• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Are you interested in science?

Joni

I'm a hot dog
Well that's not super exciting :V
You need to make something interesting, best way to go is to see something explode ala Micheal Bay
Like this Melon?
für whatsapp_367 (1).jpg

Or a lot of sparklers under water?
Screenshot_2016-01-07-18-49-05 (1).png

Joni

I'm a hot dog
Go find the recipe of the legendary "Greek Fire"
The King of Random is a good example why I don't want to make such content. He literally lost his soul in his videos. In the past I watched every video from him, he made such good, interesting and useful things. I don't know if you know this channel, but right now he makes the same stuff over and over again. Pointless experiments with no value. It's just to get views. Some of it is useful though, but the most is absolut garbage.

Fallowfox

Are we moomin, or are we dancer?
I am a scientist.

I feel awkward calling myself a 'scientist' because I feel like the imagined qualities of a 'scientist' are things that I cannot possibly live up to,
but I am paid to do scientific research so I suppose I can say that- yes, that's my job.

Skychickens

Late Healer Ferret
I love science. One thing that interested me as a kid was circuits and what kinds of things you can use to power other things and make currents work. Or running currents through weird things.

Like yo I turned on a lightbulb once using a potato. It was a tiny lightbulb but it worked.

Roose Hurro

Lovable Curmudgeon
Banned
Or like the time I took my chemistry set, randomly mixed stuff in one tube, randomly mixed stuff in another tube, poured one into the other, and the whole "mixture" instantly solidified.

Marcl

The Honey Fox
Heh, I'm actually really into science. I like reading all interesting things - astronomy, physics, biology, engineering...

I was always terrible with the electric circuits, even if that was part of my education. On the other hand I'm quite good at information theory and signal processing. I know what's the deal with sampling rate, why sometimes helicopter's rotor's stay in place, why vinyl is still a good for music... But as I've said, I like reading and learning about various stuff, so yeah.

Joni

I'm a hot dog
I love science. One thing that interested me as a kid was circuits and what kinds of things you can use to power other things and make currents work. Or running currents through weird things.

Like yo I turned on a lightbulb once using a potato. It was a tiny lightbulb but it worked.
I wanted to make videos about the basics of electronics, but there are so many videos on YouTube, that I think I'll start with a little bit more complicated.;)

Roose Hurro

Lovable Curmudgeon
Banned
I wanted to make videos about the basics of electronics, but there are so many videos on YouTube, that I think I'll start with a little bit more complicated.;)

Marcl

The Honey Fox
@Joni , you could try to make videos on capacitors. There're lots of kinds of those things! What are the differences, why some are good in some scenarios and bad in other? What causes capacitor to blow up? There should enough of material to select from to make an approachable video.

Roose Hurro

Lovable Curmudgeon
Banned
@Joni , you could try to make videos on capacitors. There're lots of kinds of those things! What are the differences, why some are good in some scenarios and bad in other? What causes capacitor to blow up? There should enough of material to select from to make an approachable video.

Reversing polarity does that quite spectacularly. Had it happen in an electronics class, once. Very loud. Shot the "can" across the room. Didn't happen again.......

Edit: I wasn't the one who did it.......

Last edited:

Joni

I'm a hot dog
Ok, I put it on my list. But that's a video for a little bit later. It requires a lot of research.;)

Roose Hurro

Lovable Curmudgeon
Banned
I'm just a tech-head. Love gadgets. Mechanical and electronic.

Joni

I'm a hot dog
I'm a huge fan of zoology. I've always found the micro communities in ecosystems fascinating.
Well, I don't think that I'll make that for my Youtube channel.