• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

ARE YOU GUYS OPEN ABOUT BEIN A FURRY ?

Darkwing

I never "openly" admit my furriness.

But I like to leave "hints" of it until someone finally asks me a question.

CalexTheNeko

Tiny Kitten
I'm relatively open about it, can't say I've really done anything to hide it.

Actually I've turned several of my friends into furries, which was weird as I'm apparently contagious. It usually starts when someone starts greeting me with meow online and then spreads from there. o.o;

My parents don't know, mostly cause they don't know much about me anymore these days. :p I know my girlfriend knows because she helped me pick out my ears and tail. She thinks I look cute in stripes. ^_^

So yeah, I guess I'm very open about it. o.o;

WolfTailz

only like 3 people know about my furryness because of us playing a game of secrets lol

jazzcat

just jammin'
actually this is just like me

Same here, except nobody actually asks me. I guess I leave pretty subtle hints, but I guess none of my friends either no anything about furries or wouldn't care either way.

Although I do have a suspicion that one of my friends is a furry because he made a random reference to them while hanging out. Never asked him about it though, but I guess that will be in due time.

pheonix

back'n up back'n up
If someone asks me "hey are you a furry" I reply "yes", other then that it's my little secret. It's not smart to go around screaming "I'M A FURRY! I'M A FURRY!"

Yakamaru

Worshiper of Monster
I've not really told anyone that I'm a fur, except for a few online friends, whom i trust. When i told them, they were surprisingly accepting about it.

The only problem, is real life. I'm not telling anyone that I'm a fur, most definitely not my family, as they would most likely freak out.
Well, maybe not my mom, she's already accepted the fact that I'm different from anyone else, both in my personality, and hobbies/likes and dislikes.

Apart from that, no one knows that i watch Hentai, either, 'cept for a few online friends.. They'd prob freak out about that fact, too.. :p

Lulu_Neko_Lucy

Maybe I Could Be...
I don't flaunt it but I am not ashamed to honestly answer 'yes' when asked about it.

Doubler

I told a few friends. Apparently the only one who felt weird talking about it was me :p
As for everyone else: I won't lie about it, and I don't work to hide it. There's no shame, but it is more-or-less private.

Phoenix6780

Will cuddle if provoked
I just told my Mother, and the end result was great. I can now express my Furryness in the house! No more hiding :p

(Woot for open minded loving moms!):cool:

I am somewhat open about it though..

Yakamaru

Worshiper of Monster
I don't really hide it, i just don't tell my folks. If they ask me if I'm a fur, then i will most likely say "Yes, i am a fur".

If no one asks, i won't tell.

DJ-Fragon

My closest family members know a bit, but other than that, no. I'm a bit of a private person, so I don't go around talking about what I do in my private life, including my activities in the furry fandom.

Lulu_Neko_Lucy

Maybe I Could Be...
I just told my Mother, and the end result was great. I can now express my Furryness in the house! No more hiding :p

(Woot for open minded loving moms!):cool:

I am somewhat open about it though..

I could never tell my parents if only because I wouldn't know how to explain to them exactly what a furry is without them misunderstanding.Besides lol I don't think that my grandmother can take much more disappointment (she's prejudice) one of her four grandaughters is a lesbian, one is married to a felon, one is aspiring to be a hooker and I am a furry...

I could never tell my parents if only because I wouldn't know how to explain to them exactly what a furry is without them misunderstanding.Besides lol I don't think that my grandmother can take much more disappointment (she's prejudice) one of her four grandaughters is a lesbian, one is married to a felon, one is aspiring to be a hooker and I am a furry...

Lulu: "Grandma, there's something I have to tell you... I'm a furry."

Grandma: "... Yiff in hell furfag >:[ "

Kayote

-pokes Jalean- x3
Lolz. My parents found out when I told them I am going to a Furry Convention with my boyfriend...who is a furry.
Now my mom gives me a calm lecture telling me to not "yiff" in the house, but "scritching" is okay. So yeah, I kind of am already open about that. If people don't like it, I guess...that's how it will be. LOL

Gestinatio

If someone asks me "hey are you a furry" I reply "yes", other then that it's my little secret. It's not smart to go around screaming "I'M A FURRY! I'M A FURRY!"

jazzcat said:
Same here, except nobody actually asks me. I guess I leave pretty subtle hints, but I guess none of my friends either no anything about furries or wouldn't care either way.

Sounds like a plan.

Tatsuyoujo

Super Special AWESOME!
I'm not a furry ,but i don't think it's anything to be ashamed or proud of. It's just who you are.

Lolz. My parents found out when I told them I am going to a Furry Convention with my boyfriend...who is a furry.
Now my mom gives me a calm lecture telling me to not "yiff" in the house, but "scritching" is okay. So yeah, I kind of am already open about that. If people don't like it, I guess...that's how it will be. LOL

I wish I could express in words how hilarious the mental image I got from that is to me :V .

Also it raises the question, where is it OK to yiff?

Last edited:

Dibbun

DibbyKitty
I'm open to my friends and my Parents.Though I don't push the issue with people I don't exactly know very well. Co-Workers/ClassMates at School.

It's not exactly like being a furry is coming out of the closet kind of deal. I consider it the same as saying I am a video gamer and love Halo 3 :p