• Fur Affinity Forums are governed by Fur Affinity's Rules and Policies. Links and additional information can be accessed in the Site Information Forum.

fuzzypen

The Most Dorky
If any of those topics interest you then we already have something in common! Hi there; my name is Pen. I've never introduced myself into this community or even the furry fandom before, so... I'm a bit shy, and not sure what to say, so I'll just try all the subjects! Y'know, to help break the ice.

My first fandom was Sonic way back in the 90s. I still have some really old Archie Comics, like Mecha Madness. My girlfriend and I love to draw, are filled with rainbows, collect teacups and restore G1 MLPs together. Recently we've been watching The Dragon Prince. ATLA is my top favorite show of all time. Fight Club is my favorite movie. The canon of Sherlock Holmes is my favorite book series. I've been collaborating stories and RPing since I could talk, and still do so often.

I have two rescued cats, an anxious and imaginative tuxedo and a cow spotted forgetful sweetheart. We made them a giant cat tree out of IKEA shelving and leftover carpet.

The tuxedo plays pretend, yowling and growling and rolling around, stealing dish gloves and sponges when she thinks she's alone. Her favorite toy of all time is a paint brush, with which she will play fetch.

The cow spot follows you to her dish, watches you put food into it, starts to eat it and then comes right back when she hears the food bag crinkle closed, looking to you expectantly. After some coaxing, she reluctantly returns to the dish. Once she again realizes there's food in it she looks at you with wonder, like you're a magician. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.

To those still reading, I commend you. And I think you're great.

MauEvigEternalCat

Proud Feline Warrior
Glad to meet another Sonic fan! I remembered Mecha Madness, that was one of the best story arcs that they did! I'd hang onto those comics, they're probably worth some money. I wish mine didn't get ruined.
I'm also a cat person. Nice to meet you! :D My boyfriend and I have rescued 5 so far. Your cats sound like a lot of fun!

P

puddinsticks

I clicked on this for 'art' and 'cats', and then I saw the UN and icon. Hello again! ;) lol

Thank you for rescuing cats! You changed their whole world. We have four cats and a house-rabbit in our family, all rescues.
Your kitties sound super lucky to have you. :)

I think my first proper fandom was also Sonic the Hedgehog. Many great childhood memories playing the Genesis games, and later reading the comics. Great times, I miss it.

fuzzypen

The Most Dorky
Glad to meet another Sonic fan! I remembered Mecha Madness, that was one of the best story arcs that they did! I'd hang onto those comics, they're probably worth some money. I wish mine didn't get ruined.
I'm also a cat person. Nice to meet you! :D My boyfriend and I have rescued 5 so far. Your cats sound like a lot of fun!

Mecha Madness is totally ruined in terms of collecting, but it's able to be read and enjoyed still! lol One of my comics has a piece of paper on top of it for the title that fell off. The only one in good condition is, I forget which one specifically but like, issue 17 or something, since I was not a huge fan of the art. Speaking of which I have that notorious issue where Sonic grabs real children and pulls them into the screen. Such terrible art! XD

5 cat rescues? That's amazing. Really transformed the lives of those kitty cats.

fuzzypen

The Most Dorky
I clicked on this for 'art' and 'cats', and then I saw the UN and icon. Hello again! ;) lol

Thank you for rescuing cats! You changed their whole world. We have four cats and a house-rabbit in our family, all rescues.
Your kitties sound super lucky to have you. :)

I think my first proper fandom was also Sonic the Hedgehog. Many great childhood memories playing the Genesis games, and later reading the comics. Great times, I miss it.

Howdy! What a small internet this is. xD

SatAM is on Netflix. I revisited it in the past few years and despite its 90s cheese it still holds up. Idk if you can grab back orders still of the Archie comics though. I bet they're floating around on the internet somewhere.

Four cats?? That's great! And a rabbit? They're so cute.