• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Are you guys perfectly okay with a story about bug people?

HistoricalyIncorrect

Shekel collector
My story is full of alcohol, war, suffering, sex, politics and history. I do not think buggies will bug others ;)

Whimsycal

The whimsical clown
I think they are cool. Sure a lot of people fear bugs but I think is not the same as when seeing them in art.

I

Infrarednexus

Bugs are not that common in our fandom, and making a comic about them is sure to get a lot of attention. I like the idea. Anthropomorphizing insects will also make real life insects more appealing to people when they are reminded of your work, so they will be less terrifying to many.

I definitely support you.

Daithi Aaron Radcliff

X rated and animated
I feel that we should never discriminate from any type of insects or animals because we all have a story as all I can say is it shouldn't matter if it is an insect or not only if the story is worth reading.

Baalf

Will accept free hugs and tummy rubs.
Personcl udingally, I welcome media that stars non-humans, including bugs.

Dongding

The sheep
I think it will see less success than if it were not bugs.

Personally I would be less inclined to check it out under the pretense that bugs are the theme than if it were fluffy animal people.

But that's just me, and I'm just a single person so I don't know.

Fruitythebeetle

Goes by kappapeachie now
I think it will see less success than if it were not bugs.

Personally I would be less inclined to check it out under the pretense that bugs are the theme than if it were fluffy animal people.

But that's just me, and I'm just a single person so I don't know.

that's your opinion, and i respect it. I'm kind the oppsite. i jsut don't really like overy cute things save for sheep. sheep are cute.

Baalf

Will accept free hugs and tummy rubs.
that's your opinion, and i respect it. I'm kind the oppsite. i jsut don't really like overy cute things save for sheep. sheep are cute.

Hippos. Walri. Street Sharks. The Yowies. Things I like specifically because they're unattractive. I personally think it would be nice to see some unattractive heroes in Media.

MadKiyo

Imma bat in yer rafters
We don't get many stories, but we secretly control the world so that's not a problem.

Miles Marsalis

The Last DJ.

Shadow of Bucephalus

Banned
Banned
I worry to much to be frank, but I'm in the middle of working a comic strip series about a cricket, a katydid, and a grasshopper that form a band in a garden.

Know a few folks aren't really into bugs.or are scared to death by them so that discourages me a little.

It all depends on the skill of the Writer, in creating a plausible world/society where the insects and their society/environment are entertaining to read about.

I, for one, always wanted to know more about the inner-mechanics of the Arachnids, from the 'Starship Troopers' movie(s) (and the vastly superior book that started it all).

:)

kidchameleon

Obsessed With Shapes & Colours
I worry to much to be frank, but I'm in the middle of working a comic strip series about a cricket, a katydid, and a grasshopper that form a band in a garden.

Know a few folks aren't really into bugs.or are scared to death by them so that discourages me a little.
Honestly, this sounds like a great idea. I'm all for anything that veers beyond the usual foxes, wolves, cats and *cough* dogs when it comes to characters. Might put off a few individuals, but imagine a story like that would stand out enough to make up for that.

Hope you stick with it - bugs don't seem to get enough love around here.