• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

Sketchbook: Art by Puddinsticks

Are SFW artists boring?

• Yes

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • No

Votes: 51 96.2%

• Total voters

GlitterFog

I love your art to bits, it has this cozy nostalgic aura, pure instant happiness!
And it's a prime example of how you do need the knowledge of 3D forms, perspective and so on, even if you're doing flat colored stylised work. Everything in your art is so dynamic, real and grounded in the 3D space. You're clearly a master of your craft in a technical sense as well.

P

puddinsticks

I love your art to bits, it has this cozy nostalgic aura, pure instant happiness!
And it's a prime example of how you do need the knowledge of 3D forms, perspective and so on, even if you're doing flat colored stylised work. Everything in your art is so dynamic, real and grounded in the 3D space. You're clearly a master of your craft in a technical sense as well.

Thank you for the very kind and thoughtful words! I did have some courses in figure drawing, I really feel like that helped me express a body in '2d space' a lot better. I think a lot of people think 'ah, cartoons are easier to draw' while forgetting that these characters have to 'exist' in a sense and have to be believable! It's nice to see someone else considering that. :) I cannot recommend practice practice practice enough to anyone interested in illustration. I'm 26 and I do get discouraged by younger artists with more accomplished skills than myself, but at the end of the day, it's okay with me. I'll keep working on my own time, exploring cartoons as I see fit. Art should be enjoyed, in viewing AND creating.

Thrashy

Пу́тин — хуйло́! Слава Україні! FckNzs.
P

puddinsticks

1576509111.puddinsticks_topcat.jpg

Today I made some time to do a redraw of part of a scene from a storyboard of an episode of Top Cat for some style practice.

HistoricalyIncorrect

Not only I love it. I was actually looking for this particular artstyle.
I think I will have a request/comm to order from you ;)

Just tell me your prices.

Skittles

Queen of FaF. Empress of Fløøf, Best Monarch!
Hoi Hoi! 0/

Wondering if you would be interested in perhaps doing a doodle of Skittles for me at some point in time? :3

Willing to pay and such ^^

Have a nice day!

Tendo64

Cat With A Guitar
Your art is super cute!!! It reminds me a lot of the Disney "furry movies" from the 70's and 80's and I really like that style!

P

puddinsticks

Hoi Hoi! 0/ ...
I have made the decision to not offer commissions here as I usually am backed up with orders elsewhere. So sorry! Thank you for the interest and for asking, though. :)

Your art is super cute!!! It reminds me a lot of the Disney "furry movies" from the 70's and 80's and I really like that style!
Thank you very much! That is exactly what I am going for. :)

Skittles

Queen of FaF. Empress of Fløøf, Best Monarch!
I have made the decision to not offer commissions here as I usually am backed up with orders elsewhere. So sorry! Thank you for the interest and for asking, though. :)

Thank you very much! That is exactly what I am going for. :)
Righto~ Thank you! ^w^ If there comes a time that you are accepting. Could I be cheeky and ask for a poke?