• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Maro

Hello!
3 years ago I bought a pyrograph, a tool for woodburning. I just was curious what is it, it was so cheap and I thought i'll just play with it for a while and probably won't do anything nice. But things changed, I started to really like pyrography, the art technique of burning things on surface of wood using a hot metal piece.
People often think my works are gravered by a machine, but it is not true. It all is handmade and I wanted to share some of my works.

People started to commission me for these artworks very often and I mail my decorated boxes worldwide.
If anyone wants such thing as a christmas gift for someone, It's the best time to order because shipping can last up to 3 weeks.

What do You think about my art? Is it something unique? Do You think there is other color that would look nice?
I appreciate all comments!

Lovely couple
1539867121.maroko_pudelko_kot_wilk.png

Dice box

1505244786.maroko_skrzyneczka.png

Fox in the forest

1508616890.maroko_lis_skrzynka.png

Gryphon and dragon

1513632779.maroko_redizak.png

My fursona

1525789146.maroko_maro_skrzyneczka800.png

Skyrim

1513285062.maroko_skyrim.png

Badge:

1498046172.maroko_voltage.png

More at my>>> gallery <<<

C-artsy

Artsy Fartsy
Awesome pyrography! It's a little-known traditional art form and you do it really well! I've used it myself (it's very popular in the gourd art community) but it's not easy to master. Well, sortof, I have a really old machine from my grandparents so it probably doesn't work as well as newer ones. XD But I digress, great work!
*** NOTE to be aware of *** Wood burned designs FADE IN SUNLIGHT. UV rays get rid of the black singe color and all you're left with is the grooves caused by the burning. Just fyi! Wouldn't want it to ruin your hard work!

Maro

Awesome pyrography! It's a little-known traditional art form and you do it really well! I've used it myself (it's very popular in the gourd art community) but it's not easy to master. Well, sortof, I have a really old machine from my grandparents so it probably doesn't work as well as newer ones. XD But I digress, great work!
*** NOTE to be aware of *** Wood burned designs FADE IN SUNLIGHT. UV rays get rid of the black singe color and all you're left with is the grooves caused by the burning. Just fyi! Wouldn't want it to ruin your hard work!
Oh my, thank You so much for the info. I use 2 types of lacquer for my works, I hope it is enough to protect it well. What do You think? At first I use a colored lacquer and then a transparent one, both are or wooden things.
About old machines, most of people value them more than newer ones, apparently they are better :)

RearmedDreamer

Perpetual Dreamer
Damn these are amazing! D :

O

Okami_No_Heishi

Hello!
3 years ago I bought a pyrograph, a tool for woodburning. I just was curious what is it, it was so cheap and I thought i'll just play with it for a while and probably won't do anything nice. But things changed, I started to really like pyrography, the art technique of burning things on surface of wood using a hot metal piece.
People often think my works are gravered by a machine, but it is not true. It all is handmade and I wanted to share some of my works.

People started to commission me for these artworks very often and I mail my decorated boxes worldwide.
If anyone wants such thing as a christmas gift for someone, It's the best time to order because shipping can last up to 3 weeks.

What do You think about my art? Is it something unique? Do You think there is other color that would look nice?
I appreciate all comments!

Lovely couple
1539867121.maroko_pudelko_kot_wilk.png

Dice box

1505244786.maroko_skrzyneczka.png

Fox in the forest

1508616890.maroko_lis_skrzynka.png

Gryphon and dragon

1513632779.maroko_redizak.png

My fursona

1525789146.maroko_maro_skrzyneczka800.png

Skyrim

1513285062.maroko_skyrim.png

Badge:

1498046172.maroko_voltage.png

More at my>>> gallery <<<
OmfreakingG!! Your art is beautiful!!!

Maro

Thank you so much. Your words are very inspiring and I'm really happy that I shared my art. While many people I follow have hundreds of views, my works are only viewed by few people. Comments are rare things in my galleries and I never know if the art is good. Thanks again for writing some opinions here

Van the cheesen one

What is this? What is that??
This is so interesting! Rarely see something like this, pretty cool! I would probably just burn my room to ashes trying this xD

Maro

I totally recommend buying a cheap pyrography tool and a soft wooden plank (made of deciduous trees). It is very fun and awesome technique but you need to have a good ventilation :)

_Inferno_X

Digital Artist/Software Developer
Beautiful, I also do woodburning. :3 Out of curiosity, do you draw your own designs on the boxes? So far I've only fully designed small little things (wooden spoons are fun) and all my bigger pieces I transferred on and burnt over.

Also, what kind of paints do you use? I've found watered down acrylics work well or water paints

Maro

I just trace them over :)First I draw the sketch on the one side, then I draw over the 2nd side of paper, make sure the whole side is covered with graphite, then I turn the paper over, put on the box and trace lines.
And I use acrylic too, water paints react weird with a lacquer I use for protection

_Inferno_X

Digital Artist/Software Developer
I just trace them over :)First I draw the sketch on the one side, then I draw over the 2nd side of paper, make sure the whole side is covered with graphite, then I turn the paper over, put on the box and trace lines.
And I use acrylic too, water paints react weird with a lacquer I use for protection
Cool, cool, thanks! It sounds pretty similar to my process, I just don't have the confidence to use my own art quite yet