday! I get half off on pepperoni rolls at Double Dave's! :D

(Yo, what is wrong with these smilies lately?)

CannonFodder

Oh sweet, so it's pretty much like every other day of the year except this time I'm supposed to be happy about it?
Trying going outside, don't worry you won't catch on fire, just sparkle :V
Other countries have state religions, we just made ours Capitalism. All praise the holy dollar...

... then again, they often center on buying food and giving away candy, so it's not all bad.
Give glory to the mighty dollar, for none shall make thou currency other than the own greater than thee.

Sauvignon

aynil
Trying going outside, don't worry you won't catch on fire, just sparkle :V

Give glory to the mighty dollar, for none shall make thou currency other than the own greater than thee.

I was outside all weekend. It was cold. That is the opposite of fire. Thanks.

Kommodore

well what is it?
A whole day where you are not supposed to buy anything in an effort to spite capitalism?

Just for that I think I will head on down to Walmart and get myself some Coca-Cola. If I am lucky they may even have some the kind with cane sugar in it.

Xipoid

Cameras
Is there an overarching point to avoiding purchasing things for a whole day? On that note, I always liked "Don't Drive" Day. I wonder whatever happened to that one.

...head on down to Walmart and get myself some Coca-Cola. If I am lucky they may even have some the kind with cane sugar in it.

What crazy bizarro world do you live in

Aleu

Deuces
First I heard of it was years ago in Adbusters magazine, which was (ironicly, in my opinion) devoted to anarchistic graphic designers. It's basicly an anti-capitalism holiday designed to combat the infamous "Black Friday" sales that traditionally follow American Thanksgiving.

Personally, I won't be out shopping that day, but that's less to do with "down with capitalism" mentality and more "self-preservation" mentality. Last time I went to a Black Friday sale I was literally nearly trampled... some fat bitch pushed me onto the ground in the rush for the newest Dora the Explorer toys, and I would have been trampled if I hadn't rolled under an endcap shelving unit. After that, some bitch tried to steal my niece's Christmas present out of my cart, and I had to bust her hand with my walking stick (I have bad knees, FYI).
and people wonder why I hate humanity...

Catilda Lily

May all your bacon burn.
I don't think I will. I would like to eat that day.

CannonFodder

Is there an overarching point to avoiding purchasing things for a whole day? On that note, I always liked "Don't Drive" Day. I wonder whatever happened to that one.
What crazy bizarro world do you live in
Not really, it's pretty much a "go the fuck outside and enjoy life" day.

Easy to answer, everyone that did "don't drive" day called in sick to work.

CAThulu

In FAF CAThulu lies dreaming..
November 23rd is "buy nothing day", the rules are pretty simple, on that day buy absolutely fucking nothing.
Oh sweet I have that day off, I'm thinking of after school go fly a kite up to the highest height, or do something.

Sure, if the large hadron collider doesn't tear the earth a new arsehole on Tuesday :)