• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Are you your sona?

mustelidcreature

actually becomes opossum like a boss
I have 8 fursonas
my main fursona is me but as an anthro cat
a couple of the others are me but different
the others are just more like main characters that I can connect with enough to call fursonas but aren't really me

Matt the Terrier

In a state of indecision
Personality-wise yes. In terms of personality and morals, I am both my Fursona and my Ponysona. My Fursona and Ponysona, however, haven't been through what I have been through irl, and likewise, I haven't had to go through what my fursona has been through, and my ponysona (which is a zebra) doesn't really have a backstory, he just exists for the sake of existing.

I don't consider any of my fursonas to be "me". To me they're all just totally separate characters which all have their own personalities and backstories. I'd love to make one that's just "me as a dog" or whatever but every time I try I just can't seem to connect with them!

Tangerine

I don't consider any of my fursonas to be "me". To me they're all just totally separate characters which all have their own personalities and backstories. I'd love to make one that's just "me as a dog" or whatever but every time I try I just can't seem to connect with them!
Then they're not fursonas, right? If they're totally different characters, then they're just that.

malibu

My sona is just a cartoon animal version of myself. He has my body type, same scars, same personality, and he even dresses the same with the same clothes. He's essentially me in Chihuahua form, which I picked since my co-workers and friends joke that I'm an abused Chihuahua since I'm jumpy/nervous. I have a bad habit of making my sonas based off myself more and more as I draw them.

Redwulf16

My fursona lives in a high-fantasy environment, and so his dress and mannerisms are adapted appropriately. also, I have Asperger's syndrome,
which is both a gift and a curse, and to represent this my fursona is literally crippled (useless left leg) but is an incredible scholar and extremely gifted with magic.

F

FoxyForest

My fursona is a reflection of myself with the same height and weight. Although, I would say his body type depicted by artists is a bit more athletic compared to my soft tummy irl. Personality wise he is basically the same too. He even uses my rl name as well.

DecentBadger

Always looking for that raw aesthetic~
Yes and no. My fursona is basically who I want people to perceive me as this is who I am inside. This badger is laid-back, chill, comfortable, and has a different name
from me (currently going by "Beri"). I unintentionally present myself as neurotic, anxious, and really shy, on the other hand. You know, I've actually been through a lot
of animals as my fursona, because I just have trouble making up my mind. I finally settled with a badger because well...

tenor.gif

David Drake

Representative of Naboo
Now that I've made him, I can say with certainty that he is 100% me as an anthro, though if you've seen both my reveal thread and the thread I made while still questioning that should feel consistent.

Pinky

AKA Allie or Aouzy
I'm both my fursonas, my male (sheep) one and female (pig) one. I think I'm more of the sheep one though. They're both made up of different bits of me.

belovedlyredundant

Chinchilla Domme
I have two fursonas (though I'm still fairly new to this whole community). Neither of them represent myself in their entirity, but rather aspects or parts of myself.

My first is Eden, and she's a chinchilla. She represents the Domme side of myself. She's very femme and assertive. She's also loves luxurious things in life and is obnoxiously wealthy.

My newest is Minnehaha, though she goes by Minne (pronounced Minnie). She's an otter, and she reflects the side of myself that is in love with the natural world. She's fond of camping, hiking, swimming (her absolute favorite), and canoeing/kayaking.