• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Sketchbook: Art by Puddinsticks

Are SFW artists boring?

• Yes

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • No

Votes: 50 96.2%

• Total voters
P

puddinsticks

**Edit; Please don't ask me to draw you 'freebies', and please don't try to befriend me just for free art. If I'm going to draw gifts, I'd like it to be when inspired by a design or for people I'm on friendly terms with. Thank you for understanding and respecting my feelings. I also am not taking commissions as I tend to have a full queue elsewhere and limited time to work. :)

Going to post a few of my current pieces here, and probably post more as time goes on.

I've been drawing, like most artists, since I was a little kid. My hobbies were always encouraged by my parents and they were very supportive and involved of my artistic abilities growing up. I'm very lucky to have been able to count on their support, as I know not every child is encouraged to pursue their artsy passions. I was also 'the art kid' growing up in high school, and as far as I was concerned I was amazing, the BEST.

As you get older you realize that obviously isn't the case, and there will always be people far more skilled and inherently 'talented' than you are. And that's okay. :) I'm quite happy with where my art has taken me over the years. I'm not as cocky as I once was, I think it's for the best that I was smacked with the 'humble stick' young. lol It encourages you to keep practicing and to be kind to your peers. As for now, I do freelance character-based illustration, design consultation, and occasionally graphic design from home.

This isn't my entire portfolio, just my furry related art. I have separate online handles for other projects and even a scifi webcomic I really need to get back to (+18 for language and violence)... But for the sake of organization, I will just be sharing my furry-related pieces here, under Puddinsticks. I'm considering looking into getting a booth at a furry con some day, and maybe open up an online store through a place like Redbubble for furry based stickers and designs, but we'll see. I don't go "all out" on artwork that I upload on Puddinsticks. This is a hobby account bascially, and I made it for me to have fun with. My work is quick and not fully 'finished'. I barely shade anything and focus more on the line work and flat colors. Nothing fancy here. :) All my effort and stress goes into other projects.

As for furry art, I like all types of styles. I tend to stick to simpler, more cartoony stuff, for my own work though. It makes me happy. :) I do style studies from some Disney pieces periodically, but mostly just draw cute anthro woodland themed characters. I'm looking to add onto my gallery, so expect to see more later.
My FA is linked in my sig and my profile, feel free to go check it out!

Going to start off my thread with a redraw piece, the original from 2006. I was about 13.
I traced it off a computer screen, whatever the source image was, I can't remember.

1570505151.puddinsticks_drawthisagain.png

32536881@400-1564969837.jpg

33324177@400-1570418833.jpg

32511330@400-1564793725.jpg

33402069@400-1570929353.jpg

1570872300.puddinsticks_pumkincuddles.png

Last edited by a moderator:

LeFay

Professional meme inspector
Your work is very nostalgic and well done, if you don't mind I'm going to give you a watch on the main site.

Cosmonaughty

Finally comfortable in my fur!
Now that is pleasing on the eye ^v^! Gives me the warm fuzzies from back in the day XD I used to like drawing tiny toons characters, but it became a slight obsession of mine XD

You can definitely draw 'cozy' incredibley well though ^v^ Why do I want a cup of tea now?

P

puddinsticks

Your work is very nostalgic and well done, if you don't mind I'm going to give you a watch on the main site.
Now that is pleasing on the eye...
Your style is adorably cute, I love it and can't wait to see more.

Thank you all very much. :)
I love the variety in artistic styles the fandom has to offer, and I had never drawn in a 'cute toony' style until getting back into furry art.
I'm happy to hear that people are liking it so far!

As for tea, I think everyone should go have a cup every now and then (or coffee, if they prefer). It helps make the day better.

Skittles

Queen of FaF. Empress of Fløøf.
These are cute! Scouting you on FA now.

David Drake

Representative of Naboo
I've been staying away from the art section lately (mostly because I can't afford any and no longer feel comfortable asking for freebies), but I saw you like a few of my posts and as a lark followed that here and...wow, just wow. I just absolutely love that classic Disney/Warners style and you capture it so well!

N

Nyro46

I have followed you on FA, but I love your art! It is adorable, and I love the sort of Disney-esque look (I grew up with a lot of Disney cartoons as a kid. Also, I was obsessed with the Aristocats as a kid xD)

P

puddinsticks

:') I'm so happy to hear so many nice things about my artwork. I must admit, I was worried I'd go under the radar as a SFW artist.
This really motivates me to keep working on things to upload! Thank you guys very much.

justlexi

I don't think so, I find artistic people as creative and talented individuals. I am not good at sketching or artworks but I enjoy seeing them.
I hope that I can as talented as the people here in this community.

Heppi

The happy one~
I don't think so, I find artistic people as creative and talented individuals. I am not good at sketching or artworks but I enjoy seeing them.
I hope that I can as talented as the people here in this community.
Of course! Everyone had to begin from zero. The path is paved with struggles and sometimes you may just want to give up...but if you endure it and find joy in it, it is REALLY rewarding in the end.